Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I have a few questions about how to approach the TESU residency requirements
Can you post a copy of the catalog? I'm in the same catalog but dont have a copy. I couldn't find that year on the website anymore.
Thanks for the input, all. With this info and after some more reading and thinking, I believe my options may have changed a bit.

When I was younger and meaner you bet I would have fought this tooth and nail, all the way to the USSC dammit! But, I am old and my mind and body are tired. Ok, not really, I have plenty of time left in my third decade (lord willing) but I've mellowed some.

So, with that said, here are my renewed (including hypothetical options)

Option 1: Complete as much of my degree as I possibly can between this time next year and summer of 2018. I'll only need to take one additional TECEP to keep my enrollment going through summer 2018, then use my tax refund to pay the residency waiver. Sucks, but not quite as bad as straight up paying out of pocket for nothing. TESU cost: $120 for TECEP, $1800-$2500 depending on where the weather vane is pointing at the time regarding the study.com discount.

Option 2: (hypothetical) Apply for scholarships this June and see what, if anything, I can get. Depending on how much, if anything that I get... this may make it financially more appealing to take three or four courses, even if I have to pay close to the residency waiver for my portion. This would also give me a GPA. TESU Cost: No idea.

Option 3: (hypothetical) Fight this tooth and nail, see if they will accept 24 credits via TECEP. TESU Cost: $600 in additional TECEPs. Time and frustration cost? Who knows.

I am somewhat curious if there is anyone else here in a similar situation that has fought the mid enrollment change with any success. If they have waived it for one, they should waive it for all.
JamesIE Wrote:Can you post a copy of the catalog? I'm in the same catalog but dont have a copy. I couldn't find that year on the website anymore.

I can't post the entire catalog (too big) but I took a screen shot of the relevant page.

Attached Files
.jpg   Less than 1 minute ago">2014 Catalog - Screen Shot.jpg (Size: 13.19 KB / Downloads: 5)
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Undergraduate Catalogs (2014-Present)

http://www.tesu.edu/academics/catalog/combined.cfm

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BA, Social Sciences. 2010. Arnold Fletcher Award.
AAS, Environmental, Safety & Security Technologies. 2011
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!
aviator guy Wrote:Option 3: (hypothetical) Fight this tooth and nail, see if they will accept 24 credits via TECEP. TESU Cost: $600 in additional TECEPs. Time and frustration cost? Who knows.

I am somewhat curious if there is anyone else here in a similar situation that has fought the mid enrollment change with any success. If they have waived it for one, they should waive it for all.

Personally, I would pursue option 3. It's all done through email so it's relatively painless. Just email the registrar and cc the bursar. Attach the screen shot of the page referenced by dfrecore. If the response is anything other than following published school procedure/guidelines, then submit your case to the Administrative Appeals Committee (AdminAppeals@tesu.edu or fax at (609) 777-2957). Simply forward the email from the registrar with a quick summary asking the Admin Appeals Comm to look into the matter on your behalf. Cut and paste the text you sent to the registrar just below your request, attach the page again, and send.

If the committee does not reach the desired decision, simply repeat the process by forwarding the Committee email to Dr Pruitt's office.

I've linked the catalogs download pages just in case you want to capture the page yourself.

It is hard to find others who have had exactly the same experience. I've come to the conclusion long ago the main reason TESU's published policies are so painfully vague is so there is always room for the exception, and in other cases, a student being denied a concession made to someone else. I think in certain circles it's called plausible deniability.

-------------------------------------------------
Administrative (Non-Academic) Appeals and Waivers
Students may appeal a decision from any office in the University regarding an administrative action, policy or procedure. Such an appeal must be submitted in writing to the Administrative Appeals Committee via mail (Thomas Edison State University - Administrative Appeals Committee, 111 W. State St., Trenton, NJ 08608), email at AdminAppeals@tesu.edu or fax at (609) 777-2957.[INDENT]Supporting documentation not submitted with the appeal may otherwise be required by the Committee. The Administrative Appeals Committee considers administrative matters involving financial relief, waivers, exceptions to policies, and other special considerations of departmental decisions across all divisions of the University.[/INDENT]
Academic Appeals and Waivers

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BA, Social Sciences. 2010. Arnold Fletcher Award.
AAS, Environmental, Safety & Security Technologies. 2011
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!
Thanks Bricabrac, I'm going to give it a shot.

It's not like I have anything to lose.
Ok, minor update.

I won't post the exact outcome here... but let's just say I am very happy right now Wink

Anyone in a similar situation that wants to know more is free to IM me.
Bricabrac and dfrecore, you are mighty fine peeps Big Grin
College (146): RA (134), NA (12)
ACE-recommended (105): Sophia (53), Study (28), Google (12), TEEX (10), Institutes (2)
ECTS (69): ENEB (65), LUT (2), XAMK (2)
IN PROGRESS:

Certificate- Google Data Analytics
Bachelor- Cybersecurity Technology (105/120) /
 Organizational Leadership (99/120)
Certification- CompTIA A+
DONE:
Certificate- Google IT Support

Associates- Business Administration /  BoG (History)
Undergrad certificate- Computer Networking
MBA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 4,036 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,700 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,200 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,709 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,762 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,382 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,635 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,356 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,419 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,892 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore