Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hodges University: Competency-Based Master's Programs
We've talked about Hodges University's UPower programs before, but I believe that their master's programs are new. I didn't know they had competency-based master's programs until someone posted about them on the other forum asking for reviews. They only have two graduate programs, but they are options not available at WGU and Patten. They're also a lot cheaper than Capella and don't come with the for-profit stigma. Their two programs are a Master of Public Administration and a Master of Science in Information Systems which is more technical than WGU and Patten's IT programs/concentrations, but you don't need a background in IS/IT for admission. For graduate programs, Hodges charges $3,000 per 6 months. It's a little more expensive than most of WGU's graduate programs, but cheaper than WGU's MBA programs.

UPOWER - Information Systems - Master's Degree

UPOWER - Master of Public Administration
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
sanantone Wrote:We've talked about Hodges University's UPower programs before, but I believe that their master's programs are new. I didn't know they had competency-based master's programs until someone posted about them on the other forum asking for reviews. They only have two graduate programs, but they are options not available at WGU and Patten. They're also a lot cheaper than Capella and don't come with the for-profit stigma. Their two programs are a Master of Public Administration and a Master of Science in Information Systems which is more technical than WGU and Patten's IT programs/concentrations, but you don't need a background in IS/IT for admission. For graduate programs, Hodges charges $3,000 per 6 months. It's a little more expensive than most of WGU's graduate programs, but cheaper than WGU's MBA programs.

UPOWER - Information Systems - Master's Degree

UPOWER - Master of Public Administration

Wow this is very appealing. Great find, thank you!
MA in progress
Certificate in the Study of Capitalism - University of Arkansas
BS, Business  Administration - Ashworth College
Certificates in Accounting & Finance 
BA, Regents Bachelor of Arts - West Virginia University
AAS & AGS
This is great! Thank you! I have been looking for a Masters of Public Admin. option as most of my experience has been in municipalities, school districts, and non-profits. This would go nicely with a BSBA!
Oops. There's a third program: Master of Arts in Visual Communication.

UPOWER - Master of Arts in Visual Communication
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
Nice. Thanks for the information
A.A.S. IN RESPIRATORY CARE (LOCAL COMMUNITY COLLEGE): 2007
A.A. IN SOCIAL SCIENCE (LOCAL COMMUNITY COLLEGE): 2015
B.S.A.S.T IN RESPIRATORY CARE (TESU) 2015
I'm really liking the MPA. Has anyone been able to find admission requirements? I can't find them on the site and the catalog was really vague.
IN-PROGRESS:
???

MAYBE:
Texas A&M University-Commerce - BGS

COMPLETED:
Southeast Tourism Society - TMP (02/2020)
Pierpont Community and Technical College - AAS BOG, AOE: English (12/2018)
FEMA - PDS Certificate (04/30/2014)
GED (11/16/2004)
Dear Tedium,

Thanks for your interest in the Master degree program in Public Administration (MPA) at Hodges University. I have been assigned as your Admissions Coordinator to assist you with your questions and the enrollment process. As you may know, Hodges University is a fully regionally accredited school which ensures its standard of excellence. The MPA program is in a self-paced format called UPower. I’m attaching a few links to videos on HU’s UPower degree programs. All UPower programs begin every first of the month. I’m attaching a curriculum sheet for your reference. You can also go to our website at www.hodges.edu and click on “Academics” for some great information on career outlook statistics as well as course descriptions.

HODGES UNIVERSITY UPOWER DEGREE DIRECTORS CUT (everyone) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPxewjv_ER4

HODGES UNIVERSITY UPOWER Brian interview - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cx2HQCcUuD4

The application process includes the following requirements:

-minimum GPA of 2.75 in your last 60 credits

-completion of a graduate essay (guidelines attached)

-interview with Program Chair (informative session before you can begin)

These items will then be reviewed for approval.
IN-PROGRESS:
???

MAYBE:

COMPLETED:
GED (11/16/2004)
How do I game the system to get tesc to show a GPA? Take a class?
inkleind Wrote:How do I game the system to get tesc to show a GPA? Take a class?

You can take a class anywhere to establish a GPA for graduate purposes. I'd recommend just taking some classes at a community college. It won't show as a "TESC" GPA, but graduate schools use all of your transcripts to calculate a GPA.
Currently studying for: Still deciding.

Done!
2020 - Harvard Extension School - ALM IT Management 
2019 - Harvard Extension School - Graduate Certificate Data Science
2018 - Harvard Extension School - Graduate Certificate Cyber Security
2016 - WGU - MBA Mgmt & Strategy
2015 - Thomas Edison State College - BSBA Marketing & CIS
inkleind Wrote:How do I game the system to get tesc to show a GPA? Take a class?

You can't "game the system" in a situation like this. The schools you apply to will want to see transcripts. Your transcripts will show that you don't have enough graded credits. You need to talk with each school and see if they will make an exception.
IN-PROGRESS:
???

MAYBE:

COMPLETED:
GED (11/16/2004)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ENEB Master Thread MrsBulletPoints 2,737 536,990 1 hour ago
Last Post: Thorne
  New Data Analytics Programs ss20ts 12 442 Yesterday, 10:11 AM
Last Post: allvia
  Gardner-Webb University: 10-12 month online MBA? PaperAssistant 7 194 04-18-2024, 10:33 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Kairos University Masters in Counseling Wnt2BLPC 9 707 04-18-2024, 11:46 AM
Last Post: MichiganMax
  MBA Student @ Eastern University – AMA klone 22 1,854 04-15-2024, 08:20 PM
Last Post: klone
  Opinions on Master's International University of Divinity isaachunter 19 6,099 04-14-2024, 07:55 AM
Last Post: isaachunter
  best MBA/Masters in Finance programs after UMPI? CFPhopeful 7 460 04-07-2024, 08:51 PM
Last Post: Mjake260
  List of Cheap Online MBA Programs That Can Be Completed in Under 1 Year LevelUP 27 17,665 04-07-2024, 02:42 PM
Last Post: David1477
  Fitchburg State University - MBA in Finance Spaceghost 7 492 04-06-2024, 01:04 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Star a JD for JSD: another Northwestern California University School of Law journey thread jsd 33 7,311 04-04-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: collegecareerstudent