Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
IUBH - Another low cost European Grad option
Hi guys,

So there is this thread on the sister forum about IUBH in Germany which offers bachelor and master degrees, it's somewhat low cost (5, 6k?), it offers typical, MBA, Management, CS degrees. The format is interesting, almost competency-based, study and request the exam, I asked more info on the programs and will provide more info on this thread.

https://www.iubh-online.org/

First stop, if you are interested go read the thread it provides a very good background to get started.

So the other good thing, I was able to find them on WES Canada free tool to verify your degree (don't take this as 100% proof), it comes out that their MA equal Canadian MA.
WGU MS ITM, 2021.
TESU BACS, 2020.
TESU BSBA, 2018.
TESU ASNSM in Computer Science, 2018.
----
UPenn MCIT (Accepted in 2018, not pursuing, see story here).
NAU MCIT (Accepted in 2018, not pursuing)
----
[-] The following 4 users Like posabsolute's post:
  • jch, JWells247, Leedeedee, suzycupcake
(06-07-2020, 09:01 PM)posabsolute Wrote: Hi guys,

So there is this thread on the sister forum about IUBH in Germany which offers bachelor and master degrees, it's somewhat low cost (5, 6k?), it offers typical, MBA, Management, CS degrees. The format is interesting, almost competency-based, study and request the exam, I asked more info on the programs and will provide more info on this thread.

https://www.iubh-online.org/

First stop, if you are interested go read the thread it provides a very good background to get started.

So the other good thing, I was able to find them on WES Canada free tool to verify your degree (don't take this as 100% proof), it comes out that their MA equal Canadian MA.
Hi
I tried to check WES Canada but i couldn't locate it. Which state did you put it for search? Also degree cost is between 12 000 -15 000 . I didnt see anything close to 5-6 k. Can you clarify ?
Ah yes, this school... they were having a sale a few months ago, pretty much gave out scholarships to eligible applicants and the fees were 85% off. Nowadays, their scholarships are just 66% of the current fee. If for some reason you're really interested in their programs, you can try emailing them to see if they can grant you or honor those 85% off discounts, just tell them you missed it by a month due to Coronavirus!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • JWells247
You need to use the full german name of the University:
Internationale Fachhochschule Bad Honnef - Bonn.

As for the price, you will know the "real" price after applying, they still do 85% and 66%. You have to take into account that this is a for-profit university, much like here, your experience will vary with those. As far as I know, the 85% is still available, which puts you around 2-3k for a master.
WGU MS ITM, 2021.
TESU BACS, 2020.
TESU BSBA, 2018.
TESU ASNSM in Computer Science, 2018.
----
UPenn MCIT (Accepted in 2018, not pursuing, see story here).
NAU MCIT (Accepted in 2018, not pursuing)
----
Can you just earn credits hear and transfer them to one of the big 3?
(12-22-2020, 09:31 PM)Areyes2511 Wrote: Can you just earn credits hear and transfer them to one of the big 3?

You'll need a foreign degree evaluation to determine that. TESU accepts evaluations, but the extent of how many credits they will accept after that is something only they can answer.

(06-11-2020, 09:10 PM)posabsolute Wrote: You need to use the full german name of the University:
Internationale Fachhochschule Bad Honnef - Bonn.

As for the price, you will know the "real" price after applying, they still do 85% and 66%. You have to take into account that this is a for-profit university, much like here, your experience will vary with those. As far as I know, the 85% is still available, which puts you around 2-3k for a master.

I see flat rates for on-campus, and monthly payment plans for online.

They also have different ECTS levels for the same degrees. That's interesting, and I wonder if the higher ECTS options have to do with avoiding having their degrees evaluated lower than a Masters in some places like the United States where, for instance, one 60 ECTS Masters degree (ENEB) was evaluated as such recently.
That robotics degree looks interesting. That may be come a side project later.

Sent from my SM-G981V using DegreeForum.net mobile app
In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

I looked into their accreditation situation. Their accreditation and rankings page at https://www.iubh-online.org/why-iubh/acc...filiation/ shows the AACSB logo. Seems great, right? Well, cross checking the AACSB list of accredited programs in Germany at https://www.aacsb.edu/accreditation/accr...ry=Germany shows that IUBH is not listed. The disclaimer on that page stating "AACSB International membership does not denote AACSB accreditation and should not be interpreted as achievement of accreditation" gives a hint. Looking more closely at the IUBH page, this is exactly what is going on. They have a membership, but not actual accreditation. How many people are going to miss this distinction? In my opinion, this a bit of a scummy tactic. If something isn't an accreditation, it shouldn't be on your accreditation page!
TESU Class of 2024 BSBA-CIS+GM, BSIT, ASNSM-CS+Math, AAS-GEN
Earned credits from Sophia, SDC, ASU ULC, TEEX, Microsoft, Strayer, TESU, Saylor, DSST, CLEP, CompTIA, StraighterLine, and others since starting in April 2020
True. Accreditation is accreditation.  No membership,  recognition and so on replace it
Got this from IUBH when I inquired about accreditation:

.pdf   Accreditation-Detailed_Explanation.pdf (Size: 461.44 KB / Downloads: 95)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  nitstharya - Grad School Top Up Recommendation nitstharya 1 188 04-10-2024, 04:23 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Teesside University has some interesting Masters programs that cost around 9k USD nyvrem 5 636 02-17-2024, 07:01 AM
Last Post: Tomas
  Article bashes Harvard Extension ALM Grad smartdegree 50 8,570 12-25-2023, 09:32 AM
Last Post: posabsolute
  European Grad Studies Abroad: Cost of Living vs Low Tuition Fees bjcheung77 7 1,446 12-23-2023, 08:43 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  Indiana University MS Data Science - $12,500 total cost Yanji 12 3,034 10-20-2023, 07:18 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  Seeking a grad school OTmina 4 1,105 10-11-2023, 11:13 PM
Last Post: OTmina
  Cheapest online masters - eneb the only option? thisisausername 36 6,885 10-05-2023, 06:45 PM
  European Professional Doctorate Unlucky 33 3,814 10-01-2023, 04:37 AM
Last Post: Unlucky
  Low Cost / Free online Masters programs from Germany nyvrem 32 11,991 07-30-2023, 03:38 AM
  Lowest Cost Online Masters mohelena02 31 7,028 07-27-2023, 01:41 PM
Last Post: tsgreer