Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Intermediate Accounting II
Synicaal Wrote:I am about 70% done with the quizzes and about 1/3 done with the final project, aiming to turn in project tomorrow so I am ready to take the final on Saturday when it becomes available.

What is the final project like?
bghill Wrote:What is the final project like?

For this one its easy, a start up company wants your advice on what type of business to start (i.e. sole proprietorship, partnership, corporation), they want to know their short term, long term and estimated liabilities, and recommendations on how to depreciate the company's assets. Main point in the narrative is it states the owner has a very high concern about Taxes, so I have been throwing in a lot of tax reasons. I am not 2/3 down with the project and 85% done with the quizzes. Should all be finished today at some point.

UPDATE: Quizzes all completed with 100% , Final Project Turned In!!, Just waiting on December 3rd to take the Proctored Final Exam!
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
Has anyone taken their online accounting courses at Columbia College? This is their course listing and they have a syllabus posted for each course https://www.ccis.edu/online/schedule/sch...53&acyr=16

I might take my Intermediate I and II and Auditing courses there instead of UIU. Its $290 per credit, which isn't too bad at all compared to other online programs.
And there's this place Oakton Community College (Illinois).

I know nothing about them, but their website says they charge the in-district tuition of $123.25/semester hour (as they put it) for online classes.
bghill Wrote:And there's this place Oakton Community College (Illinois).

I know nothing about them, but their website says they charge the in-district tuition of $123.25/semester hour (as they put it) for online classes.

Resident Category

Cost

Residents of District 535*

$123.25

District residents over age 60

$61.60

Employees of approved in-district companies

$123.25

Illinois residents, out-of-district

$342.00

Out-of-state residents or visa holders (except refugee, parolee or asylum)

$415.00

*Distance learning students are charged in-district rates.

Hmm this may be a really good option, thanks I will look into it. At first I was like $415 per credit no thanks but then saw the little * and what it meant. I will look into this and report back when I get some more info. Only down side is that they give 4 credits for this class making it more then it should be in price. Maybe I wont have to take the 1 lab hour credit that it comes with. Once again I will look into it and report back my findings.

QUICK UPDATE: Contacted School, It is definetly 123.25/credit for online students. There is a $25 app fee and $50 technology fee per course. Will cost me 568$ to take Int Accounting II here, to me its worth it because of the type of credit it is. Will go as BM credit and help if I ever decide to go after Masters/CPA. They offer per month payment which I am figuring out details now. I did my application and just waiting to here back so I can sign up and see what the pricing looks like for a payment plan.

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
Synicaal Wrote:Resident Category

Cost

Residents of District 535*

$123.25

District residents over age 60

$61.60

Employees of approved in-district companies

$123.25

Illinois residents, out-of-district

$342.00

Out-of-state residents or visa holders (except refugee, parolee or asylum)

$415.00

*Distance learning students are charged in-district rates.

Hmm this may be a really good option, thanks I will look into it. At first I was like $415 per credit no thanks but then saw the little * and what it meant. I will look into this and report back when I get some more info. Only down side is that they give 4 credits for this class making it more then it should be in price. Maybe I wont have to take the 1 lab hour credit that it comes with. Once again I will look into it and report back my findings.

QUICK UPDATE: Contacted School, It is definetly 123.25/credit for online students. There is a $25 app fee and $50 technology fee per course. Will cost me 568$ to take Int Accounting II here, to me its worth it because of the type of credit it is. Will go as BM credit and help if I ever decide to go after Masters/CPA. They offer per month payment which I am figuring out details now. I did my application and just waiting to here back so I can sign up and see what the pricing looks like for a payment plan.

Is this an 8 week course?
Nevermind, looks like it's 16 weeks. I wish I could find Intrrmediate I and II online through a cc that offers an 8 week term. So far I've only been able to find that through universities which are much more expensive than the typical cc.
Synicaal Wrote:Only down side is that they give 4 credits for this class making it more then it should be in price.

When I took Intermediate II at a local CC, it was a three credit course but the instructor said it should have been four credits, that's how hard it was. So I'm glad to see that it's listed as four credits there, because that's what it's worth.
BSBA/Accounting TESU (2016). MSA UIUC (2018).

Need help with portfolios? I earned 18 credits at TESU through portfolio evaluations. Nine of those were for upper level accounting courses. My advice for PLA/portfolios: TESU portfolio tips The first post has the Portfolio Checklist I created. Page ten has the actual narrative I wrote to receive credit for ACC-440.

Using Straighterline's Financial Accounting as a substitute for TESU's Intermediate Accounting I? Don't do it if you are an accounting major and/or want your CPA license. They are not the same course and I think TESU has erred in accepting the SL course as Intermediate I. I made this discovery here: Intermediate Accounting II.
Btaylor89 Wrote:Nevermind, looks like it's 16 weeks. I wish I could find Intrrmediate I and II online through a cc that offers an 8 week term. So far I've only been able to find that through universities which are much more expensive than the typical cc.

Hi, I'm one of those people reading "over your shoulder". I've also been trying to piece together an accounting degree and I'm finding the advice here extremely helpful. I'm still trying to figure things out and I'm not sure which classes, or which degree, will work best for me.

But to answer your question - I just checked my local CC and they do offer Intermediate Accounting 1 and 2 online in two eight week formats. It's Ocean County College - http://ocean.edu. I don't know if the program is any good, and I also don't know what the admission criteria is, but it might be something to check out.

Also, what about LSU or CSU Global? I thought those colleges were two options that people were using.
Goal: BSBA in Accounting through TESU, 150 credits, Credits so far: 137/150
Received: A.S. in Business Administration, Aug. 2016

Tests taken so far:
Cleps: Psychology (73), College Composition Modular (65), Social Science and History (67), Humanities (59), Marketing (72), Analyzing and Interpreting  Literature (77)
TECEP: Strategic Management Capstone (72)
Aleks: Statistics (71!)
Davar: International Management (82), Intro to Computing (80), American Government (79), Managerial Communications (70)
Study.com: Personal Finance (92), Human Growth and Development (84), Social Psychology (88) Human Resources Management (86)
The Institutes: (76)
Online Accounting Classes: Columbia College: Advanced Accounting, Tax II, TESU: Audit

Up ahead:
Study.com:  Costing, ?
Saylor: Intro to political Science?, Management Info. Systems?
TEEX
sarg123 Wrote:Hi, I'm one of those people reading "over your shoulder". I've also been trying to piece together an accounting degree and I'm finding the advice here extremely helpful. I'm still trying to figure things out and I'm not sure which classes, or which degree, will work best for me.

But to answer your question - I just checked my local CC and they do offer Intermediate Accounting 1 and 2 online in two eight week formats. It's Ocean County College - http://ocean.edu. I don't know if the program is any good, and I also don't know what the admission criteria is, but it might be something to check out. This option would be awesome but its way to expensive compared to other sources. Otherwise it would be great to get both done traditionally in one semester instead of two. To bad my CC of choice doesn't offer it this way.

Also, what about LSU or CSU Global? I thought those colleges were two options that people were using.

Yeah some people do use CSU Global, I am personally looking for a more traditional type course where I can feel I really learned my topic. Tesu-acct-student has stressed that its very important when you specialize in accounting and I agree with him/her. I personally want to get my bachelors degree within a years time but I also want to know I learned my major area very well. For me if I'm going to pay a place like Penn Foster $300 for the course, I want those credits to be RA and not just ACE. Also with these credits I will be sitting at 22 accounting credits earned from a Regionally Accredited source and wont have to worry about civil service ripping apart ACE credits(don't have any reason to think they will but still I worry about it).

Another local CC for me http://sunysccc.edu/Admissions/Tuition-Fees offers them both two and every semester but my current CC won't let me dual register because they claim they offer the same courses, and yes they do but 1 a year, No Thank you!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 22 1,562 03-15-2024, 05:30 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Need 12 Accounting Credits... TallC 6 1,216 08-17-2021, 01:40 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  ACCUMULATING ACCOUNTING CREDITS for CPA - WHAT COLLEGE TO USE AND FROM WHOM? germ 7 2,213 06-09-2020, 08:56 PM
Last Post: tjguitar85
  Intermediate Accounting I and II self-paced options? RDUstudent 6 1,405 05-23-2020, 11:25 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Teach myself Accounting natshar 7 1,862 04-05-2020, 04:20 PM
Last Post: natshar
Question list of available accounting courses udi 7 1,859 01-07-2020, 04:18 PM
Last Post: Yanji
  New CSU Global SSAs in Accounting sanantone 15 3,120 11-01-2019, 09:31 PM
Last Post: tjguitar85
  Accounting courses ultimate goal cpa Motivated2move 16 2,774 06-24-2019, 07:10 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Bachelors in Accounting and Human Resources? Jenniferinfl 47 6,417 06-17-2019, 07:34 AM
Last Post: Jenniferinfl
  Need 18 Accounting Courses or Certificate germ 3 1,459 05-21-2019, 10:42 AM
Last Post: germ