Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you pass all three Petersons practice tests....is it even necessary to study?
Hi, I'm planning on taking the "heres to your health" DSST exam. I took the Petersons practice tests and got a 63 on two of the tests, and a 67 on the other without even studying. At this point, should I even study or should I just go and take the exam itself. A lot of the stuff in this test seems like common knowledge. Anyone have any experience with this exam?
lkm370 Wrote:Hi, I'm planning on taking the "heres to your health" DSST exam. I took the Petersons practice tests and got a 63 on two of the tests, and a 67 on the other without even studying. At this point, should I even study or should I just go and take the exam itself. A lot of the stuff in this test seems like common knowledge. Anyone have any experience with this exam?

Well, since you took all three, I'd say that's probably a good indicator of readiness AS LONG AS you did it closed book (no googling) and those scores were first attempt/timed tests. If your background lends itself to having a lot of knowledge, you should probably just go ahead and give it a try!
lkm370 Wrote:Hi, I'm planning on taking the "heres to your health" DSST exam. I took the Petersons practice tests and got a 63 on two of the tests, and a 67 on the other without even studying. At this point, should I even study or should I just go and take the exam itself. A lot of the stuff in this test seems like common knowledge. Anyone have any experience with this exam?

Hey, thanks for the response. I didn't google any of the questions nor did I study beforehand. A lot of it just seemed like common knowledge and you could sort of choose the correct answer by elimination. Im just apprehensive about taking the test and failing because I felt so confident. I also took the free-clep-prep's test and got a 68 out of 98 on that one. I guess I'm just good to go then.
lkm370 Wrote:Hey, thanks for the response. I didn't google any of the questions nor did I study beforehand. A lot of it just seemed like common knowledge and you could sort of choose the correct answer by elimination. Im just apprehensive about taking the test and failing because I felt so confident. I also took the free-clep-prep's test and got a 68 out of 98 on that one. I guess I'm just good to go then.

I've not taken that test, however, since I'm generally interested in health, I would estimate I could have passed that exam without study as well. There are lots of times when that kind of thing happens here, especially if the tester has an interest/background in an area related to the test. Heck, I remember taking US History 2 CLEP and thinking "I remember when that happened!" LOL Let us know how you do! Set your appointment tomorrow before you get cold feet. Smile
I would just go take the test and invest your time towards the next test. (if applicable)
CPA (WA), CFA Level III Candidate

Currently pursuing: ALM, Data Science - Harvard University, Cambridge, MA (12/48, on hold for CFA/life commitments)
MBA, Finance/Accounting - Indiana University, Bloomington, IN, 2015
BSBA, General Management - Thomas Edison State College, Trenton, NJ, 2012

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question How can I Study on my own pace and online like a european? justmemyself 6 263 03-25-2024, 09:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  How to Study Deetzin 3 213 03-12-2024, 02:43 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Study.com --- courses midnite123 9 699 02-24-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: EE-AE-Engineer
  Major Study: Unproctored Online Exams Provide Meaningful Assessment Jonathan Whatley 0 333 11-16-2023, 02:48 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Study.com for World History TECEP bannerfield 4 1,088 09-27-2023, 03:43 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Question about BYU Independent Study Amberlinjeanne 4 1,223 09-05-2023, 06:47 PM
  No study.com any more, and take crash course on coppersmith? qiaoyiren 10 2,281 04-12-2023, 09:59 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Crash Course's Study Hall quigongene 4 924 01-25-2023, 04:44 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Study Together Validity + Benefits Stacie 0 414 07-26-2022, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Stacie
  Science plus lab alterantives for Study.com/StraighterLine echo64 6 1,052 06-18-2022, 01:27 PM