Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
After all the recent changes, what's the possibility of doing undergrad from India?
(08-30-2021, 10:03 PM)Supermind Wrote: Even if it were 10-12 months (I completed my TESU degree in 11 months), it still makes no difference. The AIU will settle for nothing short of 3 years for a Bachelor’s or 1.5/2 years for a Master’s. And in any case, an online degree is not accepted- even if you took 4 years to complete it. Some Indian universities are slowly being authorized by the UGC to offer fully online degrees. That is accepted. Foreign online degrees are not yet accepted.

1.5/2 years for a master's? That's crazy. There are colleges here with on campus programs where you can complete a master's degree in a year. 

It's funny that India is so strict on foreign online degrees when so many proctors for online degree schools like WGU are in India.
They might probably accept 1 year Master’s programs. Bcos the AIU degree equivalency rules stipulate that the duration of an online degree program must be ‘approximately close’ to the actual duration of degree programs in India. So, 1 year is close to 1.5. As you say, it is absurd that India is unwilling to accept proctored online exams. But there is a reason- we have many diploma Mills in India, and paying to get a degree certificate, or proxy-writing of exams are common offenses here. So, there is a lot of fear and skepticism.
I also noticed something else. University transcripts in India often carry the photograph of the student. When I produced my TESU & Walden transcripts in a Government office recently, the officer asked why this does not have my photo. I had to tell him that is not common in the US, and he did not question further. Perhaps, American universities should consider offering such photo-ID-verified transcripts — at least for Indian students. Also, there is the suspicion in india that online American universities never really get to see the student and know that they ‘really exist.’ TESU asked for a copy of my passport during enrollment as proof of identity and address; Walden asked for absolutely nothing. I was left wondering if my details are somehow already ‘in the system’, bcos I had previously earned a degree from an American university. GRE & TOEFL exams also ask for passport copies. The transcripts also carry my photo. So, why is this not followed in universities? This is another area of contention. I feel Online universities should require photo IDs, address proofs etc of international students during enrolment. And they should also have a few zoom video interactions with their students- just to allay concerns that they have never met their students even once. Proctor U or Study.com might have seen me; but no one at TESU or Walden has really ‘seen’ me.
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
[-] The following 1 user Likes Supermind's post:
  • Pikachu
Thanks to everyone, for reaching out to help me. I forgot to mention, but I am also enrolled in BSc Data science and programming, provided by IIT Madras in blended mode(online classes + offline exams), it starts from Sept 6th. It's a well-regarded institute, so I have no problem with further education in India. But it takes 3 years to complete, so I was looking for alternate ways to complete the degree faster where previous knowledge and experience are utilized to grant the degree. Also, the TESU degree helps me where ever 4-year undergraduate degree is required for a Master's degree or employment. I will now work out the degree plan.
[-] The following 2 users Like learning_spree's post:
  • Pikachu, rachel83az
In case you haven't seen it, make sure you check out https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...ts_Roadmap for assistance planning. I think that all the main providers should be available to people located in or from India - except OnlineDegree.com. OnlineDegree.com is only available to US residents.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • learning_spree
(08-31-2021, 03:15 AM)learning_spree Wrote: Thanks to everyone, for reaching out to help me. I forgot to mention, but I am also enrolled in BSc Data science and programming, provided by IIT Madras in blended mode(online classes + offline exams), it starts from Sept 6th. It's a well-regarded institute, so I have no problem with further education in India. But it takes 3 years to complete, so I was looking for alternate ways to complete the degree faster where previous knowledge and experience are utilized to grant the degree. Also, the TESU degree helps me where ever 4-year undergraduate degree is required for a Master's degree or employment. I will now work out the degree plan.

It is better to do it from UpGrad India or get help from Profcyma Career Solutions LLP. Please ping me for contact details.
------------------

(08-30-2021, 10:45 PM)ss20ts Wrote: 1.5/2 years for a master's? That's crazy. There are colleges here with on campus programs where you can complete a master's degree in a year. 

That's not so surprising. North American countries are on a 4-1-3 system for bachelor/master/doctorate, but most of the rest of the world is on a 3-2-3 system.

(08-30-2021, 10:45 PM)ss20ts Wrote: It's funny that India is so strict on foreign online degrees when so many proctors for online degree schools like WGU are in India.

Very true. But then, restrictions like that are more about protecting institutions than protecting students.
BS, Information Systems concentration, Charter Oak State College
MA in Educational Technology Leadership, George Washington University
18 doctoral level semester-hours in Business Administration, Baker College
In progress: EdD in Educational Leadership, Manhattanville College

More at https://stevefoerster.com
https://www.edexlive.com/news/2021/mar/1...19165.html

'Arrear' engineering students who passed due to TN CM's all-pass order, show up at rally and promise to vote for him

During COVID, many passed with no exams Smile
------------------

(08-30-2021, 11:47 AM)ss20ts Wrote: UMPI would be an option to consider. UMPI's not an online school. The diploma doesn't say the degree was completed online. Neither do the transcripts. You also don't need community college courses for UMPI. You can take 90 credits on Sophia, Study.com, and InstantCert and transfer into UMPI then complete 30 credits at UMPI which is a requirement.

UMPI has a campus in upstate Maine on the Canadian border. It's one of the universities that makes up the University of Maine system. It is a state university.

https://online.umpi.edu/

They do not have a tech degree at this time, but there is a BLS (Bachelor's of Liberal Studies) with an option to minor in Management Information Systems or Project Management.

Do you know exactly what the diploma does say?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Recent ProctorU & Network Technology TECEP (CMP-3540) Experience AllThose299s 5 789 11-01-2023, 10:27 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  How does TESUs recent change affect things? acethroughcollege 11 1,482 09-24-2021, 08:47 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Any more recent LIB 495 Capstone examples? Student87 5 980 06-17-2021, 02:07 AM
Last Post: vetvso
  Is it still possible to get BACS from TESU after the recent changes? Holmes 9 1,712 01-13-2021, 03:45 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Question MicroMasters towards TESU undergrad UL AOS? sowelisuwi 5 1,842 12-09-2020, 03:02 AM
Last Post: SweetSecret
Question Getting around the 50% requirement for non-degree seeking students?(undergrad certs) MNomadic 4 966 08-28-2020, 03:22 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Undergrad Certificate Help! Toastmaster 15 1,894 06-13-2020, 10:15 AM
Last Post: Toastmaster
  Undergrad certification tesu maxxor6868 0 548 05-05-2020, 08:43 PM
Last Post: maxxor6868
  TESU undergrad payment plan question. AwardTour 0 761 06-21-2019, 05:25 PM
Last Post: AwardTour
  Testing out of TESU Communications Undergrad Certificate Jenna.C 5 1,203 01-28-2019, 11:23 AM
Last Post: Jenna.C