Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How does a TECEP transfer?
If I take a TECEP (as a non-TESU student) for credit I want to transfer to another school (not TESU), how does that work?  When I take the test will it appear as TESU credit, and I can then request a transcript from TESU?
-Rachel

BS in Interdiscipl. Studies (Health Sci. + Beh. Sci. [Coaching] + Business) at Liberty U

Liberty U: 36 cred finished

LU ICE exam:
4 cred
Christopher Newport U:
2 cred
Amer. Coll. of Healthcare Sciences: 52 cred (+14 non-transferable)
Study.com: Pers Fin, Amer Gov
Shmoop: Bible as Lit, Lit in Media
SL: Bus. Ethics, IT Fundamentals, Intro to Religion, Intro to Comm, Intro to Sociology, Surv of World History, Engl Comp I&II

TECEP: Intro to Critical Reasoning (didn't transfer)
ALEKS: Intro Stats
(09-24-2017, 05:01 PM)a2jc4life Wrote: If I take a TECEP (as a non-TESU student) for credit I want to transfer to another school (not TESU), how does that work?  When I take the test will it appear as TESU credit, and I can then request a transcript from TESU?

Yes, but make sure the college you're attending will accept pass/fail courses.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
I think I remember reading somewhere in their documentation that they accept TECEPs, but I'll double-check that. Good caution; thank you!
-Rachel

BS in Interdiscipl. Studies (Health Sci. + Beh. Sci. [Coaching] + Business) at Liberty U

LU ICE exam:
4 cred
Christopher Newport U:
2 cred
SL: Bus. Ethics, IT Fundamentals, Intro to Religion, Intro to Comm, Intro to Sociology, Surv of World History, Engl Comp I&II

(09-24-2017, 06:14 PM)a2jc4life Wrote: I think I remember reading somewhere in their documentation that they accept TECEPs, but I'll double-check that. Good caution; thank you!

If they don't mention TECEPs, then don't refer to them as TECEPs. That will only confuse the school. Just call them challenge exams because that's what they are.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
[-] The following 1 user Likes sanantone's post:
  • a2jc4life
They are listed by name as "alternative credits" that will be "assessed," so I've asked explicitly about the test I want to take and whether it will be accepted and applied to the general ed requirement I'm hoping it will. Fingers crossed for a clear answer.
-Rachel

LU ICE exam:
4 cred
Christopher Newport U:
2 cred

OP, did Liberty give you an answer regarding TECEP?
When I first posted this, I was attempting to transfer it to Ashford. (Ashford was a pain in the rear all around. They were fighting me over actual, posted articulation agreements, and then some. I finally just said forget it and went looking for other options.)

Liberty will NOT accept the TECEP. Sad
-Rachel

LU ICE exam:
4 cred
Christopher Newport U:
2 cred

[-] The following 1 user Likes a2jc4life's post:
  • Yenisei
Ah, OK, thanks. The missus wants to do Liberty's MS in Accounting and needs it (she doesn't have a BS in Accounting) or she'll have to take it with Liberty. I guess it's CSU Global then.
Rules for transfer are not the same as rules for prerequisites. If it shows up on a college transcript, that may be sufficient for prerequisite purposes. However, they may insist on it being graded in which case no form of testing will count.

Your local community college should offer it, though. NMJC may also be a possibility.

You should really talk it out with Liberty.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
CSU Global CBEs and TECEPs are practically the same thing, except TECEPs are listed as in-residence credits as opposed to transfer credits.

As for prerequisites, two graduate programs I applied to didn't care that my science courses were non-traditional. If I had applied to a healthcare program, then that would be a different story. If accounting programs want grades, then CSU Global CBEs will not work.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
DSST
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If I transfer OTHM Diploma into US University, will they be counted as RA credits? lucillegyl 7 587 02-15-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: lucillegyl
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 436 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill
Question Extension Schools for Credit Transfer Tobutz 4 655 12-13-2023, 03:21 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  MyWay Transfer Update: Non-degree awarding course provider bjcheung77 10 1,715 11-15-2023, 12:30 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess
  TECEP Environmental Ethics dbwdb 1 628 11-01-2023, 11:15 PM
Last Post: SpeedDemon
  TECEP limits? oldguy4associate 4 470 10-24-2023, 04:19 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TECEP Advertising updates or recent feedback? seanmathews 5 715 10-09-2023, 11:36 AM
Last Post: Avidreader
  TECEP Operations Management colinsr 4 576 10-09-2023, 11:06 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study.com for World History TECEP bannerfield 4 1,088 09-27-2023, 03:43 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  TECEP midnite123 7 719 08-08-2023, 06:58 AM
Last Post: dfrecore