Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I don't understand Aleks Assessments
I've done poorly on a few assessments, and requested another. I'm like 99% sure I did well on it, but it's still only saying I'm at 3%. Do I have to keep taking assessments over and over to get to 70%? Why is the last assessment I took only giving me around 10 questions when the first one was 30? Thanks in advance!
Completed since 10/30/15:
Saylor: Principles of Marketing | Principles of Management
Free: Kaplan PLA | Cybersecurity for Everyone | Cybersecurity for Business | CPCU Ethics
ALEKS: Intermediate Algebra | College Algebra | Pre-Calculus | Intro to Stats |
Straighterline: Cultural Anthropology | Intro to Religion | Accounting I | Microeconomics
Next up: TECEP Psychology of Women
The first assessment is an overall assessment of the full subject, the later ones focus on one to three of the subsections, and only increase the total by a few percent. It threw me for a loop when I first used it, but I finally figured out that you can swap to a different subject (like from Int Alg to Statistics), then back again and take a new Initial Assessment, which is the easiest way to progress
Pursuing TESC BSBA CIS: ~100/120

CCAF Air & Space Operations Technology: April 2014

CLEP: Humanities, A&I Lit, SocSci & History, Intro Sociology, English Comp, Freshman College Comp, Principles of Management, History of the US I/II, Intro to Computing

DSST: InfoSys & Comp Apps, Intro to the Modern Middle East, Management Information Systems, Fundamentals of Cybersecurity, Human Resource Management, Principles of Supervision, Western Europe since 1945

AMU: Public Speaking, History of Explosive Ordnance Disposal, College Algebra

ALS (CCAF): Leadership/Management I, Managerial Communication I, Military Studies I

Sophia: Microeconomics

Straighterline: Accounting I/II

TECEP: English Comp I/II, Computer Concepts & Applications, Applied Liberal Arts Mathematics, Strategic Management (March 2017 Semester)

TESU OL: Python Programming (March 2017 Semester), Systems Analysis & Design I (March 2017 Semester)
Thank you! That makes so much sense.

Is this right: So I can either pass doing an Initial Assessment, or by doing a bunch of other assessments? And if it's going up incrementally, does that mean I don't have to take one BIG test with everything on it at once?
Free: Kaplan PLA | Cybersecurity for Everyone | Cybersecurity for Business | CPCU Ethics
Straighterline: Cultural Anthropology | Intro to Religion | Accounting I | Microeconomics
The only way to pass it to pass the initial assessment. Once you score a 70% on that you are done. Doing the pie chart is only there to help your learning not to help you hit 70% after failing the assessment. The good thing is you can take the assessment as many times as you want.
MA in progress
Certificate in the Study of Capitalism - University of Arkansas
BS, Business  Administration - Ashworth College
Certificates in Accounting & Finance 
BA, Regents Bachelor of Arts - West Virginia University
AAS & AGS
The way to pass is on AN assessment, not only the initial assessment. I think you are doing quizzes rather than assessments, the assessments are all about 30 questions.

You can go into the master account and force an assessment if you want, or you can progress through the course by working on your pie, and after you get a certain percentage done, it will give you a new assessment. I think it's somewhere around 12%. So for each 12%-ish part you complete, you will get an assessment. If you pass an assessment with a 70%, you are done with the course.

The main thing to remember is that when looking at your history (with a blue/yellow/green bar) is that you need 70% BLUE. So when you do your assessment, you will get a score. Then, as you work through and master topics, you will get green added to the blue. For instance if you assess at 50% (BLUE), and then you learn an additional 20% of topics (GREEN), even though you will have 70% of the course mastered, only the BLUE counts.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • Muldoon
hightecrebel Wrote:The first assessment is an overall assessment of the full subject, the later ones focus on one to three of the subsections, and only increase the total by a few percent. It threw me for a loop when I first used it, but I finally figured out that you can swap to a different subject (like from Int Alg to Statistics), then back again and take a new Initial Assessment, which is the easiest way to progress

Nice Wink I like that.
I figured it out (thanks to y'all, of course) AND I GOT 77 IN THE BLUE!! (now time for two other math classes.. yikes)
smrt Wrote:I figured it out (thanks to y'all, of course) AND I GOT 77 IN THE BLUE!! (now time for two other math classes.. yikes)

Awesome, well done
Pursuing TESC BSBA CIS: ~100/120

CCAF Air & Space Operations Technology: April 2014

CLEP: Humanities, A&I Lit, SocSci & History, Intro Sociology, English Comp, Freshman College Comp, Principles of Management, History of the US I/II, Intro to Computing

DSST: InfoSys & Comp Apps, Intro to the Modern Middle East, Management Information Systems, Fundamentals of Cybersecurity, Human Resource Management, Principles of Supervision, Western Europe since 1945

AMU: Public Speaking, History of Explosive Ordnance Disposal, College Algebra

ALS (CCAF): Leadership/Management I, Managerial Communication I, Military Studies I

Sophia: Microeconomics

Straighterline: Accounting I/II

TECEP: English Comp I/II, Computer Concepts & Applications, Applied Liberal Arts Mathematics, Strategic Management (March 2017 Semester)

TESU OL: Python Programming (March 2017 Semester), Systems Analysis & Design I (March 2017 Semester)
Trying to understand how to go about ALEKS :confused: Its not working at all for me....
nurselu Wrote:Trying to understand how to go about ALEKS :confused: Its not working at all for me....

Where are you having trouble? It's a really convoluted system, but we can help you out Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I Don’t Understand Anything, Thanks to Pandemic Schooling, College Students Fail Math LevelUP 1 971 04-11-2022, 04:48 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Aleks Math for Liberal Arts Degree ragkrish 5 1,406 02-08-2020, 01:49 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  ALEKS Course; ACE Knowledge Check Inquiry abs_co 7 2,691 11-27-2019, 11:06 AM
Last Post: dharmastudios
  ALEKS and CSMlearn Kjblue 3 1,396 10-29-2019, 02:58 PM
Last Post: shadowgem
  Anyone frustrated with ALEKS? MeOldChina 8 2,512 05-17-2019, 07:05 PM
Last Post: Merlin
  How to register for ALEKS akr680 2 1,152 04-28-2019, 10:39 AM
Last Post: akr680
  Aleks courses Supermind 14 3,619 04-01-2019, 02:05 AM