Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Information Literacy
I just completed the final exam for Information Literacy (98/100), and thought I'd provide my insights. I started the course on 5/1 and completed the course (the final exam is 100% of your grade) today, 5/6. Basically, I printed EVERYTHING in the course content sections, went thru the course modules twice, took the module quizes until I had 100% of each one and used them as study aids. I read over the required reading once, and took the exam. You will have 1 1/2 hours to complete it, and of course you can use all notes. I had them laid out in 5 stacks, one for each module. I went thru the exam questions and answered the questions, then went back and reviewed each one against my printed notes. I still had more than 1/2 hour remaining when I finished. As others have pointed out, this is an easy exam- nothing compared to any CLEP or DSST exam- read over the info, print it out for reference- and I believe that it would be virtually impossible to fail this one!
-Need 6 more credits for Excelsior College BS in General Business
-Tested out of 46 credits to date
Credits to finish:
Operations Mgmt-CSU-Pueblo MGMT 311
Business Policy- CSU Pueblo MGMT 485 or TESC exam???
hunter2115 Wrote:I just completed the final exam for Information Literacy (98/100), and thought I'd provide my insights. I started the course on 5/1 and completed the course (the final exam is 100% of your grade) today, 5/6. Basically, I printed EVERYTHING in the course content sections, went thru the course modules twice, took the module quizes until I had 100% of each one and used them as study aids. I read over the required reading once, and took the exam. You will have 1 1/2 hours to complete it, and of course you can use all notes. I had them laid out in 5 stacks, one for each module. I went thru the exam questions and answered the questions, then went back and reviewed each one against my printed notes. I still had more than 1/2 hour remaining when I finished. As others have pointed out, this is an easy exam- nothing compared to any CLEP or DSST exam- read over the info, print it out for reference- and I believe that it would be virtually impossible to fail this one!

Well done Hunter,

98% is an awesome score. It's feels great to get this pesky little one-credit course out of the way doesn't it?

The most difficult two parts of this course are paying the overblown fees, and reading the exhaustive material. I found the exam to be the easiest part of the whole thing.
hilarious

I think people tend to fear this one...and I'm not exactly sure why. I wonder if it is because it is so expensive? Perhaps people think it must be very difficult if it costs so much! Or perhaps they are nervous about failing it and having to pay the huge fee again, so they delay the inevitable for as long as possible.

Whatever their reasons may be, your feedback is one more voice added to the growing chorus of people all saying that this course is nothing to be afraid of.

If anyone out there is feeling a bit anxious about this course, don't be! Just go ahead and pay the fee, take the course, pass the exam, and move on! You'll be glad once you get it over with and out of the way.

Congratulations once again Hunter..and thanks for sharing your insights,
Snazzlefrag
My name is Rob

Total Credits: 142 (12 not used).
[SIZE=1]GPA: 4.0
[/SIZE]
I agree. I started on May 1st also and finished on May 3rd. I'm afraid I didn't even go to as much trouble as Hunter. You can take the quizes over and over until you get a perfect score. The final is the only test you can only take once. I got a 95% but then...it really does not matter as it is a pass/fail grade. I got a P. Its definately a way for them to make a little extra money. The only thing that disappointed me more than that was that the one credit you do get is placed in the "Professional credits" category and is not counted toward the credits you need for the degree. Well...at least its done.
Name: Lynda
Completed hours:126/ Hours completed by test:100
School:Excelsior Degree:BGB
All tests completed!
Classes in Progress-
Business Strategy
Operations Management
Algebra
FINITO! on August 15th- if I can pass Algebra that is...Big Grin )
I just started this now and am reading through the first module. Believe it or not, I'm finding it personally useful already.

Five years ago I went out into the world to rent my first apartment, and when the landlord did a background check, I had 5 evictions on my record dating back to when I was 14! Obviously someone stole my identity, but until now I've had a tough time getting a hold of that tenant report with out dishing out money and having to go through the court system to figure it all out. In the first page I read through on the Info. Literacy course, it gave a website to check your tenant history, and dispute information. I guess for me the $250 wasn't so bad after all. Big Grin
[SIZE="1"]Ana
[COLOR="DarkRed"]96 credits completed (93 by exam)
BS in General Business, Excelsior College (33 credits remaining)
Next exams: DSST Statistics, DSST Business Law 2
Recently taken: DSST Drug/Alcohol (61), CLEP French (63), ECE Gerontology (B Sad), DSST MIS (65), DSST Counseling (54), DSST Ethics (63)[/SIZE][/COLOR]
anar579 Wrote:I just started this now and am reading through the first module. Believe it or not, I'm finding it personally useful already.

Five years ago I went out into the world to rent my first apartment, and when the landlord did a background check, I had 5 evictions on my record dating back to when I was 14! Obviously someone stole my identity, but until now I've had a tough time getting a hold of that tenant report with out dishing out money and having to go through the court system to figure it all out. In the first page I read through on the Info. Literacy course, it gave a website to check your tenant history, and dispute information. I guess for me the $250 wasn't so bad after all. Big Grin
I would also agree that the course has some useful stuff in it. I cringed when I was told that a 3 credit General Studies course from U of Phoenix Online, a 4 credit course from SUNY titled "Educational Planning", and several term papers that I had previously done would not satisfy the requirement (even though they both had alot of the same info!). After completing Info Lit, I have to say that I did learn some things that I didn't learn from the other courses. But with that said, I still think $250 is a bit steep for the course. Anyway, it's a school requirement, and if we want the paper- ya gotta' do it!
-Need 6 more credits for Excelsior College BS in General Business
-Tested out of 46 credits to date
Credits to finish:
Operations Mgmt-CSU-Pueblo MGMT 311
Business Policy- CSU Pueblo MGMT 485 or TESC exam???

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  So... I decided doing a UK Level 5 on Information Technology, here's why elcastor21 15 1,013 03-09-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Metropolia Transition to Bachelor of Engineering in Information Technology aleksa 10 1,548 11-09-2023, 03:36 PM
Last Post: aleksa
  Distance Learning Information and Conversation Discord Server ThatBankDude 5 824 06-28-2023, 08:35 PM
Last Post: xianbd
  Alternatives for basic computer and information literacy dscat 7 829 02-28-2023, 10:23 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Thank you for the many years of useful information vetvso 2 500 09-25-2022, 04:29 AM
Last Post: vetvso
  Legitimacy of "US Dept of Edu Student Information Center" FrHaseKopf 4 866 06-14-2022, 08:31 AM
Last Post: carrythenothing
  Northwestern State competency based - BS in Computer Information Systems nyvrem 13 1,945 08-10-2021, 09:23 PM
Last Post: gams007
  How valid is all this information for International Students? Geta 13 1,811 08-24-2020, 08:35 PM
Last Post: Geta
  FIU Executive Certificate in Information Operations and Policy Innovation, $395 Life Long Learning 0 600 06-15-2020, 08:54 PM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  University for Information Technology? shamin 9 1,796 03-18-2019, 01:12 PM
Last Post: shamin