Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
How often should I submit an ACE transcript to TESU? Here's what I did.
This question is asked a lot. I just sent them my last transcript today, and looked back at my history. It looks like I sent the first one back in 2014 when I enrolled (plus my CLEP & DSST scores), and then another one in 2015 (1½ years later), then 2016 (6 months later), then again now (1½ years later). On average, I've sent one annually, after taking at least 2 courses. I have also taken a college course, and sent my transcript immediately after the semester grades were in.

Also, just to be sure, before I send them, I make a copy of my eval. Because TESU has changed it around both times that I've sent it - instead of just adding a course, they've moved stuff around, and I've had to contact them to correct the info and put it back to the way it was. I would strongly suggest you do that as well, because waiting until you graduate is not the best time to find out that they've made a change.

I'm doing my last 2 courses from SL, so I get to send that transcript for free, hopefully they won't screw these up (all 4 of these courses are core classes, so hard to screw up Accounting II or Microeconomics). But I'll be making a copy of my eval now, just in case.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Yes, that is good advice - definitely make a copy. Every time I sent a transcript they completely changed my evaluation in entire sections. A few times I had to go back and ask them to move things back to where they were originally and tell them where they were because they didn't know.
MTS             Nations University - September 2018
BA.LS.SS     Thomas Edison State University -September 2017
I actually thought about this too... I thought it would be a silly question, but im glad its out here Smile

Cheers!
Great idea! Did you call or email when they rearranged everything and you told them to put it back?
Are we talking about submitting transcripts outside of the grad application? Like sending a transcript for review...without having to send them any money?
TESU Commencement - Saturday, September 23, 2017!

Goal: TESU, BSBA General Management by September 2017
68/120 credits completed
In Progress This Month
Prin of Mgmt, Org Behavior, Bus Law, Prin of Fin (DSST)

November 2016
TESU Info Session (waived app fee + free breakfast)
Previous B&M - 45 cr. transferred
March 2017
Aleks - Intermediate Alg, College Alg, Intro to Stats
Institutes - Ethics
Guardian Scholarship Awarded 3/23/17
April 2017
Study.com - Personal Finance, Digital Marketing & Advertising
May 2017
World Religions, Pr. of Marketing
Mousebouncer Wrote:Great idea! Did you call or email when they rearranged everything and you told them to put it back?

I think I called, and they fixed it right there on the phone.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
MD_AJIBULU Wrote:Are we talking about submitting transcripts outside of the grad application? Like sending a transcript for review...without having to send them any money?

Yes, I just wanted to get the courses onto my eval. I was not ready to graduate yet.
dfrecore,

Given that ALEKS has the re-occurring approval/validity issue, would it be ideal to send off the transcript as soon as possible to be added to the evaluation, or would pre-approval be sufficient until I have some more courses in the ACE System before ordering a transcript?
scoriae Wrote:dfrecore,

Given that ALEKS has the re-occurring approval/validity issue, would it be ideal to send off the transcript as soon as possible to be added to the evaluation, or would pre-approval be sufficient until I have some more courses in the ACE System before ordering a transcript?

For anyone going the ALEKS or any ACE recommended for credit courses, all you need is to complete the courses while it's "recommended" for credit.
If it's an issue with the re-occuring approval, finish it as soon as possible as it ends June 30. This is the first time I see it "extended" for two months.
I think they may have it renewed for the next term of 3-5 years, we'll find out in the first week of July, but try to finish what you can before June ends.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
scoriae Wrote:dfrecore,

The course may expire, but the credits don't. So, as long as you complete a course in the range of dates for which it's approved, it will go on your transcript and you are fine.

I wouldn't transfer courses over constantly, I would wait until you had a certain number of credits. It can get expensive to keep sending them, plus that whole pesky problem of making sure TESU doesn't move courses around each time.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Schools that list A+'s on transcript in any way? JumbledSpirit 3 295 02-19-2024, 06:23 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU---Easy Courses and TECEPS midnite123 5 544 01-04-2024, 08:22 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU-----Transcripts??? midnite123 6 393 12-21-2023, 05:19 AM
Last Post: midnite123
  TESU---AA ??? midnite123 15 1,002 11-16-2023, 09:17 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  ASU CIS-194 Transcript vesparza15 3 553 10-13-2023, 10:47 AM
Last Post: vesparza15
  International Transcript Evaluation bradonomics 14 1,216 06-27-2023, 11:36 AM
  Sophia.org and TESU midnite123 5 1,025 02-20-2023, 04:52 PM
Last Post: jsh1138
  Completed BA at TESU, any free ways to earn another degree? Lightorb333 13 1,900 12-30-2022, 05:24 AM
  TESU Questions midnite123 18 1,264 12-12-2022, 02:52 AM
Last Post: midnite123
  Lost transcript mlohjj 13 1,213 11-15-2022, 02:01 PM
Last Post: SweetSecret