Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I AM FINALLY DONE: TESU BA PSYCHOLOGY and ASBA.
Hello everyone,
I am finally done. Finished all coursework end of Jan, just got a confirmation from TESU that I am cleared for graduation. Thank God, Alhamdellah. YAY!!!!! This degree took me 16 years!!! I originally started studying Psychology as a transfer student at American College of Dubai (ACD) in 2001. Time flew, things got in the way. Later I got married and had 3 kids. Then decided to finish the degree and I I transferred to Southern New Hampshire University (SNHU) online (my college was once affiliated with them so I already had some credits from there). This was financially draining, so I saved by taking classes from my old college in Dubai as this would save me at least 50% on tuition. It also went on and off. Then I hoped to save by taking CLEPS but SNHU would only accept 5 of them (15 credits). I had much more to go so I ended up not taking any at all. I was stuck. They changed their residency requirements and I could not take any classes in the "last" 24 credits (despite already having met the minimum 30 credits required for residency). I really didn't want to do another degree as I had already satisfied the concentration requirement in Child and Adolescent Developement, but I didn't have the required $12,000 to finish my degree. This is how I started looking for cheaper colleges and came across the big 3. It took me a long time to decide to settle for one and it was TESU (TESC back then). I had a lot of free credits to fulfill and so I also decided to do ASBA. In summer 2015 I tested out for the first time, by taking a TECEP in financial accounting. At that time I only needed to 8 tecep's to take advanted of the old requirements. I procrastinated and that rule changed. I felt discouraged again. Then my husband started pushing me to finally finish this degree. Thank God finances were right as well, so in summer 2016 I went into this intensive study mode and finished 35 remaining credits. And now I am officially DONE.
Here is the breakdown of my classes (I will not list classes at ACD when they were affiliated with SNHU, instead I'll put them in as ACD classes):

American College of Dubai (67 credits):

Intro To Anthropology
College Composition I
College Algebra
Intro To Psychology
Intro To Biology
College Composition II (had to repeat it as I had a D and TESU wouldn't accept it).
Developmental Psychology
Social Psychology
Contemporary Health
Intro To Sociology
Public Speaking
Worl Literature
Abnormal Psychology
General Chemistry
General Chemistry Lab
Intro To IT
Statistics
World Religions
Macroeconomics
Business Communications
Intro To Critical Reading
Intro To Business
Finite Maths

Southern New Hampshire University (18 credits):

Cognitive Psychology
Psychology of Child/Adolescent Adjust
Educational Psychology
Child and Adolescent Development
Psychology of Personality
Disorders of Child/Adolescent

Thomas Edison State University (6 credits)

Introduction to Financial Accounting
Liberal Arts Capstone

STUDY.COM (6 credits)

Intro To Managerial Accounting
Research Methods in Psychology

TEEX (2 credits)

Cyber Security for Everyone

Straighterline (9 credits)

Business Law
Principles of Management
English Composition II

Shmoop (9 credits)

US History I
US History II
Modern European History

NFA ( 2 credits)

Fire Service Supervision
Hydrualics Calculations... (was not given credit due to expiration date)
Self-Study for Community Educators

The Institutes (3 credits)

Ethics and the CPCU Code of Professional Conduct

Saylor Academy (through alternative credit project) (3 credits)

Principles of Marketing

I would like to dedicate this degree to my late father, brother and grandma. I would also like to aknowledge that without the support from my entire family this would be impossible for me. Thanks to my Mom, sister, kids and of course my husband. I would also like to thank the people on this forum for the wealth of information and for their answers (direct and indirect) in time when I needed them and didn't know where to look. I would also like to encourage those who are stuck or still in the beginning, and those who are near: YOU CAN DO IT!!!
Yahooooo! I'm so glad you were able to make your persistence pay off.

The Big3 are an absolute godsend for those of us who have lost our way in the regular higher education system.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
Congratulations!
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits
Congrats! I'm hoping to be posting mine soon!!
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
Congrats!!
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
Congrats to you!
TESC BALS -- March 2017

Done in 2016:
DSST Substance Abuse PASSED 1/2016
DSST Public Speaking PASSED 1/2016
SL American Govt. -- PASSED 2/2016
SL Business Comm. -- PASSED 3/2016
The Institutes free ethics class - accepted, thank you, God! Smile
Living in the Info Age (SOC 110) - 3/2016
TECEP Abnormal Psych - PASSED 3/2016
TESU Capstone -- DONE!!! A- (but still an A, right?) 1/2017

Put on the back burner for a rainy day:
Torah College's A Social History of Jewish Food (SOC 302)
Woohoo!!!!! So happy for you! I know what a blessing it is to have a supportive husband and family... congratulations on finishing your degree!

What are your plans for the future?
BA.SS: TESU '17
AA.LS, with Honors: CC '16
CHW Certification: CC '15
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop."― Confucius

B&M University: '92-'95
CC: '95-'16
CLEP: A&I Lit; '08
DSST: HTYH; '08
FEMA: unusable at TESU
IIA: Ethics & CPCU; '15
Kaplan: PLA course; '14,
NFA: 2 CR; '15
SOPHIA: Intro Soc; '15
Straighterline: US History II, Intro Religion, Bus. Ethics, Prin. Mgmt, Cult. Anthro, Org Behavior, American Gov't, Bus. Comm; '15
Study.com: Social Psych, Hist of Vietnam, Abnorm Psych, Research Methods in Psych, Classroom Mgmt, Ed Psych; '16
TECEP: Psych of Women, Tech Writing, Med Term, Nutrition, Eng Comp I; '16
TESU: BA.SS Capstone course; '16

Ended with a total of 170 undergrad credits (plus lots of CEUs). My "I'm finally done" thread
:hurray:CONGRATULATIONS!!!:hurray:
"I dwell in Possibility."  Emily Dickinson
2011-12  CLEP
 Int Psych - 75 / H G & D - 69 / Ed Psych - 72 / Am Lit - 80  / A & I Lit - 75 / Eng Lit - 73 2012-13  SL  Eng Comp I - 95.3% P /
Eng Comp II - 97.5% P 2014  EC/UEXCEL  Ab Psych - A / Soc Psych - A / Psych A & A - A  / Gerontology - A / Info Lit - P 2015 BYU Sport Psych - A / DSST Sub Abuse - 470 / Int World Rel - 481 / H T Y H - 465 / Tor College HIS 301 - 81% P 2016 EC LA498 Capstone - A
1991 AA Liberal Arts USNY Regents College
2016 BSLA Magna Cum Laude Excelsior College  - A 5 year journey COMPLETED!

2017-2019 Study.com Certs. - Am Lit/Brit Lit/Shakespeare/Poetry Review Shmoop - Shakespeare's Plays/Shakespeare in Context/Women's Lit
Congrats!! Your story is awesome as well! :hurray:
BSBA Accounting at TESU - 121/121
Graduated June 2018!
Awesome story and awesome job finishing! Congrats

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help with Coopersmith's (PSY-304) History and Systems of Psychology Ben2020 14 2,560 04-11-2024, 06:07 PM
Last Post: Msecool123
  TESU---Easy Courses and TECEPS midnite123 5 576 01-04-2024, 08:22 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU-----Transcripts??? midnite123 6 424 12-21-2023, 05:19 AM
Last Post: midnite123
  TESU---AA ??? midnite123 15 1,093 11-16-2023, 09:17 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Sophia.org and TESU midnite123 5 1,080 02-20-2023, 04:52 PM
Last Post: jsh1138
Wink Finally graduated with a BS degree! nomaduser 7 1,068 01-01-2023, 04:36 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  Completed BA at TESU, any free ways to earn another degree? Lightorb333 13 1,972 12-30-2022, 05:24 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Questions midnite123 18 1,304 12-12-2022, 02:52 AM
Last Post: midnite123
  Its finally finished! withrown 18 2,536 08-15-2022, 12:14 PM
Last Post: withrown
  Psychology Careers - 9 Options bjcheung77 1 609 04-15-2022, 01:39 PM
Last Post: Alpha