Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is CIS still a BSBA or it´s now a different degree?
Since when I go to the application page, I don´t get the option of CIS inside BSBA:

[Image: Captura-de-pantalla-2023-03-26-185950.jpg]
[Image: BSBA-options.jpg]
But if I select Bachelor of Science, I can pick CIS:

[Image: BS.jpg]
There was a degree name change last year that broke out several of the BSBA concentrations as their own degrees. The requirements didn't change, just the name.
TESU Class of 2024 BSBA-CIS+GM, BSIT, ASNSM-CS+Math, AAS-GEN
Earned credits from Sophia, SDC, ASU ULC, TEEX, Microsoft, Strayer, TESU, Saylor, DSST, CLEP, CompTIA, StraighterLine, and others since starting in April 2020
[-] The following 1 user Likes jch's post:
  • MrPanda
It would affect the rule of getting two degrees?

Since my plan was BSBA (Operations Management + CIS) and BA CS.
You still get BSBA OPM and BSCIS as "one degree" because they're both at the business school and use the same business capstone.
Earned credits from Sophia, SDC, ASU ULC, TEEX, Microsoft, Strayer, TESU, Saylor, DSST, CLEP, CompTIA, StraighterLine, and others since starting in April 2020
[-] The following 1 user Likes jch's post:
  • MrPanda
May be a silly question , but I wonder if it will still be considered a business degree in the business world or a tech degree ?

For example some jobs require a business degree. Will this still qualify as that ?
I plan to graduate with both the BSCIS and one of the other BSBA concentrations to avoid that issue and maximize my potential.
If you graduate with a BSBA from TESU the diploma reads 'Bachelor of Science in Business Administration', if you graduate with (just) a BS-CIS anyone know what the diploma reads? Does it just read 'Bachelor of Science' (similar to all the BAs)? Has anyone here gradauted with just the CIS AOS since this change went into effect? Curious minds want to know  Smile
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 1 user Likes allvia's post:
  • akr680
BS-CIS sounds like a Technical degree better than BSBA
------------------

(03-30-2023, 05:25 PM)akr680 Wrote: BS-CIS sounds like a Technical degree better than BSBA

Maybe so. Unless you want / need a business degree
[-] The following 1 user Likes Pats20's post:
  • akr680
Basically, at the end of the day, I think it's still going to be a BSBA CIS and how it's going to show in your parchment and transcripts. If you review the two screenshots, Entrepreneurship and others such as International Business are also indicated as a BS. They'll most likely update the BS Accounting/CPA and whatever else that got into the wrong category and correctly rectify the error or mistake.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 12 634 1 hour ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Where should I get my accounting degree? mt_1994 10 168 1 hour ago
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 616 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 541 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 405 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  Electronics Engineering degree plan advice trailbounder 5 384 03-18-2024, 04:19 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Is an academic certificate a degree for the purposes of "new" credits? Am I screwed? ItsNeverTheLionsYear 3 343 03-13-2024, 08:53 PM
  Double Degree How To kowenboy 3 303 02-29-2024, 01:05 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Tough Dual Concentration BS Degree Possible??? GameSlinger 7 663 02-28-2024, 04:31 AM
Last Post: GameSlinger
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 634 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch