Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How anyone ever got below a 100% on forum posts?
(02-01-2021, 09:22 PM)tallpilot Wrote: I was always surprised by the students who would post days/weeks after the due date on a consistent basis. I understand having an issue once but every single time does not speak well to time management or organizational skills.

I finished SOS-110 in December and just yesterday I got an email of someone responding to one of my posts.  I'm not even sure how that happens.
[-] The following 1 user Likes utility's post:
  • rachel83az
(02-02-2021, 08:19 AM)utility Wrote:
(02-01-2021, 09:22 PM)tallpilot Wrote: I was always surprised by the students who would post days/weeks after the due date on a consistent basis. I understand having an issue once but every single time does not speak well to time management or organizational skills.

I finished SOS-110 in December and just yesterday I got an email of someone responding to one of my posts.  I'm not even sure how that happens.

The person may have extended their term.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
(02-02-2021, 04:30 PM)davewill Wrote:
(02-02-2021, 08:19 AM)utility Wrote:

The person may have extended their term.

True, but the rules clearly state that extending the term is for assignments/exams only.  Forum posts must be done on the deadlines.  I imagine these people don't read those rules since they obviously don't read the deadlines either.

As I said before I understand life getting in the way but one could throw together a half assed post on the smartphone app just to get something in.  We're talking about cheesy discussions not 25 page papers.
(02-01-2021, 06:57 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: <cries> Yes.  The lowest I had on a forum post... was under 100%, let's say, it wasn't even a "passing" grade in my shoes...  So, it all depends on the mentor!

It happened, I got a low 90's score on a forum post on the Capstone course.  I don't know why I may ask before the end of the term.  (was on time, long enough, answered the questions,  2 replies or other forum posts)

Been a crazy term with me changing my thesis at once a week lol.

So bjcheug77 you're not the only one in the below 100% club.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • Dorothy44
Just found out I got an 88 on a post due to only replying to 3 other posts and not 4. I did reply twice on my own post, but that didn't count.

Sent from my SM-G970U using DegreeForum.net mobile app
EDIT: nevermind, missed that this was specific to TESU and made an unrelated observation Big Grin
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
By mistake in Intro to Critical Reasoning class, I made one forum response to a classmate and then one response by accident I did to the professor's post, which was just instructions for the forum.

I usually double-check my posts but missed what I did.  I asked the professor why I got a 95% on the forum post, saw my mistake, and corrected it before the professor responded.  The professor ended up revising the grade to 100% though I didn't ask for it.

On the SOS-110, by a misclick mistake, I dragged and dropped and uploaded the wrong file instead of my assignment. As a result, I got a 0 score on my assignment.  I then reached out to the professor, told the professor what happened, and was allowed to upload the assignment again, and didn't get a late penalty for it.

A lesson I learned no matter how confident you are, always double-check and verify everything!

My experience is that TESU professors have been friendly and willing to help students.  Don't be afraid to ask for help.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • Dorothy44

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I did it! - All thanks to this forum WALLACEMC11 5 580 08-07-2023, 12:50 AM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Discussion forum on TESU mt_1994 30 7,317 04-23-2023, 09:00 AM
Last Post: Pats20
  TESU Forum Grade gams007 1 547 03-24-2023, 11:07 AM
Last Post: origamishuttle
  I'm finally done and I'm so grateful to this forum romoh 3 688 11-21-2021, 01:22 PM
Last Post: acethroughcollege
  Discussion Forum/Assignment Due Dates Moodle Toastmaster 13 1,752 03-20-2021, 12:13 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  How long after class at TESU until it posts on transcript darthweezy 0 554 01-29-2020, 01:40 PM
Last Post: darthweezy