Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Intro to World Religions DSST test- what to use to study?
They are in the threads on here from Youtube- look them up or don't be rude and lazy- and there are a lot online so I am not going to post them all.
Wow, no need for animosity between fellow learners? I listened briefly to Intro to Religion Lecture 0 - Course Intro. Geez, move past this intro video....she goes on and on about her farm and animals. She does not start discussing the topic (course subject matter and materials) until 4:30ish. Maybe just start on Lecture 1.

REL 100: Introduction to Religion, Missouri State University.
Playlist https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...BZhwCPk7k_

Desc: Investigates what religion is and does, compares religious ideas and practices, and explores how religion influences the relationship between individual and community. Learn more about Missouri State iCourses at Welcome to Missouri State iCourses - Missouri State Outreach - Missouri State University

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BA, Social Sciences. 2010. Arnold Fletcher Award.
AAS, Environmental, Safety & Security Technologies. 2011
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!
Are you using InstantCert flash cards? Did you use InstantCert before? According to the posts below, it appears there are a lot of good resources in the specific exam feedback thread for this subject. I haven't personally taken this test so I'm sorry I can't be more helpful. One of my favorite study resources is fee-clep-prep.com they also offer a free practice test.
http://www.free-clep-prep.com/Introducti...-DSST.html

tiffy1693 Wrote:Ok, I am taking this test for the second time next week (I failed the first time) and am wondering what people have used to study? I have found a few resources, and was just wondering how effective everyone has found them to be. Or if you used something else and found that it was helpful, what was it?

This is what I have found:
I appreciate any help that anyone can give, thanks!

Tiffany
BSU -ABA Certificate Program --In Progress

BSBA from TESC Sept 2014
I completed 63 credits in 15 weeks using this forum!

AAS -Web Design 2003
82.5 BM credits over 10 years old

DSST: 2012 -Geology 58; 2014 -Money and Banking 64, Ethics in America 465, Intro to Computing 474, Business Ethics & Society 453, Human Resource Management 64, Organizational Behavior 68, Management Information Systems 461
CLEP: 2013 -Sociology 58, US History I 65; 2014 Macroeconomics 71, Microeconomics 66, Principles of Management 72, Business Law 67
SAYLOR: 2014 -Principles of Marketing 80%, -Corporate Communication 74%
ALEKS: Introduction to Statistics 76% (23 hours study time over 5 days)
Empire State College PLA of Saylor Small Bus. Man. 4 Upper Level Credits Awarded
Straighterline: ACC I 90.1%, ACC II 82.2%
PennFoster -Strategic Management 93%, Financial Management 97%, Consumer Behavior 94%, Advertising 93%
TECEP using IC flashcards: Public Relations Thought and Practice 78%
TESC PLA 100
Just heard the tail-end of a program that was the final program in a series entitled, "World Religions 101." If you go to http://interfaithradio.org/religion101 you can listen to the series. The series is described as, "Stephen Prothero gives us a crash course on eight of the world's spiritual traditions—what they believe, where they come from, and how they’re different from each other. Each segment poses two basic questions: what is the problem that religion defines as central in the world, and what is the solution?" The program I heard, on Hinduism, was interesting. It might be a source for folks taking the World Religions exam, or just for folks who want to learn about other religions.
TESU BSBA - GM, September 2015

"Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway." -- Earl Nightingale, radio personality and motivational speaker
af2012 Wrote:I used the same study guide & read through all the comments in that same thread. Passed with only a day's worth of studying. It's totally do-able.

Where can I find this study guide? A link would be helpful Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Aschmelz's post:
  • marinafior
Hey where did you get the IC material for the world religions dsst exam? Hope to hear back soon, thanks!
[-] The following 1 user Likes kroyzman's post:
  • marinafior
Could someone post the link to the study guide?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question How can I Study on my own pace and online like a european? justmemyself 6 391 03-25-2024, 09:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Colleges bring back ACT/SAT after finding test-optional policies hurt minorities LevelUP 1 197 03-16-2024, 11:17 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  How to Study Deetzin 3 259 03-12-2024, 02:43 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Study.com --- courses midnite123 9 733 02-24-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: EE-AE-Engineer
  Cured! World First! bjcheung77 0 222 02-14-2024, 01:40 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Test Specific thread dewisant 7 504 01-30-2024, 04:07 PM
Last Post: dewisant
  The most widely spoken languages in the world bjcheung77 10 701 12-08-2023, 06:17 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  Major Study: Unproctored Online Exams Provide Meaningful Assessment Jonathan Whatley 0 369 11-16-2023, 02:48 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Exciting News at ENEB! Introducing test-type exams to fast-track your studie akr680 37 5,596 10-27-2023, 06:53 AM
Last Post: karehiro
  Study.com for World History TECEP bannerfield 4 1,110 09-27-2023, 03:43 PM
Last Post: Avidreader