Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Intermediate Accounting I and II self-paced options?
So I need to transcript credit for these two classes -- and I need it quicker than the usual two semesters it would take to finish the sequence.  Other than the LSU independent study program, do I have any options?  Must be RA at an absolute minimum... and would prefer it not break the bank.

(Yes, I do have the sophomore-level accounting credits on one of my many transcripts.)
TECEPs could be an option self-paced and cheap. But it doesn't come with a grade only p/f. But it is RA credit just not graded RA credit. Might work for your circumstances, ask your school if those would work.

There is also BYU independent study.
(05-22-2020, 06:24 PM)natshar Wrote: TECEPs could be an option self-paced and cheap. But it doesn't come with a grade only p/f. But it is RA credit just not graded RA credit. Might work for your circumstances, ask your school if those would work.

Yeah, I saw BYU, but they stop at what looks like, to me, the intro-level Sophomore classes.  It's a shame, because their prices are so good...

(It's not in my OP, but I already have a BS in-hand, if that makes any difference if TESC would transcript such tests.)  (EDIT: Doesn't matter, Federal Taxation is there, which is usually taken AFTER the Intermediate sequence, but not the intermediate credits themselves)
(05-22-2020, 06:34 PM)RDUstudent Wrote:
(05-22-2020, 06:24 PM)natshar Wrote: TECEPs could be an option self-paced and cheap. But it doesn't come with a grade only p/f. But it is RA credit just not graded RA credit. Might work for your circumstances, ask your school if those would work.

Yeah, I saw BYU, but they stop at what looks like, to me, the intro-level Sophomore classes.  It's a shame, because their prices are so good...

(It's not in my OP, but I already have a BS in-hand, if that makes any difference if TESC would transcript such tests.)  (EDIT: Doesn't matter, Federal Taxation is there, which is usually taken AFTER the Intermediate sequence, but not the intermediate credits themselves)

Yeah TESU transcribes it. You might have to be enrolled in a program, but that doesn't mean anything it's not like you have to finish it. It comes on a TESU transcript.

And BYU they are labeled ACC-200 not 100 and also there is Intro to Accounting 2 which is labeled ACC-300. 

You are right though these courses are probably not what you need. Hopefully, you can find what you need somewhere.

Maybe check out Community College many offer short 5 or 7-week sessions and with the virus most schools summer courses are online. Check out NMJC they are the cheapest around for out of state I know. Check local as well.
(05-22-2020, 06:55 PM)natshar Wrote:
(05-22-2020, 06:34 PM)RDUstudent Wrote:

Yeah TESU transcribes it. You might have to be enrolled in a program, but that doesn't mean anything it's not like you have to finish it. It comes on a TESU transcript.

And BYU they are labeled ACC-200 not 100 and also there is Intro to Accounting 2 which is labeled ACC-300. 

You are right though these courses are probably not what you need. Hopefully, you can find what you need somewhere.

Maybe check out Community College many offer short 5 or 7-week sessions and with the virus most schools summer courses are online. Check out NMJC they are the cheapest around for out of state I know. Check local as well.

Where I need the classes will take community college credit ONLY from the very particular community college in their county (Wake County, NC).  From any other CC, it's a no-go.  If I had the time, Georgia Southwestern seems to have all the accounting classes you want at a very good rate, they're just on the full 15-week semester system, and they break Intermediate down into three semesters... but they're AACSB, so for someone in a bit less of a time-crunch they offer a very good utility.
Upper Iowa University has Intermediate I and II as self-paced. It’s RA and (I think) a little cheaper that LSU, but LSU is AACSB and I don’t think UIU has any of the 3 business school accreditations—not sure to what degree that matters.

You could probably also do it though UCLA, but that one fails the whole “don’t break the bank” thing.
CSU-Global has Intermediate Accounting I & II as SSA's for $250 each - although you have to be enrolled for another course to take them. But if there was something you wanted to take anyway, maybe an UL course, and then take those 2 SSA's at the same time, you could get all 3 courses for $1445, which averages out to $481/course or $161/cr, which is not bad.

BTW - the price of $315/cr is with the 10% discount for the OnlineDegree.com scholarship.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 22 1,554 03-15-2024, 05:30 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Eastern University Self-Paced online Degrees natshar 2 601 03-06-2024, 10:03 PM
Last Post: jumlouh
  Cheap Self-Paced Language Courses or courses IN said languages? nykorn 4 412 12-09-2023, 12:06 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  Tuition Payment Options lidel 0 289 11-09-2023, 08:51 AM
Last Post: lidel
  Fast, Self Paced, preferrably cheap RA credits elcastor21 6 870 09-12-2023, 08:20 PM
Last Post: Cofffeee
  2023-2024 Pell Grant Max: $7395 (Options to use this) bjcheung77 8 1,338 07-31-2023, 10:53 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Regionally Accredited Self Paced Courses for College Credit BMWGuinness 5 2,767 04-27-2023, 12:25 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Best Self-Paced Online Colleges Alpha 2 972 01-16-2023, 11:48 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Self paced physics I and II with lab dustyflyer 8 2,035 09-12-2022, 05:23 PM
Last Post: Hometeacher628
  BYU Pathway Worldwide - Ensign College (BYU-I Partnership Undergrad Options) bjcheung77 2 1,046 08-29-2022, 01:10 PM
Last Post: rachel83az