Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Intro to World Religions DSST, Anyone??
Way to go nqt! Passing is passing. Big Grin

If you're feeling like IC may have some "holes" in your studies - take advantage of the growing list of resources on the sticky for Exam Resources. And if you're not already using it, get to know wikipedia.

Good luck!
[COLOR="Purple"][SIZE="2"]
Best of luck,
Joanne [/size]
[SIZE="1"]
31 hours traditional schooling
11 Microsoft exams, 1 Linux+, 2 ICCP's, 6 CLEP's, 12 DSSTs, and 6 ECE's
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR="Plum"][SIZE="1"][SIZE="3"]Degree Completed!
BS in Liberal Studies[/SIZE]
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
nqt1976 Wrote:I get result today, pass with 49 . the exam I take come with alot of question about primal and general encept about religion which is not cover by instant cert. only a few question about taosism and confusiasm. but finally pass without further worry.

nqt,

Congratulations on yet another passed exam!

Forgive me if I am mistaken, but my guess is that English is not your first language. This is something that could potentially hinder your studies and impact your performance on the exams...but you seem to be overcoming any language barrier that may be in your way.

So extra special congratulations are in order!

You are doing great.

Keep it up,
Snazzlefrag
My name is Rob

Total Credits: 142 (12 not used).
[SIZE=1]GPA: 4.0
[/SIZE]
you are right Snazzlefrag,
my english skill not good enough, World religion is a purnishment for me.
nqt1976 Wrote:you are right Snazzlefrag,
my english skill not good enough, World religion is a purnishment for me.

...and yet you were still able to pass Intro to Computing and Intro to World Religions.

You should be very proud of yourself nqt! Well done!

What nationality are you? Do you live here in the United States?
My name is Rob

[/SIZE]
I'm vietnamese. living in US for 10 years.
I have to more clep(composition and Humanities) before graduate.
Took the Intro World Religion test yesterday. Not feeling good about it. I guessed most of the way through even though I used IC. It is encouraging however, to see others with similar feelings who passed. I recommend to use more sources since this subject covers such a wide area. These questions were the ones where you needed to make the best choice and others had you pick from the list below of which ones apply. There were very few questions I had where I felt like "I knew this was right". Anyway, thanks for letting me vent.
MagicATC Wrote:Took the Intro World Religion test yesterday. Not feeling good about it. I guessed most of the way through even though I used IC. It is encouraging however, to see others with similar feelings who passed. I recommend to use more sources since this subject covers such a wide area. These questions were the ones where you needed to make the best choice and others had you pick from the list below of which ones apply. There were very few questions I had where I felt like "I knew this was right". Anyway, thanks for letting me vent.

MagicATC, don't panic just yet okay?

If you knew the Instantcert material well, and as long as you kept your head on straight during the exam, you will very likely have passed. This was not an easy exam by any means. I studied especially hard for this exam and STILL came out of the test center with no clue whether I had passed or failed.

As you say, there were lots of group-selection type questions. I always find these to be a bit tricky. You 'think' you may have got it right, but you're never quite sure. I too had to make many 'guesses' but, for the most part, they were educated guesses based on what I had learned.

I had to wait a full three weeks for my World Religions score. But, when it came, I was surprised. I scored a 76.

So all I can say is, if you studied hard for this one, and didn't totally fall to pieces in the exam, I doubt you will have failed.

Let us know how you do.

Best of luck,
Snazzlefrag
My name is Rob

[/SIZE]
Thanks Snazzlefrag,

I read a lot of your posts and see that you are a big encourager to all of us. Thanks for the help!
How much more you need with your degree?

-Magic
MagicATC Wrote:Thanks Snazzlefrag,

I read a lot of your posts and see that you are a big encourager to all of us. Thanks for the help!
How much more you need with your degree?

-Magic

Assuming I passed the Civil War exam that I took last week, I need 39 more credits (13 exams) for my BS in Psychology, and then an additional 30 new credits (10 exams) for my BS in Business.

It's been constant studying and exams since last November. But I'm getting there!

I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel....I just hope it's not a train.
hilarious
My name is Rob

[/SIZE]
snazzlefrag Wrote:Assuming I passed the Civil War exam that I took last week, I need 39 more credits (13 exams) for my BS in Psychology, and then an additional 30 new credits (10 exams) for my BS in Business.

It's been constant studying and exams since last November. But I'm getting there!

I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel....I just hope it's not a train.
hilarious

Hi Snazz,

What you have accomplished already is amazing. I noticed just recently that you are going for the business BA as well as the psych one. I'm curious--I know that having both degrees will be personally satisfying (tremendously!) but will there be a career benefit as well? If you don't mind sharing, what are your eventual career and educational goals? And MagicATC is right. You are a great encourager. Smile

Thanks in advance,
Librevore
Kate
BS Psychology

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cured! World First! bjcheung77 0 227 02-14-2024, 01:40 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The most widely spoken languages in the world bjcheung77 10 706 12-08-2023, 06:17 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  Study.com for World History TECEP bannerfield 4 1,115 09-27-2023, 03:43 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Slowest student in the world... bjcheung77 1 452 05-22-2023, 06:24 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Art of the Western World, Has anyone taken the DSST? jessjoy23 26 6,468 02-13-2023, 11:29 PM
Last Post: Danielcraig007
  Why Divergent Thinkers Beat Geniuses in the Real World LevelUP 1 416 01-20-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: TwinMom
  Intro to Criminal Justice & Speech Communication midnite123 11 986 01-04-2023, 12:32 AM
Last Post: karenkresgs
  Khan World School - College Prep partnership with ASU bjcheung77 0 559 10-15-2022, 07:17 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The Biggest University In The World Alpha 11 1,196 07-25-2022, 09:33 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Intro to Sociology Jennr2z 8 1,075 05-11-2022, 11:14 PM
Last Post: Jennr2z