Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I need help with a degree plan the cheapest way possible for any BA
I recently ran across this forum. All the information is confusing but I am getting a better understanding of it. I heard the Charter Oak State College is the cheapest to transfer credits too. But the website mentions that a credit is $500 out of state. Then the CLEP test would be taken in person. I live in South Florida, no where new the top 3 schools that allow this credit transfer situation. My goal is to obtain any BA. I plan to teach english over seas but I must have a BA to legally do it. The BA can be in anything to get a work visa. I need someone advice desperately. Please help.
Do you have any prior college credits? Where from and what are they? If you have any list what they are and then someone can help you from there as far as what school and major would be fastest.

If not, thats ok too but you would be starting from nothing. If that's the case, probably the fastest possible from nothing to degree conferral would be around a year. It would be hard work but it's doable if you actually commit.

CLEP's must be taken in person, but at a CLEP testing center which includes a lot of colleges, universities and military bases. There could be some within a short drive of where you live. Then you electronically send the scores to the college of your choice.
So the tuition of $500/credit is only needed for the cornerstone and capstone at COSC. All 3 of the big 3 will require 1 or 2 classes taken with them at that high rate but if you transfer in the other 114+ credits as cheap as possible, it will be inexpensive overall.

You can take CLEPs at any testing center and have the scores sent to COSC or any other colleges.

Yes there are a lot of different ways to approach this, each with it's pros and cons. As mentioned, list any credits you may have already completed, even AP tests or certifications from work.

The cheapest is generally COSC but TESU is pretty close as well. Another one worth mentioning is WGU. It can potentially be the cheapest of all if you are able to complete all your remaining coursework in 6 months(helps if you have a bunch of stuff to transfer in already).

Also, do you currently have a job that will pay for some form of college, training or certs? Are you in a union? Would you qualify for any financial aid or scholarships?
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
(01-28-2019, 09:41 PM)Grant Wrote: I recently ran across this forum. All the information is confusing but I am getting a better understanding of it. I heard the Charter Oak State College is the cheapest to transfer credits too. But the website mentions that a credit is $500 out of state. Then the CLEP test would be taken in person. I live in South Florida, no where new the top 3 schools that allow this credit transfer situation. My goal is to obtain any BA. I plan to teach english over seas but I must have a BA to legally do it. The BA can be in anything to get a work visa. I need someone advice desperately. Please help.

I need a 4 year degree also, it doesn't matter which one. I am using Thomas Edison State and worked with an advisor to figure out which path would allow me to use a lot of CLEP, DSST or TECEP exams (fastest and cheapest method). I had some old random credits to transfer in and ultimately we decided on a BA in Liberal Studies. I can take CLEP and DSST at the local community college and they send the scores to TE for credit, total cost for each exam is around $100 with testing center fees and most are 3 credit exams. I've taken about 10 exams and have passed all of them so far with this site and some additional study guides. Check to see if you have a testing center nearby for CLEP (many will also administer DSST): https://clep.collegeboard.org/test-center-search

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  University of Wisconsin - Flexible Program (BSBA Degree) KanekiGirl99 2 391 03-16-2024, 02:45 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  PUG has removed some master's degree programs from ExcelTrack RbxFunRocks 28 1,297 03-09-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: PositiveBelgae
  Name Brand, RA, State School Degree - Penn State World PreLawCoastie 7 1,222 03-02-2024, 07:56 PM
Last Post: PreLawCoastie
  TESU BA psychology - need help with degree plan amleigh 17 935 12-16-2023, 09:25 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Texas A&M University-Commerce competency based degree goldendoodle101 61 15,501 12-14-2023, 05:06 PM
  Accelerate Newlane degree with unaccredited degree? Pinko64 5 684 10-31-2023, 11:53 AM
Last Post: Pinko64
Big Grin Degree Plan for SNHU BSCS AND/OR TESU BACS Request suzycupcake 10 1,323 06-24-2023, 01:50 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Is it possible to get a bachelor's degree in anything with mostly Sophia, etc? whiverem 19 2,419 06-20-2023, 01:16 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Anyone have a backup plan for me? learningthehardway 16 1,513 06-19-2023, 07:14 AM
Last Post: learningthehardway
  New Liberty University Online Degree plan LevelUP 3 1,221 06-15-2023, 05:47 PM