Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Impressive WGU MBA Grad.
This guy finished the entire WGU MBA (excluding the capstone project) in 22 days. And on top of that, he finished the degree before we was even 20 years old and he was working a full-time job while doing it too. Impressive.

https://www.youngsuccessbooks.com/2018/0...-possible/
[-] The following 1 user Likes natshar's post:
  • lalacabore
That is crazy fast!
Master of Science (M.S.) in Quantitative Management: Business Analytics (2023)
Duke University | The Fuqua School of Business

Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) in Management (2019)
Southeastern Oklahoma State University | The John Massey School of Business

Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Biology (2015)
East Central University | The College of Health Sciences

Accumulated Credit: Undergraduate - 126 Hours, Graduate - 83 Hours
(12-22-2018, 04:52 PM)natshar Wrote: This guy finished the entire WGU MBA (excluding the capstone project) in 22 days. And on top of that, he finished the degree before we was even 20 years old and he was working a full-time job while doing it too. Impressive.

It's unfortunate that the article is mainly an advertisement for his book on how to accelerate an MBA. It doesn't look like his approach is any different than what other accelerators have described here, or on the WGU Reddit or Facebook forums; though it's hard to tell since the article only hints at his specific actions.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
Isn't 22 days even fast for the this site? I know a lot of people here do it one term (or at least try to) but isn't 22 days extremely fast? That's like one course every two days!
Hmm, haha, that is one course every two days. I haven't tried WGU yet, but I wonder how their competency based assignments or courses work... I keep reading it's "assessments", do some "work" and exam, onto the next competency and repeat the process until you finish all of them.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(12-22-2018, 04:52 PM)natshar Wrote: This guy finished the entire WGU MBA (excluding the capstone project) in 22 days. And on top of that, he finished the degree before we was even 20 years old and he was working a full-time job while doing it too. Impressive.

Just a guess, but figuring out "how" isn't the barrier to completing an MBA in 22 days.
Yes, that's extremely fast. I have never heard of someone going that fast.

Some people have done theirs in about 10-12 weeks, which is already fast, and said that the group project took 3 weeks by itself.

Oh, I just looked at his link. He did not finish his degree in 22 days. He did everything except the capstone in 22 days.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Ideas's post:
  • GoodYellowDogs
(12-23-2018, 01:39 AM)Ideas Wrote: Yes, that's extremely fast. I have never heard of someone going that fast.

Some people have done theirs in about 10-12 weeks, which is already fast, and said that the group project took 3 weeks by itself.

Oh, I just looked at his link. He did not finish his degree in 22 days. He did everything except the capstone in 22 days.

ohhhhh wow. <eyeroll> Ya know... some people just don't have a clue.

Say it takes 700 days for the average MBA at WGU (I'm totally guessing) and he's advertising for the purpose of selling his book that he did it in 3% of the time. Then, behind the curtain, someone discovers it really takes him 6% of the time (or whatever) and calls him out as a lier because he is misrepresenting the truth. Really? Was the honest truth not "impressive enough?"
I love peer review.
One of the guys in the WGU IT Slack chat is writing all the papers for the MSCSIA while waiting for his bachelors term to end. With the ability to "pregame" like this, I can definitely see this as being doable.
Up next:  WGU MSCSIA - Early 2023
Dropped:  WGU MSITM - Wasn't my cup of tea
Completed:  WGU BSCSIA (started 10/1/2018, finished 01/11/2019), Pierpont BOG AAS (5/2018)
Journey Thread (MSITM): https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...TM-Journey
Journey Thread (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ersecurity
Degree Spreadsheet (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/attachm...p?aid=2602

[-] The following 2 users Like quigongene's post:
  • cookderosa, Life_One
(12-23-2018, 11:13 AM)quigongene Wrote: One of the guys in the WGU IT Slack chat is writing all the papers for the MSCSIA while waiting for his bachelors term to end.  With the ability to "pregame" like this, I can definitely see this as being doable.

This is exactly what I suspect he did, as it looks like all of his PAs were graded on about the same day. I was conisdering doing the same when I thought I would be continuing on with WGU.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Article bashes Harvard Extension ALM Grad smartdegree 50 8,265 12-25-2023, 09:32 AM
Last Post: posabsolute
  European Grad Studies Abroad: Cost of Living vs Low Tuition Fees bjcheung77 7 1,406 12-23-2023, 08:43 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  Seeking a grad school OTmina 4 1,061 10-11-2023, 11:13 PM
Last Post: OTmina
  Time to start thinking post grad, and don’t know where to start Insert Name 7 955 07-09-2023, 10:43 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Looking for online Grad Cert. or Masters Program RoliJoli 4 1,107 03-27-2023, 05:41 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  New Amberton Grad Cert ss20ts 0 553 03-25-2023, 03:36 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  IUBH - Another low cost European Grad option posabsolute 18 5,973 03-21-2023, 03:13 PM
Last Post: JPN
Exclamation Reading through this board for cheap grad schools but don't see MITx or Coursera??? Randyb100 30 4,643 12-06-2022, 06:27 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  40 Low GPA Grad Schools & Advice to Help You Get In LevelUP 8 1,338 11-08-2022, 11:50 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  Walden Tempo Criminal Justice/grad school redheadguy03 6 1,092 10-31-2022, 03:27 AM
Last Post: SweetSecret