Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Get to Move to the Dissertation Phase
Don't congratulate me yet because many people never complete their dissertation, but I have completed almost all of the other requirements for my PhD program. I've passed all of the required courses, passed the comprehensive exams, and only have one more elective to take. Starting next semester, everything else will be dissertation hours.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
That's still an amazing accomplishment; you should be proud! As much as I'd love to finish a PhD, finishing the current degree & then a masters seems like it will take the rest of the life out of me. I honestly don't know how you do it - but I'm in awe!
MBA, Walden University (In progress - 60% done)
2016 TESU, BA-LIBST, Emphases in Multimedia Comm./Human & Social Services
TESU TECEPS: Abnormal Psych PSY-350, Psych of Women PSY-270, Sales Mgmnt MAR-322, Advertising MAR-323, Marketing COM-210; Capstone w/ Ciacco
Other Sources: CLEP, Art Portfolio, 3 Comm. Colleges, 2 Art Colleges,  FEMA, AICPCU Ethics
Fantastic! Do you know what your dissertation will be discussing?
AAS in Environmental Safety & Security Technologies from TESC - Completed 2014
and BA Emergency & Disaster Mgmt at American Military University with a minor in Security Management - Completed

Completed:
FEMA: 20 credit hours, B&M: 33 credit hours, AARTS: 14 credit hours, certifications
ALEKS: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra
CLEP: Analyzing & Interpret. Literature CLEP - 66, English Composition Modular CLEP - 58, American Government CLEP - 58, Social Sciences & History CLEP - 63
DSST: Intro to Computing DSST - 452
Straighterline: Business Ethics (88%), Criminal Justice (94%), World Religions (93%), Cultural Anthropology (92%), Intro to Sociology (94%)
TECEP: CIS 107, ENGL 102, PSY 270, BIO 208
Congrats! Now if anyone could do this it would be you! Good Luck!
"I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion."~ Henry David

BA Humanities - TESC
AAS Construction and Facilities Support - TESC
AA Interior Design - MCC
AA LS - MCC
Certificate Interior Design - MCC
Certificate Management - MCC
SweetSecret Wrote:That's still an amazing accomplishment; you should be proud! As much as I'd love to finish a PhD, finishing the current degree & then a masters seems like it will take the rest of the life out of me. I honestly don't know how you do it - but I'm in awe!

I was fortunate enough to have decent-paying part-time jobs while completing the coursework.

defscarlett Wrote:Fantastic! Do you know what your dissertation will be discussing?

I don't know yet.

alleycat Wrote:Congrats! Now if anyone could do this it would be you! Good Luck!

Thanks.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
It's awesome. I'm sure that you'll complete it.
Pursuing TESC BSBA CIS: ~100/120

CCAF Air & Space Operations Technology: April 2014

CLEP: Humanities, A&I Lit, SocSci & History, Intro Sociology, English Comp, Freshman College Comp, Principles of Management, History of the US I/II, Intro to Computing

DSST: InfoSys & Comp Apps, Intro to the Modern Middle East, Management Information Systems, Fundamentals of Cybersecurity, Human Resource Management, Principles of Supervision, Western Europe since 1945

AMU: Public Speaking, History of Explosive Ordnance Disposal, College Algebra

ALS (CCAF): Leadership/Management I, Managerial Communication I, Military Studies I

Sophia: Microeconomics

Straighterline: Accounting I/II

TECEP: English Comp I/II, Computer Concepts & Applications, Applied Liberal Arts Mathematics, Strategic Management (March 2017 Semester)

TESU OL: Python Programming (March 2017 Semester), Systems Analysis & Design I (March 2017 Semester)
Wonderful news! I second those who say if anyone can do it, you can. It's amazing how much you've been able to achieve educationally, and STILL have time to contribute so much to this forum.
TESU BSBA - GM, September 2015

"Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway." -- Earl Nightingale, radio personality and motivational speaker

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What career move would you make? FAANG Contract or steady work mohelena02 21 2,067 02-08-2024, 07:02 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Making The Right Move Is Key Kal Di 2 506 06-22-2022, 02:41 PM
Last Post: Kal Di
  Move some threads to another area dfrecore 8 929 04-26-2022, 07:54 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  West Virginia Will Pay You to Move There sanantone 23 1,951 07-13-2021, 04:26 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  Is dissertation help legit? OliviaShunc 6 1,092 02-18-2021, 06:43 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  Cambridge First UK Uni to Move to Online-Only for 2020-21 PrettyFlyforaChiGuy 5 992 05-21-2020, 03:23 AM
Last Post: PrettyFlyforaChiGuy
  Wichita Promise Move sanantone 0 897 01-23-2019, 08:30 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  What age did you move out? natshar 13 2,499 10-01-2018, 02:44 PM
Last Post: quigongene
  Criminal Justice Dissertation Ideas sanantone 37 3,913 05-08-2016, 10:04 AM
Last Post: defscarlett
  Dumbed down version of your PHD dissertation defscarlett 0 649 09-18-2015, 11:48 AM
Last Post: defscarlett