Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it still possible to get BACS from TESU after the recent changes?
Hello,

Of course it is possible and it will always be possible, because you can take whatever courses are left with TESU itself.

However, my question assumes that the degree seeker wants to take only the cornerstone and the capstone with TESU. So, is it still possible?

By recent changes I mean:

- The new RA credits policy.
- TECEP Network is not UL.
- Coopersmith Linear Algebra does not fit into AOS credits.

Now I realized that the wiki page was updated to reflect the new changes as well.

I think this answers the question. Thanks rachel83az for updating it!
The TECEP is still UL, do you mean that it doesn't fit in the AoS?

Another option is to take a course somewhere less expensive.
- Not sure if CSU-Global SSA's are available (mixed messages at this time), but they have CSC430S: Principles of Robotic Theory for $250.
- BYU-Idaho has CompSci courses for $160/cr ($480/course).
- FHSU is $226.88/cr ($681/course), they have a CS degree

I'm sure there are more, and you could look at schools in your state with good in-state rates if they exist.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • Pikachu
(01-11-2021, 11:36 AM)dfrecore Wrote: The TECEP is still UL,

Thanks for the clarification.
In progress:  TESU BACS [110/122]
  Completed: ASU Certificate in Applied Business Data Analytics
    Credits: ASU [72] | ALEKS [6] | CSMLearn [3] | InstantCert [3] | Sophia [57] | The Institutes [3] | SDC [30]
(01-11-2021, 11:36 AM)dfrecore Wrote: - BYU-Idaho has CompSci courses for $160/cr ($480/course).

For those who are confused, like I was, BYU-Idaho is not the same as the BYU self-study. BYU self-study does NOT have CS classes. Non-LDS members may find it difficult to be eligible to take these BYU-Idaho classes. https://www.byupathway.org/faq-category/...6fde510000 and https://www.byui.edu/student-honor-offic...ndorsement As far as I can tell, this requirement also effectively bars many (but not all) international students as well.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • Pikachu
(01-11-2021, 12:12 PM)rachel83az Wrote:
(01-11-2021, 11:36 AM)dfrecore Wrote: - BYU-Idaho has CompSci courses for $160/cr ($480/course).

For those who are confused, like I was, BYU-Idaho is not the same as the BYU self-study. BYU self-study does NOT have CS classes. Non-LDS members may find it difficult to be eligible to take these BYU-Idaho classes. https://www.byupathway.org/faq-category/...6fde510000 and https://www.byui.edu/student-honor-offic...ndorsement As far as I can tell, this requirement also effectively bars many (but not all) international students as well.

So I wouldn't recommend the Pathways part of it, there's no need if you're not going to go there.

Here's where I was looking: https://www.byui.edu/online/course-list

I imagine at this point in time, it would be fairly easy to get an endorsement since most people can't go to church even if they wanted to.  But if you don't want to go to this school because of it, you certainly don't have to.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(01-11-2021, 12:01 AM)Holmes Wrote: Hello,

Of course it is possible and it will always be possible, because you can take whatever courses are left with TESU itself.

However, my question assumes that the degree seeker wants to take only the cornerstone and the capstone with TESU. So, is it still possible?

Now I realized that the wiki page was updated to reflect the new changes as well.

In my opinion seems like doing 16 credits at TESU makes the most sense. With all these changes if you need RA credit anyways seems easier just take it at TESU.

Especially if they aren't any self paced RA options for the AOS. TESU isn't that expensive when it comes to RA credit, it's just ACE and CC are cheaper. But for normal university tuition I think their rates aren't crazy. So if you have to pay about the same to transfer in a class from a uni might as while take it at TESU. 

Doing 6 credits plus residentency fee is actually more money than 16 credits if you do the 16 credits in one term. But even if you split the 16 credits into multiple term if you get pell grant and/or scholarships it could come out cheaper than the wavier. You can't use any aid on the wavier.
(01-11-2021, 01:44 PM)natshar Wrote:
(01-11-2021, 12:01 AM)Holmes Wrote: Hello,

In my opinion seems like doing 16 credits at TESU makes the most sense. With all these changes if you need RA credit anyways seems easier just take it at TESU.

Especially if they aren't any self paced RA options for the AOS. TESU isn't that expensive when it comes to RA credit, it's just ACE and CC are cheaper. But for normal university tuition I think their rates aren't crazy. So if you have to pay about the same to transfer in a class from a uni might as while take it at TESU. 

Doing 6 credits plus residentency fee is actually more money than 16 credits if you do the 16 credits in one term. But even if you split the 16 credits into multiple term if you get pell grant and/or scholarships it could come out cheaper than the wavier. You can't use any aid on the wavier.

For anyone who doesn't qualify for aid, 16cr is a very expensive proposition (IMO).  And I think that 16cr in a 12week term is crazy - not something that I could personally do, nor most people I don't think (it's comparable to taking 24cr in a 16week semester).
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • Pikachu
I believe the easiest would be sdc for

Intro to programming
Java programming
Operating systems
Discreet math
Computer architecture (ul)
System analysis and design (ul)
Data structures
Database management (ul)
Management Information systems (ul)
Network tecep (ul) use sdc for study guide.

ASU self paced brief calc.

Get ra 24 gen ed thru other cheap sources. 

Complete corner and cap thru tesu. 

Pay $3200 residency waiver
[-] The following 2 users Like Pats20's post:
  • Dorothy44, Pikachu
(01-11-2021, 04:46 PM)Pats20 Wrote: I believe the easiest would be sdc for

Intro to programming
Java programming
Operating systems
Discreet math
Computer architecture (ul)
System analysis and design (ul)
Data structures
Database management (ul)
Management Information systems (ul)
Network tecep (ul) use sdc for study guide.

ASU self paced brief calc.

Get ra 24 gen ed thru other cheap sources. 

Complete corner and cap thru tesu. 

Pay $3200 residency waiver

Are you sure that Network TECEP is an upper level? I remember that some members reported that it is no longer considered an upper level.
Holmes! I think you got the TECEP confused with another exam (DSST), Study.com course, or something different... Anyways, If you read up a few posts, our resident spreadsheet queen mentioned it's UL. I also concur it's upper level as it's an internal exam that has a 3XX number, designating it as a TESU 3rd year course.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Holmes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 430 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 415 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 434 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Recent Evaluation for Google IT Support MissRN 2 222 04-05-2024, 08:51 AM
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 15 2,258 04-04-2024, 08:08 AM
Last Post: Kones
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 244 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,174 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 225 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 351 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 295 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az