Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is going on?! I feel for this guy!
This incident is even worse than the Aaron Schlossberg one.  At least the lawyer didn't put anyone in the hospital!
Something needs to be done in society to stop these type of incidents from happening.  How can this lady "get others" to participate in hurting anyone is beyond me... I mean, do those "younger men" not have a brain and stop the madness?
Link: https://ktla.com/2018/07/06/authorities-...h-of-july/
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
It's really unimaginable. Here's another story https://ktla.com/2018/07/09/grandfather-...tstanding/

I can only suspect that the woman's anger had to be prompted by something. People don't go from zero to nuclear for no reason. ;(
I hope she's charged with a hate crime.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
(07-10-2018, 11:35 AM)sanantone Wrote: I hope she's charged with a hate crime.

forget that- this isn't snowflake politics, she needs to be charged with attempted murder!
(07-10-2018, 01:04 PM)cookderosa Wrote:
(07-10-2018, 11:35 AM)sanantone Wrote: I hope she's charged with a hate crime.

forget that- this isn't snowflake politics, she needs to be charged with attempted murder!

Quote:Misbel Borjas was driving by when she saw the woman hitting Rodriguez repeatedly in the head with a concrete block, she said.

“I heard her saying, go back to your country, go back to Mexico,” she told CNN by phone. “When I tried to videotape her with my cell phone, she threw that same concrete block, tried to hit my car.”

Police are looking for the woman and four men seen in Borjas’ video, Robinson told KTLA.

Sounds racially motivated to me. It can be attempted murder and a hate crime all at the same time.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 1 user Likes davewill's post:
  • jsd
Attempted murder + hate crime would be pretty severe if convicted, the complete opposite of a “snowflake” (Rolleyes) approach. No reason not to charge when the crime fits.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
[-] The following 1 user Likes jsd's post:
  • sanantone
Yes it needs to be something like attempted murder and a hate crime it makes the sentence worse. I know someone who was convicted of a hate crime on a learning disabled person. The cohorts involved in the attack and humiliation got off on 2-3 years probation the person convicted of a hate crime got 20 years.
Linda

Start by doing what is necessary: then do the possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible  St Francis of Assisi

Now a retired substitute Teacher in NY, & SC

AA Liberal Studies TESC '08
BA in Natural Science/Mathematics TESC Sept '10
AAS Environmental safety and Security Technology TESC  Dec '12
[-] The following 1 user Likes Lindagerr's post:
  • sanantone
my understanding is that the burden of proof on a hate crime is hard to prove, it's not worth getting this thrown out just to make a political statement. If the woman doing the hitting said "go back to Mexico" and this man was actually FROM Mexico, in my opinion, she didn't say anything wrong. Attempted murder is cut and dry - assuming they can find these people, which they haven't yet been able to do.
Hate crime is an additional charge on top of other charges. If the prosecutor can’t prove it, the jury can reject it (or be hung on it) and still find guilty on the other charges without having them thrown out.

I haven’t seen any indication that he was here illegally. Whether he was or wasn’t, she doesn’t have the authority to personally enforce that he leave, and she’s clearly wrong for attacking him.

Also, what political statement would this even be making? That we enforce our laws? I guess only some laws are important.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
[-] The following 1 user Likes jsd's post:
  • sanantone
(07-10-2018, 07:09 PM)jsd Wrote: Hate crime is an additional charge on top of other charges. If the prosecutor can’t prove it, the jury can reject it (or be hung on it) and still find guilty on the other charges without having them thrown out.

I haven’t seen any indication that he was here illegally. Whether he was or wasn’t, she doesn’t have the authority to personally demand that he leave, and she’s clearly wrong for attacking him.

Also, what political statement would this even be making? That we enforce our laws? I guess only some laws are important.

I don't know what we're disagreeing about- you're arguing that I'm not being tough enough by saying this person should only be charged with attempted murder?!? That's all I got- to me this is attempted murder cut and dry. Beyond that, the courts will have to figure it out because the rest is subject to interpretation, and yes, politics. I didn't say this person was illegal either- I think this person was literally from Mexico according to the article. If you're from Ohio and I tell you to go back where you came from, that isn't a crime, it's rude. It isn't against the law to be rude, yet.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How do YOU feel about networking burbuja0512 3 1,232 04-18-2018, 08:31 AM
Last Post: burbuja0512
  Anybody else feel this way? dcan 9 1,453 01-26-2012, 01:07 PM
Last Post: burbuja0512
  As a US citizen what do you feel you are entitled to? ryoder 40 7,355 06-19-2011, 07:50 PM
Last Post: dcan