Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Inexpensive accredited Masters ideas
I'm in! Paying today and may have access by end of tomorrow. They were very understanding. Woot!
[-] The following 5 users Like jb111's post:
  • carebear_007, collegecareerstudent, rachel83az, ROYISAGIRL, ss20ts
(02-01-2022, 11:25 AM)jb111 Wrote: I'm in!  Paying today and may have access by end of tomorrow.  They were very understanding.  Woot!

Heck yea !!
Keep us up to date on your new journey !
[-] The following 2 users Like Pats20's post:
  • collegecareerstudent, jb111
(02-01-2022, 11:28 AM)Pats20 Wrote:
(02-01-2022, 11:25 AM)jb111 Wrote: I'm in!  Paying today and may have access by end of tomorrow.  They were very understanding.  Woot!

Heck yea !!
Keep us up to date on your new journey !

Will do.  I just realized one of the most attractive things about HAU is the personal attention.  Other than a 1 day delay with Greece (which is nothing), everything flowed well.  Dean Martin answered all my questions over these last few months (I'm a pain).  She's actually running the first class (Business Landscape) - there are 4 students including me.  Between our communications and completion of first class, the Dean will know me pretty well.  That's a "Relationship" - something I did not have with WGU.  Nothing against those who graduated WGU - you guys/gals are amazing!  The relationship is important for me.  I feel more accountable (and even thankful).  The HAU MBA is also a better choice for me since I've got only moderate business experience.  I'd miss something with acceleration.  Here are the remaining benefits that are important to me: Paper OR electronic materials (I read computer screens 10+ hours a day).  Most classes are 7 weeks long (though they're saying Accounting and Finance may change to 14 weeks soon and electives are 14 weeks).  You have some ability to customize your electives (request a Masters level class not listed on the HAU MBA website or approved self-directed electives).  It's 3K (this may be the last semester but it does not hurt to ask).  At first, I was excited about cramming as many WGU Masters classes into a semester.  My stress went up when I realized, oh crap this is going to take another 4K semester.  HAU is one and done (plus $ for books and possibly graduation).  Regionally Accredited.  Greece connection is cool - I'll have to, "See it for myself" :Smile Nashua, NH is 30 mins from most of my family in Massachusetts (though I live 5 states away).  There are other benefits I'm not thinking about rn.  Certainly, I can report back to the forum as I learn more and take the classes.
[-] The following 2 users Like jb111's post:
  • allvia, collegecareerstudent
I decided to pull the trigger and see if they'll honor the $3k price for me. I don't see myself getting a high-priced local MBA so this is probably the next best ROI for me.
In Progress: MBA - HAUniv, Anticipated 2024
Completed: BSBA OpMgmt - TESU June 2021

UG - AP Tests: 20 credits | APICS: 12 Credits | CLEP: 6 credits | Saylor Academy: 6 credits | Sophia.org: 27 credits | Study.com: 12 credits | Davar Academy: 3 credits | TESU: 15 credits | Other College: 99.5 credits
GR - HAUniv: 9 credits
[-] The following 3 users Like Flelm's post:
  • allvia, jb111, rachel83az
Flelm Wrote:I decided to pull the trigger and see if they'll honor the $3k price for me. I don't see myself getting a high-priced local MBA so this is probably the next best ROI for me.

That's great! Let us know what they say! I agree, I wouldn't pay for a high priced MBA unless work pays the entire thing, as I don't have tuition assistance, I would go for something more affordable.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(02-03-2022, 03:37 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
Flelm Wrote:I decided to pull the trigger and see if they'll honor the $3k price for me. I don't see myself getting a high-priced local MBA so this is probably the next best ROI for me.

That's great!  Let us know what they say!  I agree, I wouldn't pay for a high priced MBA unless work pays the entire thing, as I don't have tuition assistance, I would go for something more affordable.

Admissions: As far as the fee structure is concerned, Ms. Marieke Martin, Dean of the Campus, can confirm the fees structure to you. In the meantime, and if possible, could you please let us know on which website you saw the information about the expiration of the $3000 tuition cost?

Me: On https://mba.hauniv.edu/get-an-mba-your-way/, there is a statement: "The $3,000 tuition cost is a limited time offer for new US students enrolling through our Nashua, NH campus. To receive the $3,000 price, students must be enrolled by November 1, 2021. Limited seats are available for the term. Secure your spot now."

Dean Martin: Thank you for your questions. Yes, the $3,000.00 scholarship price is still available. The Admissions office will note your application.

So I have a choice to make. Time for a decision matrix.

UG - AP Tests: 20 credits | APICS: 12 Credits | CLEP: 6 credits | Saylor Academy: 6 credits | Sophia.org: 27 credits | Study.com: 12 credits | Davar Academy: 3 credits | TESU: 15 credits | Other College: 99.5 credits
Go for it !
(02-03-2022, 12:10 PM)Flelm Wrote: Admissions: As far as the fee structure is concerned, Ms. Marieke Martin, Dean of the Campus, can confirm the fees structure to you. In the meantime, and if possible, could you please let us know on which website you saw the information about the expiration of the $3000 tuition cost?

Me: On https://mba.hauniv.edu/get-an-mba-your-way/, there is a statement: "The $3,000 tuition cost is a limited time offer for new US students enrolling through our Nashua, NH campus. To receive the $3,000 price, students must be enrolled by November 1, 2021. Limited seats are available for the term. Secure your spot now."

Dean Martin: Thank you for your questions. Yes, the $3,000.00 scholarship price is still available. The Admissions office will note your application.

So I have a choice to make. Time for a decision matrix.

Do it!!! Where else can you get a master's for $3000???
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • collegecareerstudent
(02-03-2022, 12:21 PM)ss20ts Wrote: Do it!!! Where else can you get a master's for $3000???

ENEB?  Rolleyes

I mean, UofPeople? But yeah. I probably will, I just need to sleep on it.

[-] The following 2 users Like Flelm's post:
  • collegecareerstudent, jsd
(02-03-2022, 12:23 PM)Flelm Wrote:
(02-03-2022, 12:21 PM)ss20ts Wrote: Do it!!! Where else can you get a master's for $3000???

ENEB?  Rolleyes

I mean, UofPeople? But yeah. I probably will, I just need to sleep on it.

Does that even count? LOL

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ENEB to UK top up masters possible? Atoshi 1 206 04-23-2024, 11:21 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Kairos University Masters in Counseling Wnt2BLPC 9 776 04-18-2024, 11:46 AM
Last Post: MichiganMax
  best MBA/Masters in Finance programs after UMPI? CFPhopeful 7 528 04-07-2024, 08:51 PM
Last Post: Mjake260
  New Purdue (Main) online masters in AI smartdegree 7 750 03-20-2024, 04:08 PM
  Cheap Online Software Engineering Masters? yellow_gambit 4 416 03-17-2024, 11:58 PM
Last Post: nyvrem
  A very big thank you to this group. I have completed my Masters in IT from PUG NewatTESU 31 4,438 03-14-2024, 11:07 PM
Last Post: walruspanda
  Comp Sci (or related) Masters? Options? techmama 17 3,189 03-02-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: KMcLean
  ENEB MASTERS Accreditation, Questions Sara143 10 1,922 02-20-2024, 02:33 PM
  Teesside University has some interesting Masters programs that cost around 9k USD nyvrem 5 655 02-17-2024, 07:01 AM
Last Post: Tomas
  Masters level credits from Sophia and others? jb111 24 1,884 02-09-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: Darknigh7