Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How to use the new ACE system
Emailed ALEKS with details and quickly received the badges.
I think I discovered who used to manage transcripting for ACE.  I am led to believe believe it was Acclaim.  I think we all just bent over in the shower to pick up the soap.

My guess is the orphaning of old credits is deliberate.
(12-07-2020, 03:01 PM)Old Guy Wrote: I think I discovered who used to manage transcripting for ACE.  I am led to believe believe it was Acclaim.  I think we all just bent over in the shower to pick up the soap.

What leads you to believe it was already Acclaim? Do you have a link for this?
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(12-07-2020, 03:01 PM)Old Guy Wrote: I think I discovered who used to manage transcripting for ACE.  I am led to believe believe it was Acclaim.  I think we all just bent over in the shower to pick up the soap.

Need more info...

And what would be the reason to do this? (the deliberate "orphaning of old credits)?
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(12-07-2020, 03:13 PM)rachel83az Wrote: What leads you to believe it was already Acclaim? Do you have a link for this?

No link.  A former school said they used to report ACE courses to Acclaim.  I don't think he was trying to create an expose so I don't think I should show it.

(12-07-2020, 03:21 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Need more info...

And what would be the reason to do this? (the deliberate "orphaning of old credits)?

Just my opinion.  I have no proof it was deliberate.  if it was deliberate, could they have done it any better?
(12-07-2020, 03:42 PM)Old Guy Wrote:
(12-07-2020, 03:21 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Need more info...

Just my opinion.  I have no proof it was deliberate.  if it was deliberate, could they have done it any better?

I'm still not even sure why you'd say it.  It doesn't make any sense at all to deliberately do this.  It doesn't make any sense to make you lose credit.

Also, if they were already using Acclaim, then why would there be so much trouble migrating to the exact SAME system?  That makes no sense either.  They would have been able to easily just switch on the back end, and all we would know was to start using Credly/Acclaim on a certain date.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(12-03-2020, 01:15 PM)rachel83az Wrote: You will need to create an account at http://youracclaim.com/ It will be completely blank. Despite what ACE seemed to be saying, there is no automatic transfer. There is no way to get credits added to your new account unless your granting institution has a method. As of right now, there is NO way to add TEEX credits to the new system. Instructions for SL, CSM Learn, and SDC can be found here: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Am..._Education Sophia is complicated: if you took Sophia courses before October, you have to contact support and have them manually add those courses to your transcript. Courses completed in October or after will have a link for you to claim a badge.

(12-03-2020, 01:09 PM)ROYISAGIRL Wrote: You have to sign up for a credily account. I used the same email as my ace account. Once there depending on what provider it is it may auto update and ask you to verify your badges. Some providers you have to do some leg work.

Sent from my SM-G981V using DegreeForum.net mobile app

For some clarification: Credly is the system that the institutions (Sophia, SL, etc.) use. Acclaim/YourAcclaim is the system for students. I think that there is some confusion because they're used interchangeably when they're not quite the same thing.

Awesome instructions Rachel83az!  It looks like the SDC stuff is fully automated, because they transferred instantly when I followed your guide.  The SL stuff took a day, and I still need to get with Sophia to get the last of my credits transferred over.  The only exception will be the credits from ICCP, but they stopped working with ACE quite a long time ago, and they were all technical credits which generally aren't accepted after 10 years anyway.  Plus that included COBOL credit and I'd rather not advertise that I have COBOL knowledge because I really hate that programming language.
John L. Watson
Earned: WGU: BS-NOS (2019), WGU: MS-CSIA (2021)
Current Programs: UC: PhD in InfoSec (2025), AMA: DIT (2024), ENEB: MBA (2023)
Exam Priority: CEH (Practical), PMP, CISA, CISM
Future Plans: TBD - maybe an MS in Cannabis Science & Business, sounds like fun!
LinkedIn
Omni Transcript
Credly Badges
[-] The following 1 user Likes jamshid666's post:
  • rachel83az
(12-07-2020, 11:41 AM)Old Guy Wrote: Emailed ALEKS with details and quickly received the badges.

May I ask you who did you contact to request your badges?

I had a chat session with them and was disappointed with their answer.
They told me they don't have anything to do with Acclaim and that Acclaim "may be using ALEKS illegally".
What???
In progress:  TESU BACS [110/122]
  Completed: ASU Certificate in Applied Business Data Analytics
    Credits: ASU [72] | ALEKS [6] | CSMLearn [3] | InstantCert [3] | Sophia [57] | The Institutes [3] | SDC [30]
(12-09-2020, 11:40 AM)doom Wrote:
(12-07-2020, 11:41 AM)Old Guy Wrote: Emailed ALEKS with details and quickly received the badges.

They told me they don't have anything to do with Acclaim and that Acclaim "may be using ALEKS illegally".
What???

I just used a general email and the courses showed up.  I told them the courses and when I took them.  Maybe I'm lucky.

I used the email        support-admin@aleks.com

If anyone wants to write a case study in business incompetence, this transition would be a classic.

Has anyone had any luck with TEEX?  I have more old free credits. Anyone have any luck with these??   I thought it was easier to write The Institutes exam than try to transfer the old one.   Is it still ACE approved?
(12-09-2020, 11:54 AM)Old Guy Wrote:
(12-09-2020, 11:40 AM)doom Wrote:

What???

I just used a general email and the courses showed up.  I told them the courses and when I took them.  Maybe I'm lucky.

I used the email        support-admin@aleks.com

If anyone wants to write a case study in business incompetence, this transition would be a classic.

Has anyone had any luck with TEEX?  I have more old free credits. Anyone have any luck with these??   I thought it was easier to write The Institutes exam than try to transfer the old one.   Is it still ACE approved?

Per a post in the main ACE transition thread (I think that's where it is), The Institutes will no longer be granting credit to persons who are not insurance underwriters.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Course end date DB and System Design onlinelearner99 10 1,581 05-05-2021, 10:05 AM
Last Post: onlinelearner99
  Anyone take Study.com CS302 (System Analysis) lately? Merlin 12 3,335 04-17-2021, 04:16 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Computer Science 304: Network System Design HELP! LevelUP 12 1,753 02-01-2021, 06:43 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  SDC Database Management - Assignment: Database System Mitmike2019 10 2,282 01-09-2020, 08:33 PM
Last Post: Mitmike2019
  Criminal Justice 305: The Juvenile Justice System zzzz24 5 1,465 11-14-2018, 09:04 AM
Last Post: zzzz24