Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In September enrolled, sent transcripts, got evaluation - Need help navigating
In September I had enrolled in TESU and was admitted. I had sent my previous university transcripts and AP scores. Those were added to my academic evaluation and I had enrolled in the medical terminology course. But then I never followed up because of a big life event that happened...

How should I proceed? I had created a degree plan against the TESU course requirements (using mostly Sophia, Study.com and ASU-EA) but that may be out of date with recent changes. Should I register for TESU again?

Thank you for all the guidance.
September of when? 2021? If so, you should still be enrolled.

Go log into OSS http://www.tesu.edu/oss Click on "my profile". What does it say under "student status"? Now go back to the main menu and click on "Academic Evaluation". Choose your degree program and view the evaluation. What is your catalog year?
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
September of what year? Your enrollment is active for one year, so if it was September 2021, you'll still have access to advising/evaluations.
Ongoing: MLIS

June 2022, Thomas Edison State University (TESU): Second degree - BA in Computer Science + ASNSM in Mathematics + Cert. in CIS + Cert. in Operations Mgmt.
e-Packs: Computer Concepts; Industrial Psych.
Guided Study: Comp. Architecture
Online: Intro. to PLA; Database Mgmt.; Software Eng.; Data Structures; Liberal Arts Capstone; DSI-610 (Statistics.com)

May 2019, a residential, RA institution: BA in Political Science and Educational Studies
Relevant equivalencies: MAT-321; MAT-431; STA-315
(02-07-2022, 06:39 PM)mahaganapati Wrote: In September I had enrolled in TESU and was admitted. I had sent my previous university transcripts and AP scores. Those were added to my academic evaluation and I had enrolled in the medical terminology course. But then I never followed up because of a big life event that happened...

How should I proceed? I had created a degree plan against the TESU course requirements (using mostly Sophia, Study.com and ASU-EA) but that may be out of date with recent changes. Should I register for TESU again?

Did you enroll in the course, or the TECEP exam?
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(02-07-2022, 06:47 PM)rachel83az Wrote: September of when? 2021? If so, you should still be enrolled.

Go log into OSS http://www.tesu.edu/oss Click on "my profile". What does it say under "student status"? Now go back to the main menu and click on "Academic Evaluation". Choose your degree program and view the evaluation. What is your catalog year?

Yes, September of 2021.

For student status I see "OS1TU Out-Of-State Tuition Only"

And for catalogue year in evaluation I see 2022.

So it seems I'm in good standing? Should I proceed with Sohpia etc.?

Thank you for the advice!

(02-07-2022, 10:50 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(02-07-2022, 06:39 PM)mahaganapati Wrote: In September I had enrolled in TESU and was admitted. I had sent my previous university transcripts and AP scores. Those were added to my academic evaluation and I had enrolled in the medical terminology course. But then I never followed up because of a big life event that happened...

Did you enroll in the course, or the TECEP exam?

It was the TECEP exam
Yep, you're in good standing. Definitely proceed with Sophia. To remain enrolled, you'll need to take a class or sign up for another TECEP if you're not done with your degree this September. But for now, you're good.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
You're good for now, I would create an update reply with a spreadsheet or a degree plan by listing everything you've completed...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(02-10-2022, 08:15 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: You're good for now, I would create an update reply with a spreadsheet or a degree plan by listing everything you've completed...

Thanks! I haven't completed any Sophia courses yet. But I do have some AP and previous college credits that TESU has given me credit for in my evaluation. Which makes me about 20% done with the degree.

Thanks for all the help! I'll report back once I have more progress. This forum is invaluable!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU Credit Transfer Evaluation colonelcamp 7 231 04-25-2024, 10:16 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Recent Evaluation for Google IT Support MissRN 8 413 04-22-2024, 06:41 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Free TECEPs Offer for Accepted-but-not-Enrolled PLEX 3 301 03-20-2024, 06:10 PM
Last Post: PLEX
  Emailing TESU about planning external credits into academic evaluation aperantosbias 9 650 12-29-2023, 10:37 PM
Last Post: Quackerz
  Certificates for Enrolled Students Yenisei 3 449 12-26-2023, 01:42 AM
Last Post: natshar
  TESU Academic Evaluation & Maximum Transfer Credits bradonomics 19 2,111 09-07-2023, 06:21 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU academic evaluation hasn't been returned since 1/23/23. Is that enough time? CanICode 10 1,312 08-04-2023, 12:13 PM
Last Post: CanICode
  Question about my Academic Evaluation AnalysisParalysis 19 2,242 07-15-2023, 02:59 PM
Last Post: Yolan
  Study.com, TESU Evaluation & Residency dbrown2258 33 2,523 04-24-2023, 05:38 PM
Last Post: davewill
  If classes start Monday, December 5th, are you enrolled? Insert Name 2 456 12-02-2022, 05:10 PM
Last Post: Insert Name