Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Introducing...........
I've written a book! :hurray:

I have a real ISBN number and everything lol. I'm not going to post it this second, not even the title, because it's being edited by a professional editor and it will be ready soon. It will be a print book, but hopefully I'll be able to get it in an ebook format too. At that point I'll spill all. I will say this- the subject is specifically for homeschool families with children in 9-12 grade that want to earn college credit. It guides parents through the lesson planning, creating transcripts, and correlating their state's high school laws along side subjects with AP/CLEP/DSST exams. The goal is completing high school with some amount of college credit. It's not "exactly" the same as what we talk about here, since we mainly work on speed- cost saving- distance learning - testing- the big 3- and ACE, this is more geared toward the mainstream family whose child is likely to follow a more traditional path. I felt that there are zillions of resources already offered to 1000% traditional students, loads of resources for homeschool families, and many good resources for those who want distance learning/testing/alternatives... but I felt that there was a huge gap for the average homeschooling family who wanted a more traditional college path for their kids.

I'll spill one other tiny thing- my dedication is to +/- 100 names...:coolgleam:
I have no doubt that it will be spectacular and so helpful. I'm looking forward to more details.
AS in 2010 and BS in 2013 at Excelsior College - Transcripts and Costs
MS Biostatistics in 2019 at Texas A&M University - Graduate School

Sharing Credit-by-Exam*
Resources Used - 20+ Exams Passed & General GRE
Practice Tests - Available for CLEP and DSST

* Link posted with permission from forum admin; thank you!
Thats Awesome!
AAS Environmental Safety and Securities Technologies Dec-2011
Working on BA Intellegence Studies Counterterrorism at AMU!
Aleks: Beginners Algebra 72%, College Algebra 83%, Intermediate Algebra 88%, Pre-Calculus 75%, Business Stats 73%
FEMA: 51 Completed
ACE Credits: 18
Military AARTS: 18
24 UoP Credits: GEN200, IT105, COM120, COMM215, HIS145, SCI100, MATH208, MATH209,
DSST-Here's to Your Health--423 (PASS) AUG 15, 2011
DSST Technical Writing--49 (PASS) SEP 01, 2011
StraighterLine: Economics I Macroeconomics 89.7% Economics II Microeconomics 90.2%, Intro to Biology with lab 90.6%, Western Civ I 77.5%,
US History I 82% All Done!
That is wonderful!!!
TESC BSBA
1A – Eng 101 & 102 SL – Business Communications SL – College Algebra ALEKS 73% - Intermediate Algebra ALEKS 74%
1B – Macro SL – Micro SL – Business Stats 80% ALEKS – Substance Abuse DSST 450 – Environment and Humanity DSST 55 – Intro to Psychology CLEP 56
1C – Intro to Religion DSST 445 – Ethics in America DSST 443 – Sociology CLEP 58
1D – Pre-Cal ALEKS 76% - Tech Writing DSST – I need to choose 4 more
2A – Business Law CLEP 57 – Intro to Comp DSST 443 – Principles of Financial Accounting SL – Managerial Accounting SL – Marketing CLEP – Principles of Finance DSST – Business Ethics and Society DSST – Strategic Management Capstone – Management CLEP 50
2B – Money and Banking DSST - Marketing need to choose one – MIS DSST 415 – Organizational Behavior DSST – Human Resource Management DSST
2C – Principles of Supervision DSST – Intro to Business CLEP – Business Law 2 DSST 49
2D – Personal Finance DSST 446 – HTYH DSST 435
Glad to hear it! You certainly know something about the subject!
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
Way to go Cook! I'm sure it will help many people (families) to acheive their goals.
Congrats! I wish I could say I'm surprised but I'm not. I'm glad you've made that first step which a lot of times is the most difficult.
TESC AA
TESC BA June 2010
Sounds like a great book! Can't wait to hear more about it! Congrats on a great accomplishment!Smile
CLEP:
West. Civ I - 65, A&I Lit - 66, Biology - 65, Chemistry - 55, Nat. Sciences - 64, US Hist I - 68, Am. Lit - 61, US Hist II - 62, Am. Gov. - 67, Macroecon. - 63, Microecon. - 75, College Comp. - 66, Prin. of Marketing - 68, Prin. of Mngt - 71

DSST:
Civil War and Reconst. - 70, Prin. of Supervision - 443, Intro to World Rel - 477, Intro to Bus - 443, HR Mgmt - 64, Intro to Computing - 458, Prin. of Fin. Acct - 80Big Grin, Bus Ethics & Society - 447, Prin. of Finance - 437

ALEKS:
Int. Algebra, College Algebra, Precalc, Intro to Stats., Business Stats.

SAYLOR:
Corp. Comm - 78%, Bus Law and Ethics - 76%

PENN FOSTER:
Manag. Acct. - 96, Int. Acct. 1 - 98, Int. Acct. 2 - 87, Cost Acct. - 94, Strategic Bus. Mngt. - 95

ADAMS STATE:
Auditing - 89

LSU:
Adv. Acct. - B

TECEP:
Fed Income Taxation

BSBA Accounting
Cook,

Maybe this will help you publish on apple iPad.

Apple - iBooks Author

Good Luck,
bldclot2
Congrats on the accomplishment. Indeed valuable information for those with the drive to take the lesser traveled path.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing the Icelandverse! hahaha! bjcheung77 0 521 11-20-2021, 10:05 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Introducing ODC/SDC to Homeless Organization harrypotter 7 1,637 11-30-2019, 02:20 PM
Last Post: harrypotter
  Introducing StraighterLine Partner College Scholarships Saharapost 3 1,247 04-24-2014, 12:59 PM
Last Post: Saharapost
  Just introducing myself twitterflix 15 3,770 05-02-2007, 08:54 PM
Last Post: Matymus