Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Immediate TESU enrollment?!?
With respect to the looming changes, how would an applicant go about getting enrolled at TESU right now (meaning prior to April 1) without having to come up with $9352 for the comprehensive tuition plan? I mean, specifically, a student that has never taken a TESU course or a TECEP prior. Is it possible?
You can pay the Enrolled Option for $3452 by March 31, 2016 if you think you need to hang onto the 2015-2016 catalog and get a March 2016 enroll date. Personally I wouldn't unless I was required to take more than 1 TESU course to graduate AND could graduate within one year. Registering today for a TESU course on per-credit gets you the 10th day after the May term starts.
TESU BA CS and Math (graduated December 2016)
TrailRunr Wrote:You can pay the Enrolled Option for $3452 by March 31, 2016 if you think you need to hang onto the 2015-2016 catalog and get a March 2016 enroll date. Personally I wouldn't unless I was required to take more than 1 TESU course to graduate AND could graduate within one year. Registering today for a TESU course on per-credit gets you the 10th day after the May term starts.

I'm assuming registering for a TECEP would be similar? 10th day after May term? Or 10th day after you take and pass it?
10th day of the May term is when you are enrolled under per-credit. It used to be that a TECEP will count regardless of when or if you pass it. But nobody knows what will happen after April 1st.
TESU BA CS and Math (graduated December 2016)
TrailRunr Wrote:10th day of the May term is when you are enrolled under per-credit. It used to be that a TECEP will count regardless of when or if you pass it. But nobody knows what will happen after April 1st.

I don't think it ever was that a TECEP would count whether you passed it or not. It specifically says that you have to EARN 3cr in order to continue enrollment. I think what happened was that they would consider you enrolled in the per-credit tuition plan, and put the date 10 days after the start of the next term, but if the time limit passed and you hadn't earned the credits, you would get booted off the system. I enrolled in 2013, took a TECEP and failed, and was no longer enrolled about 7-8 months later. I had to reapply after that.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Failed TECEPs never counted toward the residency.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
ELSADDIQ Wrote:With respect to the looming changes, how would an applicant go about getting enrolled at TESU right now (meaning prior to April 1) without having to come up with $9352 for the comprehensive tuition plan? I mean, specifically, a student that has never taken a TESU course or a TECEP prior. Is it possible?

You need to apply before April 1, to lock in the catalog. Even after April 1, you do not have to go in under the Comprehensive Plan. Before April 1, you can enroll under 3 different options: Per-Credit (free), Enrolled Options ($3300ish) or Comprehensive ($9000+). After April 1, you can enroll under 2 different options: Per-Credit (free) or Comprehensive ($9000+).

Even if you enroll before April 1 under Per-Credit, you will probably still have the new rules where you have to have 16cr of residency and TECEP's/PLA's won't count. You will have to pay the $2,000 Residency Waiver if you opt not to take courses. I could be wrong, but I don't think I am.

If you are new to this, and haven't taken a lot of courses already, I wouldn't rush to try to get into the Enrolled Options Plan unless you plan on taking more than 2 courses at TESU. If you just plan on taking the Capstone, it's cheaper to do the $2000 Waiver under the Per-Credit plan.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
sanantone Wrote:Failed TECEPs never counted toward the residency.

We were talking about enrollment. TESU shows that you're enrolled as of a date that you register for a TECEP, but people are under the impression that because it shows the date before you ever take the TECEP, that it automatically extends your enrollment date. I do not think this is the case - if you don't earn 3cr before your 6-month initial enrollment window, or then after that for 1 rolling year, the system recognizes this and kicks you out. You can't just sign up for a TECEP and automatically get your date pushed up, and then not take the TECEP and you're still ok.
Thanks for the responses. I'm hoping that I can go ahead and register for a TECEP tomorrow and be considered enrolled prior to April 1 under the per credit plan. I wish that they'd rethink the naming of the "residency waiver fee" to something like "graduation fee-no residency." My employer won't do tuition reimbursement for a residency waiver fee but if it's a graduation fee, it qualifies. I fear that other employers may have similar policies.
ELSADDIQ Wrote:Thanks for the responses. I'm hoping that I can go ahead and register for a TECEP tomorrow and be considered enrolled prior to April 1 under the per credit plan. I wish that they'd rethink the naming of the "residency waiver fee" to something like "graduation fee-no residency." My employer won't do tuition reimbursement for a residency waiver fee but if it's a graduation fee, it qualifies. I fear that other employers may have similar policies.

Unfortunately, registration for the April term is closed; you can only register for the May term at this point.

My husband's employer is the same; I wonder if you can send something to them showing the cost of doing 5 regular courses plus the cornerstone, or doing 5 courses via CLEP/DSST/SL/whatever plus the cornerstone plus the residency waiver. Show them that they will save money, see if they will make an exception. If not, you're stuck paying the Residency Fee. Bummer - but in the big scheme of things, it's only $2000 for your degree, if you went to a B&M or online school and had to pay for books (my husband's company won't pay for books), you'd end up spending that much anyway. Easily. It would just be in smaller chunks rather than a large fee at once.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,923 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,616 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,020 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,579 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,668 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,291 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,547 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,282 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,318 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,816 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore