Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How does TESUs recent change affect things?
I am referring to this.
https://www.tesu.edu/admissions/faqs-tra...rs-sources

I am confused as to how this changes things for those who want to get as much credit and transfer to TESU so you can get the degree and be done as fast as possible.

Does this mean I will be required to take 30 credits at TESU?

Please help me understand.

Thanks!
Ace
CLEP - 7 Courses, Study.com - 11 Courses, Sophia - 15 Courses, CSM Learn, INSTANTCERT - Spanish I, Coursera - Google Data Analytics Certificate.

UMPI Double major BA Accounting, BABA Project Management. 2023

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
No, you don't have to take 30 credits at TESU. You can still transfer in 114 credits. However, 24 of them would need to be from an RA source. This is generally cheapest with LL electives through places like Olivet Nazarene University or TEL Learning.

Depending on what degree you want, taking 16 credits at TESU during one term is not only the cheapest way to get a degree but also the easiest way to fill certain requirements.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 4 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • GizmoJack, jch, Pikachu, thecontrarian
You can bring in 24cr of RA (and then get the remaining 6cr from the cornerstone and capstone) via many ways, but the fastest will be LL TECEP exams and $110 UExcel exams (+ $55 testing fees).

And ONU and/or TEL.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 2 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • Pikachu, thecontrarian
(09-23-2021, 09:37 AM)rachel83az Wrote: ... taking 16 credits at TESU during one term is not only the cheapest way to get a degree but also the easiest way to fill certain requirements.

isn't that at least 5 courses ? 

is 5 courses at TESU in one term realistic ?          
I'm sure somebody has done it            

anyone on this forum ?            
if so, can you list the classes you took
I would not recommend doing a full-time course load at the same time as the Capstone course.  I can only speak on this in regard to the TESU BSBA Capstone, but it is a good amount of work and requires dedication.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

(09-23-2021, 12:54 PM)bluebooger Wrote:
(09-23-2021, 09:37 AM)rachel83az Wrote: ... taking 16 credits at TESU during one term is not only the cheapest way to get a degree but also the easiest way to fill certain requirements.

isn't that at least 5 courses ? 

is 5 courses at TESU in one term realistic ?          
I'm sure somebody has done it            

anyone on this forum ?            
if so, can you list the classes you took

Yes, it is. The general formula is: Capstone, cornerstone, PLA-100, CIS-107 ePack, 2 easy "can't fail" courses. For comp sci, this includes the UL Software Engineering that can be finished in 20-30 hours. Software Engineering is MUCH easier than the Network Technology TECEP that you'd otherwise need to take for Comp Sci. At least one person on the forum has completed Software Engineering in a 16-credit term and this is how we know that this particular course is extremely easy. 

ART-100 seems to be a good choice, in general. Or pick an ePack that you feel confident about passing with little/no study time. 

The exact courses you should take will depend on your preferences and exactly what courses you're able to bring in from elsewhere.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
[-] The following 2 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • Pikachu, thecontrarian
I see TEL mentioned in this thread, but wouldn't UExcel also be an equally low-cost option for RA credits?

Are the TEL courses easier than UExcel?

There seems to be over-lap on their available subjects.
Some of the UExcels are exceedingly difficult, considering their subject matter. Others are relatively easy. Also, not everyone wants their grade to rely on a single test.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Everyone is different, some people like exams, others like courses. Your main options depend on what suits you best, some like exams, if that's you, TECEPS/UEXCELS are recommended. If you're into taking courses, then TEL/ONU would be recommended.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(09-23-2021, 05:13 PM)rachel83az Wrote: Some of the UExcels are exceedingly difficult, considering their subject matter. Others are relatively easy. Also, not everyone wants their grade to rely on a single test.

TECEP's and e-Pack's also rely on a single test; the only thing about TESU is those are Pass/Fail, while UExcel's are graded.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • Pikachu

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Recent Evaluation for Google IT Support MissRN 8 375 Yesterday, 06:41 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Recent ProctorU & Network Technology TECEP (CMP-3540) Experience AllThose299s 5 841 11-01-2023, 10:27 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU help me understand things collegeishard 26 1,610 08-15-2023, 12:33 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Possible change or wrong info on wiki Insert Name 4 526 07-11-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  New change in TESU Transcripts Processing DSeducate 3 943 11-17-2022, 07:02 PM
Last Post: DSeducate
  Any Final Things You Did Before You Graduated? LevelUP 7 1,030 03-28-2022, 02:21 PM
Last Post: Dorothy44
  After all the recent changes, what's the possibility of doing undergrad from India? learning_spree 17 2,538 09-18-2021, 10:39 PM
Last Post: booklovingirl
  Change in TESU credit distibution thecontrarian 4 873 08-28-2021, 12:26 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Any more recent LIB 495 Capstone examples? Student87 5 1,013 06-17-2021, 02:07 AM
Last Post: vetvso
  Considering the transfer change at TESU..I need help edwardtheprogseoul 8 1,642 01-26-2021, 11:24 AM
Last Post: ss20ts