Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interruption during TESU exam
I finished up an exam for one of my TESU courses. I took it using ProctorU's service, which I have used a few times before, yet it took them 45 minutes to set up. I was also experienced unexpected interruptions (which was my neurotic mother having a meltdown in the background even though she was aware I was taking an exam). This was an uncomfortable series of events that led to my failing grade at the end. 

This is 25% of my final grade, and I tried contacting my mentor, who said that there was nothing that could be done by him. The Test Administration folks didn't help much either-- is there anything that can be done about this or should I just accept my loss?
It's 25% of your final grade, but what %? did you get in it? You have to factor in all the parts that make up the course. The instructor/mentor is the main go to person for anything in the course. It doesn't seem like a technical issue, more like an ability to complete the exam or correctly answer the questions due to a stressful situation.

Which course is this? What was your final grade? Are there any other areas you can "get a better" mark in to "pass" the class? I don't think any other person would have access to override the exam but the instructor/mentor. You may want to email her/him again and see if there are options to redo the exam without redoing the course.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(01-21-2020, 04:57 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: It's 25% of your final grade, but what %? did you get in it?  You have to factor in all the parts that make up the course.  The instructor/mentor is the main go to person for anything in the course.  It doesn't seem like a technical issue, more like an ability to complete the exam or correctly answer the questions due to a stressful situation.  

Which course is this?  What was your final grade?  Are there any other areas you can "get a better" mark in to "pass" the class?  I don't think any other person would have access to override the exam but the instructor/mentor.  You may want to email her/him again and see if there are options to redo the exam without redoing the course.

So far I've been doing well, the 55% was an outlier. It was just the midterm, so not sure about my final grade. And I'm not worried about not passing, I'm more worried that I would have to pay a percentage of my course my employer is paying for if I don't get an A. It's just College Geometry, and I would hate for that to be the course that messes up my GPA, I was just in a really bad mindset at the time.

My instructor was the first person I contacted, but he told me he had nothing to do with the exam as per TESU's policy and suggested I reach out to the Testing Administration. Who told me they reviewed my exam and that it was my fault because I had technical issues-- high CPU usage supposedly, but that was not something I was aware about during my exam. However, I emphasized more the technical issues I had, which led to the ProctorU people to set up for ~45min. Just not sure how I would approach them about the stressful situation honestly.
If you have medical reasons for being unable to complete a test within the given time, you might be able to get a note from your doctor and TESU may be able to help you in the future. I've heard of people getting additional time on standardized tests for anxiety, etc, but I don't know about TESU.

I'm a little confused about why high CPU usage has anything to do with it. Did you run out of time? I would suggest taking difficult classes like math for cheaper elsewhere if it's an option. It's not easy to get A's in some courses and risky if you end up having to pay.
OnlineDegree
Intro to Marketing and Strategy ($9) | Intro to Microeconomics ($9)

Study
Intro to Managerial Accounting ($70) | Advanced Accounting ($70) | Managerial Accounting ($80) | Intermediate Accounting 2 ($90) | Intermediate Accounting I ($90) | Cybersecurity Policies & Management ($80) | Management Information Systems ($80) | Data Structures & Algorithms ($80) | Intro to Programming ($70) | Computer Architecture ($70) | Calculus ($80) Database Management ($80)
Systems Analysis & Design ($70) | Discrete Math ($80) | Intro to Operation Systems ($80)

Saylor.org
Intro to Computer Science I ($25)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 17 736 4 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,983 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 262 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 233 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 273 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,161 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 392 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 726 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 569 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch