Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Aleks still ACE accredited as of now?
(11-23-2018, 02:04 AM)FilMor Wrote: Hello,

I'm unable to find any actual concrete data on their current accreditation. Perhaps someone here might know their current situation a bit better?

Getting back to the original question, I wanted to point out that ALEKS is not accredited, and never will be - the only entity that can become accredited in regards to this, is an actual school.  There is no accrediting agency for course providers.

ALEKS courses are ACE-recommended for college credit.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 2 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • cookderosa, jsd
(11-25-2018, 05:22 PM)dfrecore Wrote:

I'm unable to find any actual concrete data on their current accreditation. Perhaps someone here might know their current situation a bit better?

Getting back to the original question, I wanted to point out that ALEKS is not accredited, and never will be - the only entity that can become accredited in regards to this, is an actual school.  There is no accrediting agency for course providers.

Some people might think dfrecore is nitpicking here, but it IS an important distinction. Accredited = an actual college, recommended = ACE/NCCRS/etc.
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
[-] The following 1 user Likes mysonx3's post:
  • jsd
(11-25-2018, 05:28 PM)mysonx3 Wrote:
(11-25-2018, 05:22 PM)dfrecore Wrote:

Some people might think dfrecore is nitpicking here, but it IS an important distinction. Accredited = an actual college, recommended = ACE/NCCRS/etc.

I agree, it's an important distinction.

Make 2 piles: colleges and not colleges. 99% of the credits people in this community earn are from the "not colleges" pile. While you CAN take classes at colleges (that are accredited) the "not colleges" pile is evaluated by a third party (ACE in this case) and for that reason, colleges don't always accept credits from the "not colleges" pile. BUT, since the big 3 do, and since the "not colleges" pile contains DIRT CHEAP CREDIT, that type of credit gets used heavily to craft degrees around here.
I wish to take 3 courses on Aleks. I have already identified two: Stats for behavioral sciences & College Algebra with Trigonometry. I already have MAT-121 College Algebra credited into my Evaluation from GED-Math. I want to be sure courses do not duplicate.

I might actually like to do Calculus. There are very good courses on Edx & coursera. But they are not credit eligible. Any suggestions? I checked Saylor, but I am not very good with just following pages and pages of printed material for Math in particular. I would like something interactive, encouraging me to solve problems and learn.
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
(12-14-2018, 06:54 PM)Supermind Wrote: I wish to take 3 courses on Aleks. I have already identified two: Stats for behavioral sciences & College Algebra with Trigonometry. I already have MAT-121 College Algebra credited into my Evaluation from GED-Math. I want to be sure courses do not duplicate.

I might actually like to do Calculus. There are very good courses on Edx & coursera. But they are not credit eligible. Any suggestions? I checked Saylor, but I am not very good with just following pages and pages of printed material for Math in particular. I would like something interactive, encouraging me to solve problems and learn.

I posted a little about this here: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ive-review

I like schoolyourself.org as a very interactive way to learn math. Unfortunately, their calculus course is currently incomplete. If you want a full on class, ASU earned admissions has a calculus for engineering course starting next month. That's not really enough time to get up to speed if you're not currently comfortable with all the prerequisite knowledge. SDC, Saylor, and SL all have calculus for ACE credit but they aren't very good for learning the material. You could use free courses from schoolyourself, Khan academy, Coursera, YouTube various open courseware sources and edx to learn calculus material and then take the course for ace credit through Saylor, SDC or SL.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
(12-14-2018, 07:11 PM)MNomadic Wrote:
(12-14-2018, 06:54 PM)Supermind Wrote: I wish to take 3 courses on Aleks. I have already identified two: Stats for behavioral sciences & College Algebra with Trigonometry. I already have MAT-121 College Algebra credited into my Evaluation from GED-Math. I want to be sure courses do not duplicate.

I posted a little about this here: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ive-review

I like schoolyourself.org as a very interactive way to learn math. Unfortunately, their calculus course is currently incomplete. If you want a full on class, ASU earned admissions has a calculus for engineering course starting next month. That's not really enough time to get up to speed if you're not currently comfortable with all the prerequisite knowledge. SDC, Saylor, and SL all have calculus for ACE credit but they aren't very good for learning the material. You could use free courses from schoolyourself, Khan academy, Coursera, YouTube various open courseware sources and edx to learn calculus material and then take the course for ace credit through Saylor, SDC or SL.

Thank you. I think that’s a good idea. To study using khan academy and take the Saylor exam.

Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 

[...]

Assuming you're transferring these to TESU, then College Algebra duplicates College Algebra with Trigonometry. Just take Trigonometry, that will come in as Precalculus (MAT-129) at TESU. As for the statistics course, all the stats courses come into TESU as Principles of Statistics (STA-201), so you might as well save yourself some time and take the ALEKS Introduction to Statistics course.

There are only three courses you can take from ALEKS that are ACE recommended and don't duplicate, which are:

College Algebra
Trigonometry
Statistics [any one of them]
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
(12-14-2018, 07:32 PM)Merlin Wrote:
[...]

Assuming you're transferring these to TESU, then College Algebra duplicates College Algebra with Trigonometry. Just take Trigonometry, that will come in as Precalculus (MAT-129) at TESU. As for the statistics course, all the stats courses come into TESU as Principles of Statistics (STA-201), so you might as well save yourself some time and take the ALEKS Introduction to Statistics course.

There are only three courses you can take from ALEKS that are ACE recommended and don't duplicate, which are:

College Algebra
Trigonometry

Thank you. I will do that. Intro to Statistics, Behavioral sciences and business statistics- all of them duplicate?

(12-14-2018, 07:42 PM)Supermind Wrote:
(12-14-2018, 07:32 PM)Merlin Wrote:
[...]

College Algebra
Trigonometry

Thank you. I will do that. Intro to Statistics, Behavioral sciences and business statistics- all of them duplicate?

Yep, they all come in as the same course (STA-201).
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The 100 Most Popular Accredited Online Colleges for 2024 LevelUP 2 212 03-20-2024, 05:47 AM
Last Post: nyvrem
  Unaccredited degree assembled from courses at accredited schools elcastor21 1 370 09-26-2023, 12:07 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Degree Mills that were accredited at some point? elcastor21 1 455 09-07-2023, 06:14 PM
  Regionally Accredited Self Paced Courses for College Credit BMWGuinness 5 2,774 04-27-2023, 12:25 PM
  A Free Accredited Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science – How Do We Get There? MNomadic 16 3,604 11-12-2022, 03:43 AM
Last Post: debrag
  Recommendations for accredited, self-paced program sparkling 7 1,222 08-04-2022, 11:26 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  An Accredited Local CC - 6 Free Credits Dorothy44 8 1,261 07-23-2021, 04:58 PM
Last Post: Dorothy44
  ACICS Accredited - No faculty & No students bjcheung77 2 1,340 07-10-2020, 06:45 PM
Last Post: Johann
  Aleks Math for Liberal Arts Degree ragkrish 5 1,365 02-08-2020, 01:49 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Which University with 91 Credits (75 Regional Accredited Colleges and 16 from ACE) wellandgood 8 1,926 11-30-2019, 09:51 PM
Last Post: davewill