Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Completed BA at TESU, any free ways to earn another degree?
First and foremost, I'd like to thank everyone on this forum who has assisted me, both directly and indirectly.

I received my BA from TESU and working on my MS from WGU.

I'm curious if I can use my current credits to transfer to any college or university and receive another degree for free or at a low cost.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Lightorb333's post:
  • inf
I was always thinking about that. I know someone here went and got their MS from Georgia Tech and went back and did their BA at TESU using some of the classes from GT.
TESU - BA CS
What was your BA and MS in and what would you want a second BA/BS in?
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
[-] The following 1 user Likes MNomadic's post:
  • Vle045
If you're a religious type, there is always NationsU. They're Nationally Accredited.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • midnite123
Bump - college or university receive another degree for free or at a low cost.
You didn't answer MNomadic's questions.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(11-29-2022, 11:37 PM)MNomadic Wrote: What was your BA and MS in and what would you want a second BA/BS in?
CS and Cybersecurity
Business maybe?
The cheap way to get a second bachelor's at TESU is to do it at the same time as the first. Otherwise, you have to take more courses and either pay the residence waiver or take 16cr at TESU again.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 1 user Likes davewill's post:
  • jch
Try to get another TESU degree then.

For example, if you earned BA in CS, you can try to get BS in Cloud Computing.
Their Cloud Computing looks like a good degree program.
(12-14-2022, 07:07 PM)nomaduser Wrote: Try to get another TESU degree then.

For example, if you earned BA in CS, you can try to get BS in Cloud Computing.
Their Cloud Computing looks like a good degree program.

I get it, nomaduser. Your customary take:

(1) The only worthwhile degree program is CS.
(2) The only thing better than one computer-related degree is TWO of them. (The OP is working on Master's in Cybersecurity)
(3) The only thing better than two computer-related degrees is THREE of them

The OP said: looking for cheap / free. And maybe a business degree. 
OP was  advised against TESU because the only cheap way is to do both degrees there at the same time -and the OP has already earned one. 

To The OP:

It's not free - but a $3.000 MBA from Hellenic American U (RA) is a smokin' deal. A second thought might be Quantic U. MBA. (NA-DEAC) They're gaining a good reputation. They're more than that but they offer scholarships. You apply, they'll tell you how much reduction you can get. If you don't like it, don't sign up. Unfortunately their initial FREE offer to selected students no longer applies.

Another possible alternative is University of the People MBA. No tuition, about $2400 in fees (for exams). School is presently accredited by DEAC. They are a candidate for RA and site visit is in Jan. 2023. My Take: They will make it. Exact timeframe I'm not sure. My guess is: before someone who signs up any time soon will graduate. Don't hold me to it, though. Yeah, it's a gamble - but the worst thing that can happen is - you end up with a NA MBA for $2400. Best case: you end up with an RA MBA for $2400. Fair outcome or spectacular one. And fairly good odds of winning. I suspect fees will rise considerably if - or more likely, - when the school gets RA accreditation.

Just a thought -if you want something elsewhere on the map, there's Amity University in Noida, India. They're RA. Yes -properly credentialed for India - UGC, AICTE and all that good stuff PLUS - good ol' USA Regional Accreditation. WASC, I believe. 

Fees are low and with RA, you won't need a Foreign Credential Evaluation. Have a look. Yes - they do Distance Ed.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help - Math Degree for Grad School Frederico.Sandoval 10 681 04-20-2024, 11:28 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Credit Banking & cheap/free credits - Asking for a friend SweetSecret 7 1,529 04-06-2024, 12:00 PM
Last Post: Rubeferry18
  New UK Bachelors Degree Online coming soon! Leedeedee 1 286 04-03-2024, 11:54 AM
  Cheapest degree in graphic design? blablablox 10 642 03-30-2024, 12:44 PM
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 27 5,791 03-16-2024, 06:22 AM
Lightbulb ASU to Launch a Free Global Initiative and enroll 100 million students MNomadic 203 30,155 03-11-2024, 10:55 AM
Brick Want a bachelor's degree in 3 years? University of Minnesota, Morris is trying... Ares 8 574 02-24-2024, 06:04 PM
Last Post: natshar
  Free or affordable Christian Chaplaincy Online Sowak777 4 459 02-21-2024, 06:39 AM
Last Post: The need 2 learn
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 509 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Atlantic Technological University Interesting Bachelor degree offering from Ireland durain 0 288 02-12-2024, 02:58 AM
Last Post: durain