Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
InstantCert Transfer
Hey guys! I will be looking to fulfill these courses at Instacert (Spanish I, Managerial Accounting, American Government, and Business Ethics) to transfer to UMPI. I love would an insight on how Instacert work from a user experience perspective. Also has anyone ever failed the final and still passed a course? And what are some tips and tricks for either one of these courses? What is the grading scale for as the number of points needed to pass a course? (I KNOW ITS A LOADED POST BUT I CANT CONTAIN MY EXCITEMENT!!  Big Grin)
Why Business Ethics? It doesn't transfer as Introduction to Ethics. It also doesn't transfer in for BUS353. Sophia's Introduction to Ethics class is going to transfer for the GEC.

I wouldn't worry about failing the exam. Not sure why people have that mindset to begin with. How many points you need to pass depends on each course and how the points are distributed. It's not the same for every course. I would focus on doing the best you can than a specific number of points. At UMPI you will need to earn a minimum of an 80 on every Final Assessment to pass. No time like the present to work towards that number.
(02-19-2022, 07:13 PM)ss20ts Wrote: Why Business Ethics? It doesn't transfer as Introduction to Ethics. It also doesn't transfer in for BUS353. Sophia's Introduction to Ethics class is going to transfer for the GEC.

I wouldn't worry about failing the exam. Not sure why people have that mindset to begin with. How many points you need to pass depends on each course and how the points are distributed. It's not the same for every course. I would focus on doing the best you can than a specific number of points. At UMPI you will need to earn a minimum of an 80 on every Final Assessment to pass. No time like the present to work towards that number.
Not worry about failing but I always want to look at all possible scenarios - For as Business Ethics I guess I was misinformed. I read that it may transfer in is BUS353.
Business Ethics in the past did not transfer in as BUS353. I see on the transfer list that it has been accepted as BUS353 recently. So it may and it may not transfer. They've made a lot of changes this year and some classes seen to transfer for some and not others. It looks like the InstantCert course is going to be more work than the single paper at UMPI for this class. There are 4 exams in this class on InstantCert. There's a single paper for the Final Assessment at UMPI. You also need to make sure you complete most of your UL courses at UMPI.

What degree are you going for?
(02-19-2022, 07:35 PM)ss20ts Wrote: Business Ethics in the past did not transfer in as BUS353. I see on the transfer list that it has been accepted as BUS353 recently. So it may and it may not transfer. They've made a lot of changes this year and some classes seen to transfer for some and not others. It looks like the InstantCert course is going to be more work than the single paper at UMPI for this class. There are 4 exams in this class on InstantCert. There's a single paper for the Final Assessment at UMPI. You also need to make sure you complete most of your UL courses at UMPI.

What degree are you going for?
Going for BABA. Honestly I might just do the Spanish I. I want to cut down on classes a bit, but we will see.
I would do Spanish 1 and American Government. American Government is a REALLY easy class at UMPI. It's a short paper like 3 pages. The course content only takes a few hours. Definitely take Spanish 1 on InstantCert. The professor can be difficult. You will also have writing and speaking in Spanish in the UMPI course. You don't on InstantCert.

BUS353 is a pretty good class. The paper isn't difficult. I had to do a case study when I took it last year. For me, it's not worth 4 exams instead of 1 paper. I'd rather write a paper that take a bunch of exams. I'm also not a fan of proctoring.
(02-19-2022, 06:53 PM)jb0433 Wrote: Hey guys! I will be looking to fulfill these courses at Instacert (Spanish I, Managerial Accounting, American Government, and Business Ethics) to transfer to UMPI. I love would an insight on how Instacert work from a user experience perspective. Also has anyone ever failed the final and still passed a course? And what are some tips and tricks for either one of these courses? What is the grading scale for as the number of points needed to pass a course? (I KNOW ITS A LOADED POST BUT I CANT CONTAIN MY EXCITEMENT!!  Big Grin)

Hey there. I took Managerial Accounting and American Government at Instantcert. American government was a very simple and easy course to do, but I really had a hard time with the managerial accounting in the format provided. I passed, but was not satisfied with it and took it again at Study.com to get a better grasp of things and found the overall learning experience was much better through their interface. I think I ended up with a 93 in the end and went into my UMPI courses feeling a lot more prepared.

Your mileage may vary, but that was my experience and I ran across another person on the forum who also had a tough time with it. The thread we crossed paths in was here and it outlines the challenges in more detail. 

https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ng-at-UMPI

I don't think the IC course content was any harder, but I had a much harder time absorbing the information. 

Best of luck in your education path!!

S
(02-19-2022, 06:53 PM)jb0433 Wrote: Hey guys! I will be looking to fulfill these courses at Instacert (Spanish I, Managerial Accounting, American Government, and Business Ethics) to transfer to UMPI. I love would an insight on how Instacert work from a user experience perspective. Also has anyone ever failed the final and still passed a course? And what are some tips and tricks for either one of these courses? What is the grading scale for as the number of points needed to pass a course? (I KNOW ITS A LOADED POST BUT I CANT CONTAIN MY EXCITEMENT!!  Big Grin)

At Instantcert, I studied Managerial Accounting and American Government. While American government was a breeze to complete, I struggled mightily with the managerial accounting assignment given in this style. I did well enough to pass, but I wasn't happy with my performance, so I retook the test at Study.com to have a deeper understanding of the material. Ultimately, I believe I earned a 93 and felt much more prepared for my UMPI classes as a result.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Transfer and see what transfers, BEFORE starting the degree? ecdw94 8 372 03-24-2024, 01:27 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  HELP! SDC to UMPI transfer jrock87 3 202 03-16-2024, 12:14 AM
Last Post: jrock87
  Can I transfer credits after applying? annanotherone 8 476 02-22-2024, 11:39 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Transfer credit help needed - UMPI for BA in Accounting Sarajane 15 1,749 02-06-2024, 07:12 PM
  Does CLEP College Composition MODULAR transfer? octoco 2 318 01-11-2024, 10:25 PM
  Official Transfer Course Equivalencies Holmes 11 5,551 01-03-2024, 08:54 PM
Last Post: lynnii2
  How long is it taking for Jessica to reach out after Transfer Credit Report completed octoco 7 618 12-19-2023, 09:17 PM
  UMPI Transfer Credit Questions Cb1818c 2 499 12-02-2023, 03:05 PM
Last Post: Ncerva
  2024 transfer Wk17 7 677 10-16-2023, 01:16 PM
  UNA Accounting Completion Transfer Credits? whimsyUnleashed 2 466 09-29-2023, 12:36 AM
Last Post: turbotortuga