Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How hard are Study.com Finals?
The lower level course exams are definitely easier and more straight forward than the upper level.

I found the exam questions for the UL courses to be a little more tricky in the way they worded the questions.
TESU BALS: Awarded June 2019
Credits:
TESU: LIB Capstone 3cr, Cornerstone 1cr 
Aleks: 3cr, Insurance Institute: 2cr NFA: 1cr 
Sophia: 2cr Straighterline: 48cr TEEX: 6cr 
Study.com: 18cr B&M: 77cr
This is a late response. I took the final exam on Principles of Finance and got 41 out of 100 correct. I studied using the final practice quizzes 3xs and passed, but when I got to the final exam, I loss focus. I hope I don’t need to retake, since I only needed a 56% passing which average to about 10 questions right. I say this because it’s important to get a good nights ? , good breakfast ?, stay focus on the exam and if you have time check your response if might in the end.
(12-11-2018, 05:48 AM)della2054 Wrote: This is a late response. I took the final exam on Principles of Finance and got 41 out of 100 correct.  I studied using the final  practice quizzes 3xs and passed, but when I got to the final exam, I loss focus. I hope I don’t need to retake, since I only needed a 56% passing which average to about 10 questions right. I say this because it’s important to get a good nights ? , good breakfast ?, stay focus on the exam and if you have time check your response if might in the end.

You need 210 points to pass @ 70%. Assuming you got 100% on the quizzes, that's 100 points, which means you only need 55% (or 55/100) on the final exam to pass. If you received 41/100 on the final exam, unfortunately, that's only a 41%, which gets you to 182 of the 210 points you need to pass.

So you'd need to retake and get at least 55-56 questions correct on the final exam.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
Yes, Merlin explained this to you perfectly. You will need to do a retake of that course unless you want to take a similar course. Ask Excelsior if they would take the other Study.com Finance 104 - Finance Management course instead of this course, as other schools such as TESU accept that as equivalent to Principles of Finance. Are you having trouble with the course? Sometimes a break from it would do wonders, work on it after you've done your other remaining courses...

della2054 Wrote:I took all my GE courses and then some through SL - open book finals. I elected to take some of DAVAR's business course for the upper level - the pre quizzes is what helped me pass the exam.  Did not care for the essay explanations, but getting those extra points made up the difference in my score.  I used Study.com only to pass the UExcel Human Resources Management exam.  Big Grin  Utilizing these routes to was successfully transfer the credits below to Excelsior - 

SL          102 credits
DAVAR     12 credit
UExcel       1 credit
DSST        9  credits

Now all I need to take the Excelsior Capstone get a bachelors degree in Business Administration in Professional Studies.

Hmm, I have slightly more SL credits than you... that was my fave provider too! What course is missing from your Excelsior degree? Is it just this Finance course and the Business Capstone? If this is the final course that's stopping you from graduating, take more time learning and creating your own notes from each lesson. Re-read, re-type those notes manually so you recall the information better.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
EEEK, I had no idea i could take Study.com Finance 104 instead of the extremely long Principles of Finance! I emailed TESU asking them to confirm. I really hope this is the case, I already have so many other loooooong and boooooring classes to wade through. I was dreading that one.

(12-11-2018, 07:01 PM)Mab81 Wrote: EEEK, I had no idea i could take Study.com Finance 104 instead of the extremely long Principles of Finance! I emailed TESU asking them to confirm. I really hope this is the case, I already have so many other loooooong and boooooring classes to wade through. I was dreading that one.

Already replied to you on your other post, but for anyone else who comes along: yes, these courses will both come in as FIN-200 and can be used to fulfill the Finance requirement in the core.  But there are 2 problems:
1) Financial Mgmt is only 2 credits
2) Prin of Finance has a pretest, meaning if you take it multliple times before starting the course, you can possibly "test out" of much of the course.  I was able to do this for a course and got 40% of the way through in about 30 minutes of testing.

Also, Financial Mgmt is only 18 lessons shorter, so not quite as much as you might think.  I would stick with Prin of Finance if it were me.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • suzycupcake
(10-04-2018, 08:41 PM)mysonx3 Wrote: I'm a little concerned that skipping over the quizzes I don't take will hurt me on the final, so I'm wondering how hard the finals are and how well they usually match the content of the previous quiz questions?

I see from your signature that you took Discrete Math. How was the final exam?

(12-13-2018, 08:06 PM)Ideas Wrote:
(10-04-2018, 08:41 PM)mysonx3 Wrote: I'm a little concerned that skipping over the quizzes I don't take will hurt me on the final, so I'm wondering how hard the finals are and how well they usually match the content of the previous quiz questions?

I see from your signature that you took Discrete Math. How was the final exam?

I was a little worried about it because it was the only Study.com class I've taken where I had some difficulty with the content, but the final wasn't a problem. There were very few questions from the more dense sections of the material (aka the ones without videos), and when there were I pretty much just went with random guesses. Still got 87 out of 100 if I'm not mistaken.
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
[-] The following 1 user Likes mysonx3's post:
  • Ideas
Does TESU offer a waiver for the missing unit if you take Finance 104? How would it work if you have enough excess credit?
TESU, BSBA-HR Completed December 2020

Completed: B&M CC: 67 units applied to degree Study.com: Principles of Management, Principles of Marketing, Computing, International Business, Library Science, Managerial Accounting, Leading Organizational Change, Finance, Organizational Theory, Strategic Human Resources (30 units) Davar: Organizational Behavior, Managerial Communication (6 units) Sophia: Microeconomics, Statistics, College Algebra, Conflict Resolution, Leading Teams (11 units) Institutes: Ethics (2 units) TESU: Business Capstone, Cornerstone (4 units)

Next up: Researching Master's Programs
Can you take study.com finals a total of two times or three? Also same question for assignments. Can u submit 2times or 3 if needed?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 39,380 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,493 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,772 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 612 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 327 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 969 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,815 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 552 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 279 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue
  Study.com vs Sophia - Time to complete RachelB 2 685 01-05-2024, 01:20 PM