Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
InstantCert in your own Words - Personal Reviews
When my husband and I first started on this 'journey' back in February of 2006 I was so happy I had someone to be doing this with, that I wouldn't be alone, that I had someone to turn to and I thought at least we had each other. I wondered how successful we really would be. We bought the IStudySmart package and it wasn't working for us. Then he stumbled across InstantCert. After we both passed our first test (Soc-CLEP) WE WERE HOOKED! And then we found this site where we discovered other 'classmates'. We didn't feel so alone. When we had questions their were others who had gone before us to ask. My husband finished his last test towards the end of May. He was able to totally test out of a MIS Degree. I am going to be able to totally test out of a Psychology and most of my Accouting Degree. This has been a dream come true for both of us. In fact it's one that I never even let myself dream. No longer will doors be shut to me when I am capable of doing a job but don't have their requirements. I feel like anything is possible now. Thank you InstantCert Classmates and thank you Steve, you've touched and changed many peoples' lives for the better!
Dawn
Taking the Road Less Traveled
The Journey of A Thousand Miles Starts with The First CLEP

BS-Psychology - Excelsior College
Enrolled in the School of Business, BS in Accounting
After MIS I'll be halfway there!
72 CLEP Credits, 21 DSST Credits, 25 ECE Credits (Including Inf Lit), 6 TESC Credits, 2 FEMA Credits = 126 Total
Withholding 6 Credits for Accounting = 120 for Psychology
12 credits completed toward my accounting degree
Instantcert is awsome. I started my journey with instantcert when my old college lost ninety quarter hours and I was back to square one to get my bachelor's. I stumbled on this site and fell in love with the members who shared their experience and advice so generously. Along the way I have shared this site with others who have taken advantage and already graduated. My son and I will soon be graduating and it is all because of the study cards, specific forum and advice of those who have gone before. THANKS TO ALL WHO HAVE HELPED ALONG THE WAY. Best $20.00 a month I ever spent on education.
A.S. General Transfer Chattanooga State 2009
B.S.L.A. Thomas Edison State College June 7, 2013
33 CLEP
18 DSST
ClepStudyGuide Wrote:I take CLEP, Dantes (DSST), and Excelsior test because it means you SAVE THOUSANDS of dollars and GRADUATE FASTER! But many people ignore this little known secret because they think studying will be harder. WRONG! Because that's were InstantCert Academy saves the day Smile

I use InstantCert.com CLEP, Dantes (DSST), and Excelsior Practice Test Study Guides because they are the quickest and easiest way to study for the exam. Regardless of your prior knowledge of the subject, your test-taking skills, or the difficulty of the particular exam you're studying for, InstantCert takes you from zero knowledge of the subject to exam-ready in a matter of JUST days. No studying bulky textbooks and hundreds of pages of fluff here, you'll be spoon fed only the main points. I've already PASSED 7 exams and still going! So learn the material, pass the test, graduate faster, and save that $10,000 for a trip to the Bahamas!!!

LOL, if I wasn't already a member with a bunch of tests under my belt, I would not believe this for a minute. I'd say, "yeah right. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is" and click away to another page.
Lyanne

DSST (27)
Personal Finance - 448 Astronomy - 61 Civil War and Reconstruction - 68 History of Vietnam War - 68 Substance Abuse - 59 World Religions - 473 Rise and Fall of the Soviet Union - 55 Environment and Humanity: Race to Save the Planet -61 Intro to Modern Middle East - 58
CLEP (48)
American Literature-73 American Government-62 U.S. History I - 64 U.S. History II -73 A&I Literature - 75 Western Civ I - 58 Western Civ II - 61 English Literature - 67 Humanities -76 Intro Sociology - 62 Social Sciences & History - 69
Other (43)
English Composition, Literature & Composition, Art Appreciation, General Psychology, Intro to Anthropology, Abnormal Psychology, Travel Agency Operations, Advanced Hospitality (7 credits), Intro Computer Software, Digital Photography, War and American Society, TESC Capstone
ALEKS (3)
Intermediate Algebra

**Not official, but BA History at Thomas Edison State College!!!!!!*
Instacert is the only way I will be able to finish my degree.

About year ago my friend told me about IC, CLEP, DSST ect. I had no idea that this was even an option. I thought I would never finish. I have many family responsibilities that make attending B&M impossible. Not to mention the cost. I simply cannot afford the traditional education.

If it wasn't for this forum I wouldn't know where to start. The advice from everyone is invaluable. cheersmate
TESC BSBA
1A – Eng 101 & 102 SL – Business Communications SL – College Algebra ALEKS 73% - Intermediate Algebra ALEKS 74%
1B – Macro SL – Micro SL – Business Stats 80% ALEKS – Substance Abuse DSST 450 – Environment and Humanity DSST 55 – Intro to Psychology CLEP 56
1C – Intro to Religion DSST 445 – Ethics in America DSST 443 – Sociology CLEP 58
1D – Pre-Cal ALEKS 76% - Tech Writing DSST – I need to choose 4 more
2A – Business Law CLEP 57 – Intro to Comp DSST 443 – Principles of Financial Accounting SL – Managerial Accounting SL – Marketing CLEP – Principles of Finance DSST – Business Ethics and Society DSST – Strategic Management Capstone – Management CLEP 50
2B – Money and Banking DSST - Marketing need to choose one – MIS DSST 415 – Organizational Behavior DSST – Human Resource Management DSST
2C – Principles of Supervision DSST – Intro to Business CLEP – Business Law 2 DSST 49
2D – Personal Finance DSST 446 – HTYH DSST 435
Most of my success is owed to the REA books and not instantcert. I only used instantcert for about three of my twenty or so exams and courses. I find the flashcads a good way to review before taking the test but would never rely on them. Reading a well written book has advantages beyond learning the material. I believe that good readers make good writers so pick up a book and start reading.
BSBA CIS from TESC, BA Natural Science/Math from TESC
MBA Applied Computer Science from NCU
Enrolled at NCU in the PhD Applied Computer Science
I love IC as I used it plus the forum feedback for almost every one of my tests. I don't necessarily use it alone, but it points me in the right direction for what I need to study. So I see a concept on a card. If I don't know anything about it, I'll watch a youtube lecture or review another website, typically one that is recommended by our forum members in the specific feedback thread.

I like IC better than buying a textbook because it's really focused on what I need to learn for the test. It's a huge time saver!! I would not have gone through so many credits so quickly without it.

Thank you IC!! Smile
Regis University, ITESO, Global MBA with a focus in Emerging Markets 4.0 GPA, Dual-university degree (Spanish/English) 
COSC BS, Business Admin

My BS Credits:
Spanish 80 | Humanities 67 | A & I Lit 72 | Sub Abuse 452 | Bus Ethics 445 | Tech Writ 62 | Math 53 | HTYH 454 | Am. Govt 65 | Env & Humanity 64 | Marketing 65 | Micro 61| Mgmt 63| Org Behavior 65| MIS 446|Computing 432 | BL II 61 | M&B 50 | Finance 411 | Supervision 437| Intro Bus. 439| Law Enforcement 63|  SL: Accounting I B | Accounting II C+| Macro A | ECE: Labor Relations A | Capstone: A| FEMA PDS Cert 
I personally have only used IC to drill for the College Composition Modular test, which I am due to take hopefully this week. Next up is A&I Lit which doesn't really have a study guide, so my "formal" IC experience is limited. I do expect to use it in conjunction w/ Peterson's, REA, Comex, etc much more in the future.

I will say however that this forum is amazing! I was looking for CLEP prep info and the chain of discovery went like this:

Free-Clep-Prep.com -> InstantCert.com -> DegreeForum.net -> mind blown.

I am simply amazed at how many people are succeeding through this service. And more importantly, how many people are supporting and being supported by other members. In less than a month I have gone from a PhD in Slack to lining up a full CIS program at TESC, looking for a program for my wife, and trying to blaze a trail for my two wonderful step-kids. :willynilly:

So in short, THANK YOU EVERYONE!! :hurray:
...as is well known on this forum, I have a dissenting opinion. I will share it because it was the lack of dissenting opinions expressed on this board that made me feel an unwarranted comfort in using InstantCert.

The shortened story is that InstantCert takes forever to go through and doesn't teach you anything. I can imagine it being a good source for review, but that is not how it is advertised- all the claims are about InstantCert being a main source for study, when it is most definitely more of a supplemental resource. Sure, if you memorize each card, you will likely pass your test, but that takes forever in comparison to just looking over the highlights of a textbook which would yield the exact same results in much less time. Also, if you use InstantCert only, ok fine, you will have just enough information on enough potential questions to pass your test, but you will not actually learn anything.

Conclusion: InstantCert is an auxiliary study tool, not a primary study tool. My advice for those who wish to use it is study first, and if you need some extra help, InstantCert probably isn't a bad way to go. If you want to save time and money, skip InstantCert altogether.
SMS, SGB, GEN, NG, TG16, NES, SNES

[Image: ccoDZ6X.png]

dcan Wrote:Free-Clep-Prep.com
:iagree: Bar none, that is the best site for study.
SMS, SGB, GEN, NG, TG16, NES, SNES

[Image: ccoDZ6X.png]

Maniac Craniac Wrote:...as is well known on this forum, I have a dissenting opinion. I will share it because it was the lack of dissenting opinions expressed on this board that made me feel an unwarranted comfort in using InstantCert.

The shortened story is that InstantCert takes forever to go through and doesn't teach you anything. I can imagine it being a good source for review, but that is not how it is advertised- all the claims are about InstantCert being a main source for study, when it is most definitely more of a supplemental resource. Sure, if you memorize each card, you will likely pass your test, but that takes forever in comparison to just looking over the highlights of a textbook which would yield the exact same results in much less time. Also, if you use InstantCert only, ok fine, you will have just enough information on enough potential questions to pass your test, but you will not actually learn anything.

Conclusion: InstantCert is an auxiliary study tool, not a primary study tool. My advice for those who wish to use it is study first, and if you need some extra help, InstantCert probably isn't a bad way to go. If you want to save time and money, skip InstantCert altogether.

Dissenting to your dissenting Wink

The thing that makes IC so good is that it doesn't have a lot of extra crap. It focuses on what you need to know for the test. If a topic comes up that you already know, review the card and move on. If something comes up and looks totally foreign to you, you'll need to get another resource like a free internet site to learn more about it. But what you don't have to do is wade through an entire book or series of websites and re-read stuff that as an adult in the professional world, you may already have learned.

I wouldn't use IC alone to teach my 15 year old. He uses IC as a supplement and it helps him review everything that he has learned and reinforce what he'll need to know for the test.

So, I guess I think that for an adult learner, IC is wonderful... at least it has been for me. My younger brother graduated from COSC years ago and used ONLY IC and nothing else... he didn't even know about the forum. Yes, I've asked him whether he even used supplemental websites and he did not. I wouldn't have been able to pass tests like principles of finance or money & banking like that, but probably for the easier tests, I could have.

I also love free-clep-prep and wish I had discovered it right away when I first started. It's one of the sites I went to frequently while I was using IC.
Regis University, ITESO, Global MBA with a focus in Emerging Markets 4.0 GPA, Dual-university degree (Spanish/English) 
COSC BS, Business Admin

My BS Credits:
Spanish 80 | Humanities 67 | A & I Lit 72 | Sub Abuse 452 | Bus Ethics 445 | Tech Writ 62 | Math 53 | HTYH 454 | Am. Govt 65 | Env & Humanity 64 | Marketing 65 | Micro 61| Mgmt 63| Org Behavior 65| MIS 446|Computing 432 | BL II 61 | M&B 50 | Finance 411 | Supervision 437| Intro Bus. 439| Law Enforcement 63|  SL: Accounting I B | Accounting II C+| Macro A | ECE: Labor Relations A | Capstone: A| FEMA PDS Cert 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Two Words: MADE IN AMERICA LevelUP 20 1,479 10-14-2022, 02:20 PM
Last Post: martamarti
  Personal Finance MrPanda 11 1,479 07-25-2022, 04:17 AM
Last Post: itsbacl
  Banished Words List Alpha 0 513 12-31-2021, 06:03 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  I've lost access to the "Specific Exam Feedback - InstantCert Subscribers ONLY" group Nerdymcnerdface 9 3,649 09-27-2019, 10:09 AM
Last Post: Zham
  Instantcert mobile app??? mlwilliamsiv 1 1,767 02-19-2018, 07:14 PM
Last Post: zapproximator
  Are you taking courses more for personal development than career development? StoicJ 11 2,477 06-03-2017, 04:24 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Question concerning ALEKS, Instantcert Shenny 4 1,603 11-21-2016, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Shenny
  Delete InstantCert Posts Clarebugg 9 2,533 10-13-2016, 07:38 AM
Last Post: cookderosa
  InstantCert Ranks Clarebugg 4 1,553 10-06-2016, 09:45 PM
Last Post: Lindagerr
  I Appreciate you Instantcert TESUAbroad 3 1,373 09-15-2016, 11:00 AM
Last Post: ShotoJuku