Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MyWay Transfer Update: Non-degree awarding course provider
We show you expressed interest or are currently enrolled in our MyWay at UMHB program. We’ve recently updated our transferability on credits from non-degree awarding institutions and wanted to share.

As stated in the MyWay Catalog, college-level coursework will be recognized from United States colleges and universities accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). Credits from non-degree awarding college course providers are not accepted as transfer credits into the MyWay program.

For more information on how credits are evaluated for transferability, please refer to the catalog: https://umhb.smartcatalogiq.com/2021-202...-of-Credit

MyWay at UMHB will no longer accept these non-degree credits including credits from providers such as StraighterLine, Sophia Learning, and Study.com as they are not recognized by CHEA accreditation as transfer credits, effective March 1, 2022. 

MyWay will honor pre-approved credits from the previously mentioned programs for enrolled students and prospective students.

If you have any concerns regarding your transfer credits, please feel free to email the MyWay admissions office: myway@umhb.edu.

-MyWay at UMHB Team
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 2 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • akr680, SophiaPrincess
Ouch!
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
That sucks. At least they don't distinguish between RA and NA.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
Oh, wow, that sucks. Looks like they are taking the same stance as NationsUniversity. I wonder if that policy applies to CLEP as well?
IN-PROGRESS:
???

MAYBE:
Texas A&M University-Commerce - BGS

COMPLETED:
Southeast Tourism Society - TMP (02/2020)
Pierpont Community and Technical College - AAS BOG, AOE: English (12/2018)
FEMA - PDS Certificate (04/30/2014)
GED (11/16/2004)
(03-02-2022, 12:17 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: MyWay at UMHB will no longer accept these non-degree credits including credits from providers such as StraighterLine, Sophia Learning, and Study.com as they are not recognized by CHEA accreditation as transfer credits, effective March 1, 2022. 

Update: UMHB might have opened the door part way to alt-credit since. The Transfer of Credit page in the 2023-2024 MyWay catalog states "Students may transfer in 30% or less of total program credit hours from non-degree awarding college course providers."
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jonathan Whatley's post:
  • SophiaPrincess
(11-08-2023, 08:03 PM)Jonathan Whatley Wrote:
(03-02-2022, 12:17 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: MyWay at UMHB will no longer accept these non-degree credits including credits from providers such as StraighterLine, Sophia Learning, and Study.com as they are not recognized by CHEA accreditation as transfer credits, effective March 1, 2022. 

Update: UMHB might have opened the door part way to alt-credit since. The Transfer of Credit page in the 2023-2024 MyWay catalog states "Students may transfer in 30% or less of total program credit hours from non-degree awarding college course providers."

I applied to UMHB in October ignorant of the fact they no longer accepted Sophia. CHEA approval doesn't matter. Sophia is accredited by the DEAC which has CHEA appoval.
https://www.chea.org/distance-education-...commission
Most if not all ACE providers such as Sophia.org and Study.com actually aren't DEAC accredited as they're not an institution, they're a course provider that has the DEAC AQC which is just a quality check, it's like being on COSC and TESU's approved provider lists, they've gone through 'registering' for these type of quality checks in addition to just ACE recommendation for credit. An example of an institution that has DEAC accreditation and NCCRS recommendation for credit is Genesis University, thus these credits can be transferred to Excelsior, TESU and others such as UMPI, WGU that take NA or NCCRS credits.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • SophiaPrincess
(11-14-2023, 02:40 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Most if not all ACE providers such as Sophia.org and Study.com actually aren't DEAC accredited as they're not an institution, they're a course provider that has the DEAC AQC which is just a quality check, it's like being on COSC and TESU's approved provider lists, they've gone through 'registering' for these type of quality checks in addition to just ACE recommendation for credit.  An example of an institution that has DEAC accreditation and NCCRS recommendation for credit is Genesis University, thus these credits can be transferred to Excelsior, TESU and others such as UMPI, WGU that take NA or NCCRS credits.

Thank you for correcting me BJ. I have been misrepresenting Sophia as accredited by DEAC. I feel so foolish. I had hoped you were mistaken and checked with DEAC's website. They are NOT listed under accredited institutions but are listed as you described at https://www.deac.org/AQC/Approved-Providers.aspx#sophia .  I wondered why Sophia even mentioned ACE if they were DEAC accredited. Now I know why their ACE status is so important.
Unfortunately there are a quite a few organizations that proudly post the logo of an accreditor on their website but are NOT actually accredited. Instead they're a member in some kind of program or have other affiliation which gives them a basis for doing so. It confuses a lot of people and demonstrates why you always need to verify accreditation. I wish that the accreditors would put a stop to this mess.
TESU Class of 2024 BSBA-CIS+GM, BSIT, ASNSM-CS+Math, AAS-GEN
Earned credits from Sophia, SDC, ASU ULC, TEEX, Microsoft, Strayer, TESU, Saylor, DSST, CLEP, CompTIA, StraighterLine, and others since starting in April 2020
[-] The following 1 user Likes jch's post:
  • SophiaPrincess
(11-14-2023, 03:21 PM)SophiaPrincess Wrote:
(11-14-2023, 02:40 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Most if not all ACE providers such as Sophia.org and Study.com actually aren't DEAC accredited as they're not an institution, they're a course provider that has the DEAC AQC which is just a quality check, it's like being on COSC and TESU's approved provider lists, they've gone through 'registering' for these type of quality checks in addition to just ACE recommendation for credit.  An example of an institution that has DEAC accreditation and NCCRS recommendation for credit is Genesis University, thus these credits can be transferred to Excelsior, TESU and others such as UMPI, WGU that take NA or NCCRS credits.

Thank you for correcting me BJ. I have been misrepresenting Sophia as accredited by DEAC. I feel so foolish. I had hoped you were mistaken and checked with DEAC's website. They are NOT listed under accredited institutions but are listed as you described at https://www.deac.org/AQC/Approved-Providers.aspx#sophia .  I wondered why Sophia even mentioned ACE if they were DEAC accredited. Now I know why their ACE status is so important.

FYI, if they were DEAC accredited and not ACE-recommended, TESU wouldn't accept them. TESU doesn't accept NA credits. There is/was a similar situation with Penn Foster. They're NA-accredited, but TESU has only historically accepted their credits because of ACE-recommendation. Penn Foster seems to be dropping its ACE courses and leaning into its status as an NA degree provider, so future students won't be able to use Penn Foster credits at TESU any longer.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • SophiaPrincess

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help - Math Degree for Grad School Frederico.Sandoval 9 587 04-03-2024, 12:21 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  New UK Bachelors Degree Online coming soon! Leedeedee 1 268 04-03-2024, 11:54 AM
  Cheapest degree in graphic design? blablablox 10 616 03-30-2024, 12:44 PM
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 27 5,746 03-16-2024, 06:22 AM
Brick Want a bachelor's degree in 3 years? University of Minnesota, Morris is trying... Ares 8 566 02-24-2024, 06:04 PM
Last Post: natshar
Shocked Online Course Provider 2U (edX) Faces Doubts It Can Continue ($900 Million in debt) Ares 3 419 02-16-2024, 02:51 AM
Last Post: studyingfortests
  If I transfer OTHM Diploma into US University, will they be counted as RA credits? lucillegyl 7 688 02-15-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: lucillegyl
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 501 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Atlantic Technological University Interesting Bachelor degree offering from Ireland durain 0 285 02-12-2024, 02:58 AM
Last Post: durain
  The First 3-Year Degree Programs Win Approval Ares 10 851 02-07-2024, 03:40 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden