Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you HAD to...
OK - here's the situation, what would you do...
If you have a CLEP scheduled for Thursday - today's Tuesday at 11PM - and you know that if you cancel it, you can't get another test date until June (which you want to avoid) however, the exam you're scheduled to take, you don't feel ready for AT ALL (principles of accounting).
Would you:
a. Take it anyway and pray?
b. Try to cram for another exam and take it on Thursday instead? Choices on this are social science and history or human growth and development.

Oh, and you've got a sinus infection with fever.

In all seriousness, this is my current situation, any thoughts would be appreciated. I'm thinking of taking the Petersons human growth practice test tonight to see how I do... maybe go from there...
[COLOR="Purple"][SIZE="2"]
Best of luck,
Joanne [/size]
[SIZE="1"]
31 hours traditional schooling
11 Microsoft exams, 1 Linux+, 2 ICCP's, 6 CLEP's, 12 DSSTs, and 6 ECE's
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR="Plum"][SIZE="1"][SIZE="3"]Degree Completed!
BS in Liberal Studies[/SIZE]
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
If the exam could be retaken anytime, then yes. But since this is not the case, and you'd have to wait 6 months to retake if you don't pass, I'd cancel the appointment. It's better to wait one month than 6, ya know?!?
[SIZE="1"]Ana
[COLOR="DarkRed"]96 credits completed (93 by exam)
BS in General Business, Excelsior College (33 credits remaining)
Next exams: DSST Statistics, DSST Business Law 2
Recently taken: DSST Drug/Alcohol (61), CLEP French (63), ECE Gerontology (B Sad), DSST MIS (65), DSST Counseling (54), DSST Ethics (63)[/SIZE][/COLOR]
I can't believe anyone would take Principles of Accounting unless it was required in order to get their degree. At least if you take Human Growth & Development and don't pass, you can find another test to take instead of waiting six long months!
tcc Wrote:I can't believe anyone would take Principles of Accounting unless it was required in order to get their degree. At least if you take Human Growth & Development and don't pass, you can find another test to take instead of waiting six long months!
I feel the same way!!! I'm dreading taking this, but it's a requirement for business. Sad
[SIZE="1"]Ana
[COLOR="DarkRed"]96 credits completed (93 by exam)
BS in General Business, Excelsior College (33 credits remaining)
Next exams: DSST Statistics, DSST Business Law 2
Recently taken: DSST Drug/Alcohol (61), CLEP French (63), ECE Gerontology (B Sad), DSST MIS (65), DSST Counseling (54), DSST Ethics (63)[/SIZE][/COLOR]
I'm assuming that the other exams mentioned are also needed and you are considering keeping the date to get "something" scratched off the list. Since you need Accounting for your major/ concentration, I'd avoid the risk and sub it for an easier exam that has alternatives. Specifically, cram for Human Growth/ Dev. and worst case scenario, take Early Childhood Dev. if things go wrong w/ the Human Growth exam. The upside is that you have a full day tomorrow to prep for HG/ Dev. and it's P/F; you don't need 90% : ) Best of luck!

Robert

Charter Oak Bus. Concentration
3 exams to go;
CLEP Acctg, Human Growth/Dev., & DSST Finance
... just gearing back up after a pause to relocate across 950 miles!
libartsmgr,

Under these circumstances, if you can take an ELECTIVE instead of a REQUIRED subject, I say go for the elective.

You can cram for an elective subject in a day for sure (especially a pass/fail exam). If you fail, you can easily choose an alternative.

If you go for Accounting and fail, you have no choice but wait to take it again in six months.

The decision is yours of course, but that's my opinion.

Best of luck,
Snazzlefrag
My name is Rob

Total Credits: 142 (12 not used).
[SIZE=1]GPA: 4.0
[/SIZE]
One more thing,

Did I miss a day here? You posted the message on MONDAY at 11:55pm (not Tuesday).

Thursday is actually TWO days away (All of Tuesday and all of Wednesday). Unless you are in Australia or something!
hilarious

I have taken MANY exams with only two days of study...so it can definitely be done.

Good luck,
Snazzlefrag
My name is Rob

[/SIZE]
libartsmgr Wrote:OK - here's the situation, what would you do...
If you have a CLEP scheduled for Thursday - today's Tuesday at 11PM - and you know that if you cancel it, you can't get another test date until June (which you want to avoid) however, the exam you're scheduled to take, you don't feel ready for AT ALL (principles of accounting).
Would you:
a. Take it anyway and pray?
b. Try to cram for another exam and take it on Thursday instead? Choices on this are social science and history or human growth and development.

Oh, and you've got a sinus infection with fever.

In all seriousness, this is my current situation, any thoughts would be appreciated. I'm thinking of taking the Petersons human growth practice test tonight to see how I do... maybe go from there...

[SIZE="2"]Sounds like you have three variables at work.

1. Take it and not pass = wait 6 months for another shot.

2. If NOT ready do NOT take it anyway.

3. Illness will hinder your study - good heath will increase it.

In any event, I hope that your health improves so as to get a better grasp of the material allowing you to sit the exam and pass the first time!! [/SIZE]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
Another possible option for you to consider,

You could cancel Thursday's exam appointment altogether and just don't take ANYTHING until you feel better. The world won't end if you wait until June to take your next exam.

If you are not feeling well, you are not feeling well! Nobody can hold that against you.

This would allow you to take a breather while you recover from your sinus infection (I've had those, and it's very hard to concentrate, In fact, I actually canceled an exam a couple of months ago because I had a sinus infection)

Canceling your exam on Thursday would also allow you a solid three weeks or so to adequately prep for Accounting, and any other exams you have coming up soon.

It's just an extra option for you. But don't throw the idea out without giving it some serious thought. OK?

Take care of yourself,
Snazzlefrag
My name is Rob

[/SIZE]
<beginmy2cents>
I would reschedule and not take the chance, especially if I was not feeling well. That can have a major impact on your performance. You don't really want to risk the chance of failing and having to wait 6 months, therefore I would take the exam when I thought I was ready and over my sinus infection. A few more weeks beats 6 months.
</endmy2cents>
[SIZE="1"][/SIZE][SIZE="1"]Rob
Pursuing a BS Liberal Arts (Excelsior College) One mo to go! Upcoming exams: CLEP College Math[/SIZE]