Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I need some help with the official transcript
Over the past week, I have been working with Excelsior University with some confusion regarding my degree. Here's what's been going on: 
On February 20, I requested a letter of completion from Excelsior University, and the next day I received an email with the letter attached. However, the letter showed that I completed a Bachelor of Science degree in Liberal Arts, when I actually have a degree in Psychology. I quickly let them know about the mistake, and they updated the letter to show that I'd earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Psychology instead. 

[Image: liberal-arts.png]
[Image: psy.png]

After that, I requested an official transcript to be sent to TESU, and it was evaulated on February 23. But when TESU evaluated it, they said that it showed that I earned a Baccalaureate degree in Liberal Arts on February 17, 2023, which is not correct. So I decided to order an official transcript for myself. The transcript does show that my program was in Psychology, but at the bottom of the page, it said "Degree Awarded Bachelor of Science Liberal Arts 02/17/2023."

[Image: trans.png]
I reached out to Excelsior University once again to get some clarity, but they seemed a bit confused too. They suggested that the bottom of the transcript might be indicating the school where the degree was conferred, but I did some research and found that on past Excelsior transcripts, for example this transcript from 2008, the degree awarded in general business was simply listed as something like "General Business" without specifying the college where the degree was conferred.
[Image: 2-a72dce3e59.webp]
If anyone could help me understand this discrepancy a bit better, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!
In Progress
Georgia Tech OMSCS Cool
Completed
TESU BA Computer Science & ASNSM Mathematics
Conferred: 09/2023
Excelsior University BS Psychology 
Conferred: 02/2023

They probably hadn't updated the transcript system at the same time as the letter.  There was probably a delay (a few days most likely). It shouldn't make a difference for what you're doing at TESU, and if you send another (corrected) version of the EU transcript now it could just confuse TESU and they may think that you have two degrees from EU (potentially causing problem getting a 2nd degree from TESU). However, I would again contact EU and point out what you're seeing on the transcript, one area was likely not corrected in their system.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 1 user Likes allvia's post:
  • frankc
(02-24-2023, 06:17 PM)allvia Wrote: They probably hadn't updated the transcript system at the same time as the letter.  There was probably a delay (a few days most likely). It shouldn't make a difference for what you're doing at TESU, and if you send another (corrected) version of the EU transcript now it could just confuse TESU and they may think that you have two degrees from EU (potentially causing problem getting a 2nd degree from TESU). However, I would again contact EU and point out what you're seeing on the transcript, one area was likely not corrected in their system.

Thank you! You're right, this is probably how it happened. 
It surprised me when TESU informed me that my first degree was in Liberal Arts. 
I think I may have been overthinking things a bit. I need to stop overstressing myself now lol.
In Progress
Georgia Tech OMSCS Cool
Completed

[-] The following 1 user Likes frankc's post:
  • allvia
If you go to Excelsior's website and look at their degrees, it lists the BS in Psychology under the Liberal Arts banner. If you download the catalog, the BS in Psych has a "LA" in the upper left section, which is "Liberal Arts." So my guess is, your degree is a BSLA with a concentration in Psychology or something along those lines. They are not a clear as TESU about the "school" that you're getting your degree from, so it's harder to figure out, but I think the transcript is correct and won't be changed.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • frankc
(02-25-2023, 02:05 PM)dfrecore Wrote: If you go to Excelsior's website and look at their degrees, it lists the BS in Psychology under the Liberal Arts banner.  If you download the catalog, the BS in Psych has a "LA" in the upper left section, which is "Liberal Arts."  So my guess is, your degree is a BSLA with a concentration in Psychology or something along those lines.  They are not a clear as TESU about the "school" that you're getting your degree from, so it's harder to figure out, but I think the transcript is correct and won't be changed.

Based on what I've been told all along, my degree is a Bachelor of Science in Psychology, not a BSLA with a concentration in Psychology. The banners represent the six schools of the university, just like TESU has various schools. It's confusing because they have a Liberal arts school and a BS in Liberal arts degree.
In Progress
Georgia Tech OMSCS Cool
Completed

I wouldn't worry about the info that's sent to TESU as the courses remain the same, I would clear up the confusion with Excelsior though, as you want to make sure you have the degree you're looking at both on the parchment and the transcripts. The upper right corner shows you have the BS Psych, I would still email them to make sure the last sentence is exactly what you determine it to be, a BS Psych and not a BS Liberal Arts (with a concentration).
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • frankc
(02-25-2023, 02:45 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: I wouldn't worry about the info that's sent to TESU as the courses remain the same, I would clear up the confusion with Excelsior though, as you want to make sure you have the degree you're looking at both on the parchment and the transcripts.  The upper right corner shows you have the BS Psych, I would still email them to make sure the last sentence is exactly what you determine it to be, a BS Psych and not a BS Liberal Arts (with a concentration).

Thank you. I had a conversation with the registrar, and she verified that the spreadsheet sent to the diploma vendor was accurate and my diploma should be printed correctly, which is BS in psychology. She mentioned that they'll need some time to look into things and get back to me, probably on Monday. She mentioned that they think "Liberal Arts" might be the name of the school, but they're not completely certain yet.
In Progress
Georgia Tech OMSCS Cool
Completed

[Image: Screenshot-2023-03-03-at-9-56-35-AM.png]

I received my diploma today, which confirms that I graduated with BS in Psychology
I'm still waiting to hear back from the registrar about my transcript.
In Progress
Georgia Tech OMSCS Cool
Completed

[-] The following 3 users Like frankc's post:
  • allvia, rachel83az, TheVilified
(03-03-2023, 01:05 PM)frankc Wrote: [Image: Screenshot-2023-03-03-at-9-56-35-AM.png]

I received my diploma today, which confirms that I graduated with BS in Psychology
Congrats!

I like how they do the electronic copy. I'm also glad they got yours sorted out.
[-] The following 1 user Likes TheVilified's post:
  • frankc
(03-04-2023, 09:10 AM)TheVilified Wrote:
(03-03-2023, 01:05 PM)frankc Wrote: [Image: Screenshot-2023-03-03-at-9-56-35-AM.png]

Congrats!

I like how they do the electronic copy. I'm also glad they got yours sorted out.
Thank you! Yeah, the electronic copy is great.
In Progress
Georgia Tech OMSCS Cool
Completed

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ExcelsiorRegentsUSNY Transcript update Sapo 5 1,436 02-05-2024, 09:51 AM
Last Post: Airamb
  When can I download the transcript after the conferral date? frankc 1 556 02-19-2023, 09:04 AM
Last Post: TheVilified
  Unofficial transcript? What if? Insert Name 0 651 06-16-2022, 05:59 PM
Last Post: Insert Name
  Sending ACE transcript to Excelsior (EC) samiam 6 2,729 09-21-2020, 04:40 PM
Last Post: samiam
  One transcript boymom1031 2 2,260 10-27-2019, 07:27 PM
Last Post: davewill
  OnlineDegree.com and Excelsior Transcript billalsobrook 3 1,748 04-16-2019, 10:13 AM
Last Post: davewill
  After Excelsior graduation - view unofficial transcript? GoodYellowDogs 1 2,801 12-04-2018, 03:20 PM
Last Post: GoodYellowDogs