Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I'm Going to Prom!!!!! Ideas needed
Ok so I just got invited to senior prom last sunday! I'm sooo excited! I bought my dress last week! But my date and I are just going for the dinner, we're not allowed to stay for the dancing. I need some ideas for something for us to do afterwards. So far I've thought of bowling, lazer tag, or going to a fair. Whatever we decide we will be chaperoned. Clubbing is out of the question. I just can't think of anything else we could do that late at night. Any ideas?:confused:
[SIZE=2]CLEPs: A&I Lit - 62, [/SIZE]College Algebra - 54, [SIZE=2]College Comp - 55, [/SIZE]Intro Sociology -59, [SIZE=2]College Math -67, [/SIZE]Intro Psychology -66, Western Civ I-56, Social Sciences and History - 60, Human Growth and Development -60, Introduction to Educational Psychology - 65, Natural Sciences - 54
DSST:Technical Writing -60, Introduction to Computing - 60, Intro to World Religions - 435
[SIZE=2]Courses: Comparative Worldviews -3 credits, Social Justice -3 credits, Leadership Theory and Practice - 3 credits, Leadership Management and Communications - 3 credits
Total Credit - 69

"Apply thine heart unto instruction, and thine ears to the words of knowledge." Proverbs 23:12

"Take fast hold of instruction; let her not go: keep her; for she is thy life." Proverbs 4:13

"For wisdom is better than
rubies; and all the things that may be desired are not to be compared to it." Proverbs 8:11
[/SIZE]
Going to a fair? Where the heck do you live? We've still got snow on the ground and won't have any fairs until August! Anyhoo, fair has my vote.
I live in the suburbs of Chicago and actually we've been wearing shorts for the past few weeks here. We haven't had any snow since January. The average temp has been in the upper 70s. Anyway, the fair idea was just a thought. Although we do have fairs now, there aren't any within reasonable driving distance on prom day. Oh well, I guess I'll keep thinking. LOL!
[SIZE=2]CLEPs: A&I Lit - 62, [/SIZE]College Algebra - 54, [SIZE=2]College Comp - 55, [/SIZE]Intro Sociology -59, [SIZE=2]College Math -67, [/SIZE]Intro Psychology -66, Western Civ I-56, Social Sciences and History - 60, Human Growth and Development -60, Introduction to Educational Psychology - 65, Natural Sciences - 54
DSST:Technical Writing -60, Introduction to Computing - 60, Intro to World Religions - 435
[SIZE=2]Courses: Comparative Worldviews -3 credits, Social Justice -3 credits, Leadership Theory and Practice - 3 credits, Leadership Management and Communications - 3 credits
Total Credit - 69

"Apply thine heart unto instruction, and thine ears to the words of knowledge." Proverbs 23:12

"Take fast hold of instruction; let her not go: keep her; for she is thy life." Proverbs 4:13

rubies; and all the things that may be desired are not to be compared to it." Proverbs 8:11
[/SIZE]
Why can't you stay for the dance? That is a big part of it.
BSBA CIS from TESC, BA Natural Science/Math from TESC
MBA Applied Computer Science from NCU
Enrolled at NCU in the PhD Applied Computer Science
Cubs or White Sox game?
That's a great idea bldclot2 but he's really not into baseball.
Total Credit - 69

[/SIZE]
ryoder Wrote:Why can't you stay for the dance? That is a big part of it.

Because our parents don't like the atmosphere or the kind of dancing that will take place.
Total Credit - 69

[/SIZE]
Does the school have an after-prom event? Back in the early 90's, all of the high schools in my area held HUGE after-proms designed to keep kids away from stereotypical post-dance activities. Mine was VERY chaperoned, well-light, but totally fun. My school went all out and had bouncy castles, carnival games etc... all parents were invited to attend.

Granted, it was AFTER the dance was over, but it was the coolest party I have ever been to. If you have an after-prom, you could go do something fun until the dance was over and then go to the party. I like laser tag personally, but check your local rec centers. The one in my neighborhood has cool weekend activities for teens such as rock climbing or swimming.
Regis University, ITESO, Global MBA with a focus in Emerging Markets 4.0 GPA, Dual-university degree (Spanish/English) 
COSC BS, Business Admin

My BS Credits:
Spanish 80 | Humanities 67 | A & I Lit 72 | Sub Abuse 452 | Bus Ethics 445 | Tech Writ 62 | Math 53 | HTYH 454 | Am. Govt 65 | Env & Humanity 64 | Marketing 65 | Micro 61| Mgmt 63| Org Behavior 65| MIS 446|Computing 432 | BL II 61 | M&B 50 | Finance 411 | Supervision 437| Intro Bus. 439| Law Enforcement 63|  SL: Accounting I B | Accounting II C+| Macro A | ECE: Labor Relations A | Capstone: A| FEMA PDS Cert 
Are you and your date going in a group of similarly minded friends? If so, my vote is that you all enjoy the dinner then go out for ice cream somewhere fun that you can wear your dress (not laser tag lol). Then pick one family to host a game night and everyone go there. My son's teen friends LOVE Apples to Apples-really everyone loves that game!! I'm sure there are other good ones, but having a game night where you kick out the little kids is lots of fun! By that time it will be close to IL curfew and you can call it a night. Also, if you leave the dance early, you might miss pictures, so be sure to find out where and when those happen so you can do that.
Thanks all!!! I am homeschooled so I won't know anybody but him at prom. Therefore there really is no "group" it's just me and him, thus the chaperones. Oh and pictures happen right when we walk in so there's no problem there. I was talking to him today and he thought maybe we could go see the Hunger Games. I hear it's really good any imput?
Total Credit - 69

[/SIZE]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Possible Career Change - Advice Needed acamp 18 1,216 06-11-2023, 06:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Advice needed, making time for uni work. Personherebb9 14 1,104 06-11-2023, 03:11 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Any Canadians Around? Koodo or Public Mobile Referral Needed bjcheung77 3 1,376 05-28-2020, 10:28 AM
Last Post: LongRoad
  Straighterline spammer / policy change needed dmjacobsen 10 2,068 10-30-2016, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Prloko
  Hiring 450 teachers, no education degree needed Mamasaphire 9 2,580 06-21-2016, 07:17 PM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  Criminal Justice Dissertation Ideas sanantone 37 3,913 05-08-2016, 10:04 AM
Last Post: defscarlett
  Thoughts, Suggestions, Ideas? LaterBloomer 4 1,335 06-03-2015, 10:23 AM
Last Post: alleycat
  Exercise Ideas - Coordination mrs.b 12 1,834 10-11-2014, 11:21 PM
Last Post: mrs.b
  Interview ideas.... rebel100 32 3,665 08-01-2014, 04:57 PM
Last Post: SDO
  Work-from-home Ideas mrs.b 34 4,210 04-27-2014, 05:32 PM
Last Post: NAP