Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How hard is managerial accounting at UMPI?
IC’s managerial accounting is no joke! I’m struggling so bad. I got a 72% on the first exam and a 56% on the midterm. I’ve been reading and focusing and even made some excel spreadsheets on some of the calculations but those didn’t help me any during either of the exams. The videos definitely help me and this course doesn’t have any. I’m really contemplating on giving up on this course. Is UMPI’s not as much of a drag? This really sucks   Sad
It wasn't bad. The whole final was just 13 questions for me. They just were basically providing / creating 13 different statements. The professor offers really super detailed feedback via the draft feature. I got about 8 things wrong in my draft but she told me eachthing I Got wrong.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ashkir's post:
  • Pikachu
(07-17-2021, 01:32 AM)ashkir Wrote: It wasn't bad. The whole final was just 13 questions for me. They just were basically providing / creating 13 different statements. The professor offers really super detailed feedback via the draft feature. I got about 8 things wrong in my draft but she told me eachthing I Got wrong.
Thank you for the info. I actually lost sleep over the crappy midterm score lol. It’s good to know that the other option won’t be a nightmare.
(07-17-2021, 12:40 AM)carebear_007 Wrote: IC’s managerial accounting is no joke! I’m struggling so bad. I got a 72% on the first exam and a 56% on the midterm. I’ve been reading and focusing and even made some excel spreadsheets on some of the calculations but those didn’t help me any during either of the exams. The videos definitely help me and this course doesn’t have any. I’m really contemplating on giving up on this course. Is UMPI’s not as much of a drag? This really sucks   Sad

I just finished this course today. The content wasn't bad, but the lack of videos made it a lot harder to absorb the concepts. I started to really struggle near the middle and by the end I was almost pulling my hair out. I ended up watching a bunch of online vids to get the majority of the learning done. Not being able to use scratch paper on the final exam was VERY frustrating as I had a hard time keeping the numbers straight while trying to sort everything out on the dinky little calculator provided. I ended up doing a hail mary and guestimating any of the harder formula questions as I knew I was close to the 70% pass. Ended up squeaking by, but I was in the same boat as you and feeling pretty stressed about the class. I'm just glad it's done now. Unless I'm missing something key this type of course with calculations seems like a poor match for the Instantcert format.

Having said all of that, you got this!! 

Here are the videos that helped me a bunch;

https://www.edspira.com/index-managerial-accounting/

All the best.

Shawn
[-] The following 3 users Like lidel's post:
  • carebear_007, HappyPeanut, Pikachu
(07-18-2021, 07:36 PM)lidel Wrote:
(07-17-2021, 12:40 AM)carebear_007 Wrote: IC’s managerial accounting is no joke! I’m struggling so bad. I got a 72% on the first exam and a 56% on the midterm. I’ve been reading and focusing and even made some excel spreadsheets on some of the calculations but those didn’t help me any during either of the exams. The videos definitely help me and this course doesn’t have any. I’m really contemplating on giving up on this course. Is UMPI’s not as much of a drag? This really sucks   Sad

I just finished this course today. The content wasn't bad, but the lack of videos made it a lot harder to absorb the concepts. I started to really struggle near the middle and by the end I was almost pulling my hair out. I ended up watching a bunch of online vids to get the majority of the learning done. Not being able to use scratch paper on the final exam was VERY frustrating as I had a hard time keeping the numbers straight while trying to sort everything out on the dinky little calculator provided. I ended up doing a hail mary and guestimating any of the harder formula questions as I knew I was close to the 70% pass. Ended up squeaking by, but I was in the same boat as you and feeling pretty stressed about the class. I'm just glad it's done now. Unless I'm missing something key this type of course with calculations seems like a poor match for the Instantcert format.

All the best.

Shawn

Thank you, Shawn. I'm going to redo both the 1st exam and the midterm and hope for a better grade. I haven't even gotten started on the last third of the lessons and I'm already dreading it. I'll have a look at the link you shared. I'll try to chug on through. Thanks again Smile
(07-18-2021, 11:02 PM)carebear_007 Wrote:

All the best.

Shawn

Thank you, Shawn. I'm going to redo both the 1st exam and the midterm and hope for a better grade. I haven't even gotten started on the last third of the lessons and I'm already dreading it. I'll have a look at the link you shared. I'll try to chug on through. Thanks again Smile
I actually took Managerial Accounting at Straighterline and it wasn’t bad at all! It seemed easier than taking it at UMPI in my opinion
[-] The following 1 user Likes Lupeb's post:
  • Pikachu
(07-20-2021, 12:50 PM)Lupeb Wrote:

All the best.

Shawn

I actually took Managerial Accounting at Straighterline and it wasn’t bad at all! It seemed easier than taking it at UMPI in my opinion

I've never taken any courses at Straighterline. Are they similar to Sophia or Study? How long did it take you to complete the course?
StraighterLine courses are easier than Study.com but harder than Sophia.org, so take your pick. The main thing is, for their Business Courses, the majority of their final exams are open book, for Study.com, their exams are all closed book/no resources. For the bulk of courses, Sophia.org is the provider, unless they don't offer that course, I would then lean towards Study.com for Upper Level and other providers for Lower Level.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Pikachu

All the best.

Shawn

Hey there. I'm not sure if this information is too late or not, but in an e-mail, with Steven from Instantcert, he confirmed even though it is not mentioned anywhere you can use scrap paper on the final exam. Since it's a pass/fail grade for me and I passed I'm not going to sweat it, but I figured I would let you know in case you are still working on the course.

Best of luck!!

Shawn
[-] The following 1 user Likes lidel's post:
  • carebear_007
(07-26-2021, 12:04 PM)lidel Wrote:

All the best.

Shawn

Hey there. I'm not sure if this information is too late or not, but in an e-mail, with Steven from Instantcert, he confirmed even though it is not mentioned anywhere you can use scrap paper on the final exam. Since it's a pass/fail grade for me and I passed I'm not going to sweat it, but I figured I would let you know in case you are still working on the course.

Best of luck!!

Shawn

Thanks, Shawn. I ended up dropping it. I really wasn't feeling confident at all. I'm hoping that UMPI's will work out. This might be the deciding factor between me getting a business degree or BLS Sad

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UMPI YourPace BLS w/ Management Minor Reference Plan valentvne 0 23 42 minutes ago
Last Post: valentvne
  Math GECs Sophia/UMPI colonelcamp 0 29 3 hours ago
Last Post: colonelcamp
  Framed UMPI Diploma joshua27 31 6,170 3 hours ago
Last Post: colonelcamp
  New considering UMPI but…. manyoptions4me 55 5,363 04-16-2024, 01:26 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  UMPI BLS MISM VS Pierport then UMPI BAS k681 11 431 04-16-2024, 09:15 AM
Last Post: Hotdogman1
  Are TEEX courses eligible for credits at UMPI? soulking 7 319 04-16-2024, 12:44 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  What accounting classes require exams or paper? I have 11 classes left Sarajane 6 296 04-14-2024, 09:22 AM
Last Post: anthony3070
Big Grin Pushing hard! HappyPeanut 4 296 04-13-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: layermonkey
  UMPI Minor Question WayToGoGrad 6 289 04-09-2024, 09:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Sophia to UMPI Transcript wowzers 9 415 04-06-2024, 01:19 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77