Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I have no idea what I'm doing with all of these credits but no four year degree.
KayV Wrote:Now I remember! There is a current thread about Coopersmith's Info Literacy being easy, cheap, and accepted recently at Excelsior. Smile

Also, your Associate Capstone combined with your previous course grades from all other sources will establish your GPA at Excelsior. This is different from TESC.

Thanks Ms. Kay. That Info Lit thread is good news! In my post #38, what did you mean by "3 more humanities?" 3 more separate courses/cleps/dantes? Or simply 3 more credits? Once I do World Religions next week, what'll be left? Smile

Thank you!
You will need the Information Literacy class from Coopersmith, and then one more Humanities class or exam. If you haven't already completed English Composition II I would suggest trying that, because you will need it if you go on to get a bachelor's degree. You will need to take it from Straighterline, Coopersmith, Penn Foster, or a local college since Excelsior doesn't take test-out options.

English and Literature | Coopersmith Career Consulting

If you have already taken Comp II, you can take any Humanities option from classes or testing. Analyzing and Interpreting Lit has a reputation for being extremely manageable, but you could take any Humanities option.
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits
KayV Wrote:You will need the Information Literacy class from Coopersmith, and then one more Humanities class or exam. If you haven't already completed English Composition II I would suggest trying that, because you will need it if you go on to get a bachelor's degree. You will need to take it from Straighterline, Coopersmith, Penn Foster, or a local college since Excelsior doesn't take test-out options.

English and Literature | Coopersmith Career Consulting

If you have already taken Comp II, you can take any Humanities option from classes or testing. Analyzing and Interpreting Lit has a reputation for being extremely manageable, but you could take any Humanities option.

I did some digging and found that my English Comp was "satisfied" from prior schooling. However, this was back in 1991 :o. Do they expire?
No, once Excelsior has accepted it, they won't take it back. You are good to go. Smile
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits
I'm signing up for and beginning Aleks pre-algebra or beginning algebra. On the Aleks site it asks for on a drop down menu "higher education math" or "continuing education math." Which do I choose? Thanks again.

Also. Been out of algebra for many years like a lot of folks on this site. Should I choose pre-algebra or beginning? I seemed to have been nailing the "beginners algebra" just fine on the free trial.
I signed up through Higher Education. Whatever you choose to take, make sure it says "ACE" next to it (in light blue).

If you're doing fine with Beginning Algebra, I would just start there. If you have time left before your month is up, you might want to continue on with Intermediate Algebra and even College Algebra. I found that the difference between Beginning and Intermediate was not that much. The difference between Int & College was greater, but still doable in a short period of time.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
dfrecore Wrote:I signed up through Higher Education. Whatever you choose to take, make sure it says "ACE" next to it (in light blue).

If you're doing fine with Beginning Algebra, I would just start there. If you have time left before your month is up, you might want to continue on with Intermediate Algebra and even College Algebra. I found that the difference between Beginning and Intermediate was not that much. The difference between Int & College was greater, but still doable in a short period of time.

Thanks for the info! Luckily i'm just a Lib Studies major so I will just stop at that. Just one math class needed. Smile
You only need Intermediate Math if you're a Liberal Arts or non-STEM major? I'm set to take the class in the summer at the CC. MATH 3: Intermediate Algebra.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do i Do if an application asks for GPA with a degree from the Big 3? Crt 5 3,240 09-19-2018, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Johmford
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,883 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Help with figuring out TESU History Degree plan AJay5595 10 3,370 09-06-2018, 10:56 AM
Last Post: BAngieB
  TESU transcript audit says 13 required credits through TESU? Rteurowise 8 2,118 09-05-2018, 01:43 PM
  Associates degree in Business - Options? allen3373 9 2,695 09-04-2018, 02:57 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  TESU "Overflow" Credits mysonx3 5 2,288 08-31-2018, 01:24 AM
Last Post: Merlin
  My Technical Studies Degree Plan SRES 17 4,906 08-31-2018, 12:23 AM
  BSBA in Finance Degree Plan from TESU UnbreakablyDetermined 2 2,794 08-30-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Luiscastaneda25
  Charter Oak (COSC) maximum credits from one source nosey561 1 1,699 08-30-2018, 10:39 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Has anyone been overlooked for a degree Crt 21 5,055 08-29-2018, 12:06 PM
Last Post: jsd