Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do YOU feel about networking
You guys know that I am the broken record when it comes to networking and LinkedIn.   So, I thought that insteading of just telling you to network, I would provide a very simple blueprint.

It's directed towards an international audience, but I believe there is useful information for anyone who wants to see a very laid-back way to network.

(And if you do like it, I totally wouldn't complain if you gave me a like or a share)

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/how-netwo...ublished=t
Regis University, ITESO, Global MBA with a focus in Emerging Markets 4.0 GPA, Dual-university degree (Spanish/English) 
COSC BS, Business Admin

My BS Credits:
Spanish 80 | Humanities 67 | A & I Lit 72 | Sub Abuse 452 | Bus Ethics 445 | Tech Writ 62 | Math 53 | HTYH 454 | Am. Govt 65 | Env & Humanity 64 | Marketing 65 | Micro 61| Mgmt 63| Org Behavior 65| MIS 446|Computing 432 | BL II 61 | M&B 50 | Finance 411 | Supervision 437| Intro Bus. 439| Law Enforcement 63|  SL: Accounting I B | Accounting II C+| Macro A | ECE: Labor Relations A | Capstone: A| FEMA PDS Cert 
[-] The following 3 users Like burbuja0512's post:
  • cookderosa, dfrecore, Life Long Learning
The question is, "How do you feel about networking?"

In my estimation, networking is the most critical part. There is not a person on this board (or, off) who hasn't seen a totally unqualified person slotted due to a network connection, be it nepotism, 'the canoe club', 'the good 'ol boy system', what have you.

.... for the rest of you, with less than stellar contacts in your cellphone, get a 4 year or better degree...

I look forward to reading the link
Angel 
Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies Thomas Edison State University 2018
Cert in Emergency Management -
Three Rivers CC 2017
Cert in Basic Police Ed - Walters State CC 1996

Current Goal: new job
Working on: securing funding I don't have to pay back for a Masters.
Up Next: Toying with Masters Programs
Finished: First Degree

Older Experience with: PLA / Portfolios, RPNow, Proctor U, ACE, NCCRS, DAVAR Academy (formerly Tor), Straighterline, TESU, Ed4Credit, Study.com, The Institutes, Kaplan, ALEKS, FEMA IS, NFA IS, brick & mortar community colleges, LOTS of vocational schools...

My list of academic courses:
link

[-] The following 1 user Likes High_Order1's post:
  • burbuja0512
I feel that it is greatly important.

Bragging time:I got an astronaut coworker as a LinkedIn connection yesterday. Most interesting skills and experience writeups I have seen.

I felt my profile get cooler. Instantly. :-)
We are all on the same side here, trying to better our lives....so let's get along and help each other out. 

Learn a trade. Gain technical skills. Make money, then use this money to get a degree...if you have the desire. 

(04-17-2018, 10:01 PM)High_Order1 Wrote: In my estimation, networking is the most critical part. There is not a person on this board (or, off) who hasn't seen a totally unqualified person slotted due to a network connection, be it nepotism, 'the canoe club', 'the good 'ol boy system', what have you.

Unfortunately the good 'ol boy system is alive and well..   Maybe that's one of the reasons I feel so passionately about leveling the playing field with networking.

Really, I think this whole board contributes to the "leveling the playing field" concept.   Those of us who wouldn't have finished school due to time and money are gaining quite a bit of traction in the job market, with networking and many other means to really get ahead.

Let me know what you think of the article  Smile

(04-18-2018, 03:31 AM)icampy Wrote: I feel that it is greatly important.

Bragging time:I got an astronaut coworker as a LinkedIn connection yesterday.  Most interesting skills and experience writeups I have seen.

I felt my profile get cooler. Instantly. :-)

Super cool!!!!  How awesome is that!!!   Networking can be fun!  Smile
Regis University, ITESO, Global MBA with a focus in Emerging Markets 4.0 GPA, Dual-university degree (Spanish/English) 
COSC BS, Business Admin

My BS Credits:
Spanish 80 | Humanities 67 | A & I Lit 72 | Sub Abuse 452 | Bus Ethics 445 | Tech Writ 62 | Math 53 | HTYH 454 | Am. Govt 65 | Env & Humanity 64 | Marketing 65 | Micro 61| Mgmt 63| Org Behavior 65| MIS 446|Computing 432 | BL II 61 | M&B 50 | Finance 411 | Supervision 437| Intro Bus. 439| Law Enforcement 63|  SL: Accounting I B | Accounting II C+| Macro A | ECE: Labor Relations A | Capstone: A| FEMA PDS Cert 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DegreeForum LinkedIn Networking ashkir 16 1,976 05-20-2021, 03:34 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  What is going on?! I feel for this guy! bjcheung77 29 4,057 07-12-2018, 12:30 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Anybody else feel this way? dcan 9 1,469 01-26-2012, 01:07 PM
Last Post: burbuja0512
  As a US citizen what do you feel you are entitled to? ryoder 40 7,506 06-19-2011, 07:50 PM
Last Post: dcan