Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How anyone ever got below a 100% on forum posts?
I was just wondering if anyone here has ever got anything under 100% for forum posts for TESU classes?  And if so why?
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
I would imagine nobody who frequents this forum does badly at TESU forum posts. Big Grin

Judging by the required discussion posts at Strayer, I don't think anyone here has anything to worry about when it comes to forum posting.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
The was one student in my Database Management class that basically plagiarized all of theirs. It was painfully obvious that they simply Googled and copied what they found without much understanding. I would guess that they didn't get 100%
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 1 user Likes davewill's post:
  • Holmes
<cries> Yes. The lowest I had on a forum post... was under 100%, let's say, it wasn't even a "passing" grade in my shoes... So, it all depends on the mentor!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(02-01-2021, 06:40 PM)rachel83az Wrote: I would imagine nobody who frequents this forum does badly at TESU forum posts. Big Grin

Judging by the required discussion posts at Strayer, I don't think anyone here has anything to worry about when it comes to forum posting.

Same with my Strayer classes. Most of the students continually ignore the entreaties of the instructor and just post a single sentence or copy the first Google result. I feel like I'm one of the only people who puts real effort into my posts.

I agree that anyone who is used to posting here would do well in online class discussion assignments. All of you are good at drafting appropriate posts and replies. Class forums are typically treated as informal participation assignments. Grading isn't too nitpicky; the most important part is simply doing it.

While I haven't taken any TESU classes yet with discussions, I'd imagine that they are similar to my prior experiences.
TESU Class of 2024 BSBA-CIS+GM, BSIT, ASNSM-CS+Math, AAS-GEN
Earned credits from Sophia, SDC, ASU ULC, TEEX, Microsoft, Strayer, TESU, Saylor, DSST, CLEP, CompTIA, StraighterLine, and others since starting in April 2020
(02-01-2021, 07:02 PM)jch Wrote: Same with my Strayer classes. Most of the students continually ignore the entreaties of the instructor and just post a single sentence or copy the first Google result. I feel like I'm one of the only people who puts real effort into my posts.  

I feel the same way. I have a hard time finding someone to respond to because most of the posts a.) make no sense b.) are copy/pastes of this week's reading materials c.) are mostly 2 sentences long. Sometimes, it's a combination of all 3. The topics aren't always the easiest things to write about but I do try to post at least two paragraphs each time.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 3 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • BrianFallon, Dorothy44, jch
Doing a survey of actual forum posts, I'm seeing word counts between 150 to 500 words for the Info Lit course.

For the Business Capstone, I was seeing mostly 250 words to 500 words.  A few outliers had 1000 words and a few had 150 words.

I was doing 150 to 250 words posts for the Info Lit course and 500 words for the Business Capstone.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
I was always surprised by the students who would post days/weeks after the due date on a consistent basis. I understand having an issue once but every single time does not speak well to time management or organizational skills.
(02-01-2021, 09:22 PM)tallpilot Wrote: I was always surprised by the students who would post days/weeks after the due date on a consistent basis. I understand having an issue once but every single time does not speak well to time management or organizational skills.

Strayer just started week 5 of their winter term, and I'm still receiving replies to my week 2 and 3 posts. I don't get it either.
TESU Class of 2024 BSBA-CIS+GM, BSIT, ASNSM-CS+Math, AAS-GEN
Earned credits from Sophia, SDC, ASU ULC, TEEX, Microsoft, Strayer, TESU, Saylor, DSST, CLEP, CompTIA, StraighterLine, and others since starting in April 2020
(02-01-2021, 09:22 PM)tallpilot Wrote: I was always surprised by the students who would post days/weeks after the due date on a consistent basis. I understand having an issue once but every single time does not speak well to time management or organizational skills.

In case you think you might be just a few minutes late, you could do an incomplete post to the forum, get your timestamp recorded, then you got 30 min to edit and fill your content. (don't be suspicious Big Grin)

I bet most professors don't care if you are a little bit late.  I wonder though if anyone posted late enough to get points deducted?  I posted a few that were just a few minutes late, no deduction.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I did it! - All thanks to this forum WALLACEMC11 5 597 08-07-2023, 12:50 AM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Discussion forum on TESU mt_1994 30 7,372 04-23-2023, 09:00 AM
Last Post: Pats20
  TESU Forum Grade gams007 1 570 03-24-2023, 11:07 AM
Last Post: origamishuttle
  I'm finally done and I'm so grateful to this forum romoh 3 697 11-21-2021, 01:22 PM
Last Post: acethroughcollege
  Discussion Forum/Assignment Due Dates Moodle Toastmaster 13 1,840 03-20-2021, 12:13 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  How long after class at TESU until it posts on transcript darthweezy 0 561 01-29-2020, 01:40 PM
Last Post: darthweezy