Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I need some help!
I have completed my AS degree at another school and I want to push on to earn my bachelors at EC. I have been wanting to do this for years and now I'm ready to make it happen. Here are the courses I have now (see below). I know I will need some more math courses and I plan to knock those out with Aleks first. I just don’t want to repeat anything or waste my time. I have to know which degree I want to do an audit, truth is I don't care which it is. I'm doing this for myself and not a job. I own a successful company so I'm set with work. Which degree will these credits fit best? Just an BS in LS? Also can someone help me lay out where these would go in a degree and what I would need to complete it? I know that’s a lot to ask but I really am lost.

CM 220 Fundamentals of Speech
EN 112 English Comp 2
GS 210 Earth Science
CM 280 Developing Critical Thinking Skills
CM 280 Introduction to Film
HI 231 American History
HI 232 American History 2
CJ 361 Criminology
CJ 412 Police Report Writing
CJ 463 Modern Terrorism
BUS 105 Business and Society (4 credits)
Clep Analyz. And Interpreting Literature (6 credits)
Eng 103 Information Lit (1 credit)
Hum 102 Art Appreciation
Math 106 Mathematics for Buss and Finance
ACC 111 Financial Accounting
REL 202 UG Women of the Bible
SOC 215 UG Child, Family / Community
USMC MC-2204-0088 808 Recruit Training (4 credits)
Have you thought about sending your transcripts to Excelsior college and get them to do a check and see what you need. That's what I did...and it only cost $75.
Set yourself goals, not limitations
Tasman Wrote:Have you thought about sending your transcripts to Excelsior college and get them to do a check and see what you need. That's what I did...and it only cost $75.

I not sure what the best degree path for me is to request that.
Liberal Studies will likely give you the greatest latitude in regards to testing out and making use of existing credits if thats the goal. If not then I would figure out what you want to study and narrow it down a bit.
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
bump for some help........
b4cz28TheKing Wrote:bump for some help........

You should just apply and send them your credits. once you get your unofficial evaluation you can see where all the credits you have earned fall into which will give you the information needed to know exactly where you have the best chance getting a degree.

Its at that point when you will designate what degree you want to go for. It doesn't cost any extra $ to enroll into a different degree program, it will just take some time for the evaluation to occur.

Posting the credits you've earned up here will only give us a brief idea of what you MAY be able to enroll into, but may still be off by credits one place or another. Get the evaluation, and at that point you will be able to start testing out of your tests since you know what they will give you credit for, and what GE courses you need to cover.

Hope that helps.
---Graduatedt Excelsior - BS - General Business - Conferred August 2012---

Social Sciences CLEP:59 - Humanities CLEP:55 - Natural Sciences CLEP:53 - Analyzing & Interpreting Literature CLEP:59 - Management & Information Systems DSST:435
Human Resource Management ECE:C - Org. Behavior ECE:C - World Population ECE:C - UExcel Political Science:C - 2 NFA ACE Approved Courses
Straighterline:Criminal Justice, Western Civilization 1 and Sociology - Passed, Penn Foster Cost Accounting & Financial Management:Both B
CSU MGMT 311 Operations Management: Finished April 2012 - A, Business Ethics & Society DSST -- 440, BUS495 - EC Business Capstone - A

Finished - AS - Business from Excelsior - 61 credits 2.8 gpa - Commencement July 2011
It looks like you are half-way there!

Written English Requirement:
EN 112 English Comp 2

Info Lit
Eng 103 Information Lit (1 credit)

Humanities
– have 21
CM 220 Fundamentals of Speech
CM 280 Developing Critical Thinking Skills
CM 280 Introduction to Film
Clep Analyz. And Interpreting Literature (6 credits)
Hum 102 Art Appreciation
REL 202 UG Women of the Bible

Social Science/History – have 9
HI 231 American History
HI 232 American History 2
SOC 215 UG Child, Family / Community

Natural Science/Math – have 6
GS 210 Earth Science
Math 106 Mathematics for Buss and Finance

Applied Professional – have 11
BUS 105 Business and Society (4 credits)
ACC 111 Financial Accounting
USMC MC-2204-0088 808 Recruit Training (4 credits)

Not sure if these are Social Science or Applied Professional and may be upper-level -
CJ 361 Criminology
CJ 412 Police Report Writing
CJ 463 Modern Terrorism

I like to use this list and the Student Guide (see below) to check the General Education categories:
http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...mmies.html

(General Ed and Arts & Sciences are the same categories – Humanities, Social Science, History, Natural Science, and Math. Applied Professional is like free electives.)

Be sure to download the school catalog and Student Guide to Credit by Exam for more details on the degree programs and exam options. School Catologs - excelsior.edu

We are expecting a new Student Guide to be published; there have been some changes in the exam policies that give more upper-level options in the DSSTs.
http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...units.html

Also, there are new Gen Ed policies starting in a couple of months. It looks like you will need 3 more Written English credits and 3 more Science/Math credits, if you enroll after that time.
http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...lling.html

Degrees in Business, History, Psychology, and Liberal Studies tend to have a lot of exam options. If you choose a Liberal Studies degree, you will need 2 depths, which are 9 LL and 3 UL credits in one subject.

This is like learning a foreign language. Let us know, as you have more questions. Hopefully we can help.
AS in 2010 and BS in 2013 at Excelsior College - Transcripts and Costs
MS Biostatistics in 2019 at Texas A&M University - Graduate School

Sharing Credit-by-Exam*
Resources Used - 20+ Exams Passed & General GRE
Practice Tests - Available for CLEP and DSST

* Link posted with permission from forum admin; thank you!