Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Is 14 courses in 2 terms possible for psychology major?
It looks like I will have 14 courses to take and wondering if I can do them in two sessions. The are mostly the upper level psychology classes for the BA in psych.

Thoughts? Advice?
(04-11-2024, 12:21 PM)mattbau43 Wrote: Can we bump this thread? It looks like I will have 14 courses to take and wondering if I can do them in two sessions. The are mostly the upper level psychology classes for the BA in psych.

Thoughts? Advice?

This thread is 3 years old so nothing on here matters today as the courses were on a different learning platform and the BA in psych didn't exist yet. You should join the Discord. There's a channel for the psych degree. From what I have read on it, the classes are slower and there's more writing than the business programs. No one can say with certainty how long it will take you to complete 14 courses. You don't even list what they are. If you have 14 psych courses, then it will take longer than if you have 14 100 level gen ed courses to complete. I would plan for 2-3 terms at least. If you finish early that's great, but if not you have a solid, realistic plan. Yes, there have been outliers who have completed 10 courses in 2 weeks, but that's not the norm at all and definitely not in the psych degree.
(04-11-2024, 01:35 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(04-11-2024, 12:21 PM)mattbau43 Wrote: Can we bump this thread? It looks like I will have 14 courses to take and wondering if I can do them in two sessions. The are mostly the upper level psychology classes for the BA in psych.

Thoughts? Advice?

This thread is 3 years old so nothing on here matters today as the courses were on a different learning platform and the BA in psych didn't exist yet. You should join the Discord. There's a channel for the psych degree. From what I have read on it, the classes are slower and there's more writing than the business programs. No one can say with certainty how long it will take you to complete 14 courses. You don't even list what they are. If you have 14 psych courses, then it will take longer than if you have 14 100 level gen ed courses to complete. I would plan for 2-3 terms at least. If you finish early that's great, but if not you have a solid, realistic plan. Yes, there have been outliers who have completed 10 courses in 2 weeks, but that's not the norm at all and definitely not in the psych degree.

Yes I thought I would bump it because it is so old. I appreciate your input. How do I join the discord for this?

(04-11-2024, 01:41 PM)attbau43 Wrote:
(04-11-2024, 01:35 PM)ss20ts Wrote:

Thoughts? Advice?

Yes I thought I would bump it because it is so old. I appreciate your input. How do I join the discord for this?

Also, the classes in green are what I would need.

Attached Files
.png   Screenshot 2024-04-11 144959.png (Size: 39.43 KB / Downloads: 28)
Stats is probably easier at Sophia.

Not sure if you would want to work on Study.com but the following classes are available there:
Study Class > UMPI
Psych 104 > Psych 200 Social Psych
Psych 106 > Psych 235 Abnormal Psych
Completed: HAU MBA | BA Economics (US) | Finland Open Studies @ XAMK/Metropolia/Helsinki/Laurea
Certs Completed: Scrum CSPO/CSM | Google PM/Data Analytics/Marketing
[-] The following 2 users Like jg_nuy's post:
  • mattbau43, Pikachu
Yes I took the stats on Sophia and it was not bad. I am waiting to hear back to see if those study.com classes transfer. If they do, I will
@mattbau43, You may want to review Sophia.org and Study.com to see what classes can be transferred in, try to get the max transfer of credits and then do the remaining credits for residency requirements.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I wish you the best of luck! Psychology was my minor when I was doing my bachelors (many many years ago). I took some of those same courses. You can expect them to be very research heavy with papers, if they are similar to mine. Your speed will depend on how much time you have to devote to it. If you can work on it full time and really immerse yourself, and if you are good at writing papers, you may be able to knock it out of the park. Psychology was originally my major. But when I was 19-20 years old, some of the concepts were just way over my head. I also HATED Biology which was required at my school. I kept it as a minor since I had enough courses. Is there anything in particular you plan to do in Psychology? I know that there’s a shortage of School Psychologists. Smile
MBA - JWMI (in progress)
BA - Edinboro University
Certificate, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation

LawShelf Affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Additional course free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview

ENEB Affiliate
MBA + Master:  https://go.hotmart.com/N92904319K?ap=12c8
MBA *or* Master:  https://go.hotmart.com/S92904390Y?ap=44dc

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Transfer cybersecurity minor/major into UMPI? Robson 11 614 08-16-2024, 12:03 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Is your major on the diploma? Sarajane 4 513 08-06-2024, 01:00 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  UMPI BA in Psychology PsychMomof2 2 302 07-24-2024, 06:36 PM
  Adding a Minor to Business Administration Major Mrbarbz 8 475 07-15-2024, 01:45 PM
Last Post: Mrbarbz
  How do I complete the 10 courses I need to do at UMPI online? whiverem 7 648 07-07-2024, 05:50 PM
  Worst fear come true: 2 courses have been changed to 'not satisfied' FM1 5 727 07-05-2024, 08:38 PM
Last Post: ashkir
Information BA in Psychology - UMPI YourPace allvia 25 6,873 07-01-2024, 11:57 AM
  Accepted TEEX Courses colonelcamp 7 350 06-21-2024, 01:07 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  UMPI - List of courses offered on YourPace Lewis.Yim 10 4,370 06-04-2024, 04:07 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess
  Can GE and Major Reqs be Double Dipped? msamet20 9 552 05-08-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: msamet20