Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
International student: IELTS for TESU admission?..
Hello everyone!

Glad that I found this forum! It is such a treasure chest of precious information and I'm impressed with all the hard work you do here!
I've spent a week digging through various topics and discussions, but did not came to any info whether TESU accepts the Academic IELTS test or only TOEFL?.. Anyone on forum have had the experience with applying to TESU with IELTS? (Or maybe remember that someone on this forum did so?)

The story behind this question: I'm an adult learner, non-US resident, so definitely need to submit either IELTS or TOEFL for admission. The thing is, that I bumped into Excelsior college first, and was impressed by possibility to test-out my BS degree) So I've applied for my admission to EC and paid $50, and even sent them my IELTS test results. The remaining for a final approval is the "Identity Proof", that I need to send to EC by end of May.
Ok, then I didn't know that there are actually better options for people like me.. I am ready to switch to TESU (BSBA), and I even don't mind to say goodbye to $50 that I've already paid to Excelsior.
But the first thing I saw on their admission requirements for international students was the TOEFL.
Excelsior is a good option, I would leave my doors open for their evaluations and see what you require. Take all the courses that would transfer to BOTH schools, such as your general education requirements and even the BSBA requirements as they are SO similar. Essentially, for both schools, you take courses ELSEWHERE and transfer them in. The main course you need to take is the capstone at either school, that is it!!

At either school, you have to get your TOEFL or IELTS AND your previous credits evaluated by an approved agency (external to the school).
See here for TESU. Thomas Edison State University: Apply as an International Student
See here for Excelsior. Excelsior College

I would just use the same service from the same approved agency and send them both your earlier transcripts from overseas.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,922 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,616 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,020 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,578 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,668 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,290 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,547 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,279 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,318 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,816 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore