Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Impressive WGU MBA Grad.
This guy finished the entire WGU MBA (excluding the capstone project) in 22 days. And on top of that, he finished the degree before we was even 20 years old and he was working a full-time job while doing it too. Impressive.

https://www.youngsuccessbooks.com/2018/0...-possible/
Earned: AA, AAS, AGS
147 credits
[-] The following 1 user Likes natshar's post:
  • lalacabore
That is crazy fast!
Beginning August 19, 2019

Master of Business Administration (MBA) - Management
Southeastern Oklahoma State University
AACSB-Accredited
Conferred 2019

Bachelor of Science (BS) - Biology
East Central University
Conferred 2015
(12-22-2018, 04:52 PM)natshar Wrote: This guy finished the entire WGU MBA (excluding the capstone project) in 22 days. And on top of that, he finished the degree before we was even 20 years old and he was working a full-time job while doing it too. Impressive.

It's unfortunate that the article is mainly an advertisement for his book on how to accelerate an MBA. It doesn't look like his approach is any different than what other accelerators have described here, or on the WGU Reddit or Facebook forums; though it's hard to tell since the article only hints at his specific actions.
In Progress: MBA in IT Management, Western Governors University (25/35cu | Sep 2019)
Up Next: Perhaps an MSCS or a DBA/DM/Ph.D.

Complete:
BSBA in Computer Information Systems, 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM in Computer Science, 2019, Thomas Edison State University

B&M CC: 8.68cr, TESU: 3cr, CLEP/DSST: 15cr, Study.com: 57cr, Straighterline: 19cr, ALEKS: 9cr, TEEX: 6cr, The Institutes: 2cr, Sophia: 2cr
(121.68 credits total. 95 credits earned in 10 months, with 45 of those earned in ~3 months)
Isn't 22 days even fast for the this site? I know a lot of people here do it one term (or at least try to) but isn't 22 days extremely fast? That's like one course every two days!
Earned: AA, AAS, AGS
147 credits
Hmm, haha, that is one course every two days. I haven't tried WGU yet, but I wonder how their competency based assignments or courses work... I keep reading it's "assessments", do some "work" and exam, onto the next competency and repeat the process until you finish all of them.
Done: TESU ASNSM Biology, ASBA/BSBA (ACBSP Accredited in 2017)
Working on: TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Deferred: **Deciding on several Masters/PHD programs**

2018 BALS and BSBA Spreadsheet using mainly SL/Study.com (post#28,31)
The Basic Approach | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Review Beginners Guide sticky for info on TESU BALS/BSBA in 4 months (post #16)
~Note: Read Wiki guide links for TESU equivalency - CLEP/DSST/SL/Study.com, etc
(12-22-2018, 04:52 PM)natshar Wrote: This guy finished the entire WGU MBA (excluding the capstone project) in 22 days. And on top of that, he finished the degree before we was even 20 years old and he was working a full-time job while doing it too. Impressive.

Just a guess, but figuring out "how" isn't the barrier to completing an MBA in 22 days.
Jennifer
10-year member

MS Applied Nutrition, 2014 Canisius College, NY
Premed/Prenursing Sciences, 2011 Ocean County College, NJ
BA Social Science, 2008 Thomas Edison State University, NJ
AA General Studies, 2008 Thomas Edison State University, NJ
AOS Culinary Arts,1990 Culinary Institute of America, NY

Homeschooling for College Credit
[-] The following 1 user Likes cookderosa's post:
  • Mamasaphire
Yes, that's extremely fast. I have never heard of someone going that fast.

Some people have done theirs in about 10-12 weeks, which is already fast, and said that the group project took 3 weeks by itself.

Oh, I just looked at his link. He did not finish his degree in 22 days. He did everything except the capstone in 22 days.
Working on second TESU degree. Graduate in June?
First Masters complete.
TESU BSBA (with ASNSM) in March 2018.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ideas's post:
  • GoodYellowDogs
(12-23-2018, 01:39 AM)Ideas Wrote: Yes, that's extremely fast. I have never heard of someone going that fast.

Some people have done theirs in about 10-12 weeks, which is already fast, and said that the group project took 3 weeks by itself.

Oh, I just looked at his link. He did not finish his degree in 22 days. He did everything except the capstone in 22 days.

ohhhhh wow. <eyeroll> Ya know... some people just don't have a clue.

Say it takes 700 days for the average MBA at WGU (I'm totally guessing) and he's advertising for the purpose of selling his book that he did it in 3% of the time. Then, behind the curtain, someone discovers it really takes him 6% of the time (or whatever) and calls him out as a lier because he is misrepresenting the truth. Really? Was the honest truth not "impressive enough?"
I love peer review.
Jennifer
10-year member

MS Applied Nutrition, 2014 Canisius College, NY
Premed/Prenursing Sciences, 2011 Ocean County College, NJ
BA Social Science, 2008 Thomas Edison State University, NJ
AA General Studies, 2008 Thomas Edison State University, NJ
AOS Culinary Arts,1990 Culinary Institute of America, NY

Homeschooling for College Credit
[-] The following 2 users Like cookderosa's post:
  • GoodYellowDogs, mzcutie85
One of the guys in the WGU IT Slack chat is writing all the papers for the MSCSIA while waiting for his bachelors term to end. With the ability to "pregame" like this, I can definitely see this as being doable.
Working On:  WGU MS-ITM (start early 2020), GA Tech OMSC (start early 2021?)
Completed:  WGU BSCSIA (started 10/1/2018, finished 01/11/2019)
Journey Thread:  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ersecurity

[-] The following 2 users Like quigongene's post:
  • cookderosa, Life_One
(12-23-2018, 11:13 AM)quigongene Wrote: One of the guys in the WGU IT Slack chat is writing all the papers for the MSCSIA while waiting for his bachelors term to end.  With the ability to "pregame" like this, I can definitely see this as being doable.

This is exactly what I suspect he did, as it looks like all of his PAs were graded on about the same day. I was conisdering doing the same when I thought I would be continuing on with WGU.
In Progress: MS Cybersecurity, Georgia Tech (6/32cr), 2021?
BS IT Security, Western Governors University, 2018
BA Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, 2016
AA Sociology, Chaffey College, 2015

View all of my earned credits on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BSB/HR Grad. MASTERS? Whenyousee20 14 218 Yesterday, 05:03 PM
Last Post: allvia
  My Grad School Thoughts - Masters/PHD bjcheung77 117 14,547 07-13-2019, 08:00 PM
Last Post: Imbanewbie
  Online grad schools, cheapest option, no GRE saraholson 16 1,277 06-07-2019, 06:55 AM
Last Post: Imbanewbie
  Goal Achieved: 20 Grad. English Credits/Harvard Poetry Series Complete eriehiker 8 490 05-30-2019, 10:34 AM
Last Post: ChilliDawg
  Another source of educator grad credit in science DIGI-212 5 439 04-25-2019, 03:03 AM
Last Post: Ideas
  Question for Big Three Gads who Went on to Grad School retro 21 1,248 03-07-2019, 06:32 PM
Last Post: kevinmane
  Cheapest grad schools per credit Ideas 34 6,009 12-20-2018, 06:50 AM
Last Post: Ideas
  Planning for next steps after BSBA: MBA+MSML, MBA+Grad Cert, PhD? Merlin 14 559 11-25-2018, 03:58 AM
Last Post: Merlin
  Let's Talk Human Resource Management (HRM) Grad Programs! Nodaclu 19 898 11-23-2018, 05:15 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  NA vs RA grad school Ideas 21 906 10-29-2018, 02:43 AM
Last Post: sanantone