Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to sign up or begin taking the courses in aleks
How do I get the assessment then please?
dfrecore Wrote:That is not correct. You need to get 70% on an assessment to pass the course. Even if you worked through 100% of the pie, if you can't get a 70% on a single assessment, you can't pass the course.

I would like to think I received more than 70% on every assessment I ever did (other than the first one), more likely 100% in most cases and it still took me weeks to work through the courses. Actually I know for a fact that I received 100% on most of the assessments. The initial assessment is a critical one that you can pass the course on. The next one not so much unless you're around 70% on the pie. You pass by completing 70% of the topics, no more, no less.
Driel Wrote:How do I get the assessment then please?

Every 5 hours or so of screen time you get offered about 25 questions. I think Statistics is sometimes up to 10 hours.
you can also force an assessment on the master account
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
What does it mean to force and assessment?
jsd Wrote:you can also force an assessment on the master account

At 12% what's the point? The only time I went backwards on the was forcing an assessment too soon. If you complete at least 25 topics, most of the questions are current. If you finish only a few topics, only a few of the questions are current and the rest are a mix of new unfamiliar and old. It's a course to learn math. If you don't know the math, it isn't some secret weapon to pass without learning it. If you already know it, it is a good way to document it but don't otherwise fool yourself.
As we're trying to help, it seems there's a bit of difficulty with each answer, we get another question...
So, I think it's easier instead of reading a PDF document, to view it on youtube...
Here's how to create an assessment - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FX2FGiQOmS8
Aleks: https://www.aleks.com/k12/Scheduling_an_Assessment.pdf

Update: OOPS! Forget the links, those are for the instructor accounts, not master accounts.
Let me look for the right ones, if there are any.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Driel Wrote:What does it mean to force an assessment?

Somewhere buried on a screen in the Master Account is the option of forcing a "Knowledge check" something or other. I finished the courses some time ago and don't have access.
I couldn't find anything as such in the Master Account. The only thing close to Assessment is Quizzes and that's what I have just attempted and passed.
Driel Wrote:I couldn't find anything as such in the Master Account. The only thing close to Assessment is Quizzes and that's what I have just attempted and passed.

Work your way through every screen and sub-screen on the master account. It is near the bottom of the page and I believe it is called a "knowledge check" or something similar. I think it might be on the page "View Progress Report"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ASU 100 Million Learners - All graduate courses now available jg_nuy 35 3,913 04-17-2024, 06:44 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 22 1,767 03-15-2024, 05:30 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Study.com --- courses midnite123 9 733 02-24-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: EE-AE-Engineer
  The Rechtschaffen Institute of Judaic Studies (Has anyone taken one of these courses? patsfand 1 787 02-22-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  Introductory data science courses inor 6 572 02-08-2024, 08:52 PM
Last Post: fmsoa
Question Graduate-Level Courses NotJoeBiden 7 678 01-24-2024, 06:51 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Help Finding Some Courses harrypotter 2 298 01-23-2024, 03:52 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU---Easy Courses and TECEPS midnite123 5 576 01-04-2024, 08:22 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Cheap Self-Paced Language Courses or courses IN said languages? nykorn 4 458 12-09-2023, 12:06 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  Outlier.org - 2 For 1 Courses bjcheung77 12 2,553 11-21-2023, 12:27 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77