Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it possible to submit a blank page to Sophia
Does anyone know if this is possible for Ancient Greek Philosophers on Sophia? I want it off my dashboard to finish other classes but i already have an 89% and dont care to write the essay. If i have to ill do the bare minimum but its holding me up from other classes I should have completed instead of this one.
You need 50% score in the touchstone to pass the course. You can summit it but theoretically you cannot pass the course.
Do the paper, get the 50% and is the quicker way.
It will be returned ungraded if you don't meet the requirements. It's a short essay, only needs to be 3 to 4 pages. Better off just finishing it or dropping the class.
There is no minimum score required on touchstones, but it is necessary to complete along with an overall average of 70%.

Source: https://app.sophia.org/spcc/business-law...TOUCHSTONE

I have not yet attempted to submit a touchstone the same way that it is possible to submit an "I'm accepting a zero for this assignment as I have enough points." doc via SDC. So I may do that for fun with this Business Law since you're allowed 1 redo attempt per touchstone.
Degrees
Polk State College, AA Liberal Arts, 2023 ACE/MOOC Friendly )
TESU, BA Computer Science/BS Computer Info Systems, AS Biology Pending 2024 )
RA Credits
ICC, NMJC, Polk State College
ACE Credits
Sophia Learning, Coursera, SDC
[-] The following 1 user Likes MissRN's post:
  • sophia UX
(04-15-2024, 03:02 PM)MissRN Wrote: There is no minimum score required on touchstones, but it is necessary to complete along with an overall average of 70%.

Source: https://app.sophia.org/spcc/business-law...TOUCHSTONE

I have not yet attempted to submit a touchstone the same way that it is possible to submit an "I'm accepting a zero for this assignment as I have enough points." doc via SDC. So I may do that for fun with this Business Law since you're allowed 1 redo attempt per touchstone.

It will be returned ungraded since you didn't meet the requirements of the touchstone.
From Sophia Student guide: "Complete each Touchstone with a score of at least 50%.
"
From student guide with more perspective of all requirements:

"HOW IT WORKS
To earn a Sophia transcript, you must:
• Complete each Challenge by attempting each of the questions.
• Achieve a total average score of 70% or better across all Challenges, Milestones, and Touchstones.
• Complete each Touchstone with a score of at least 50%.
• Complete your Final Milestone, which contributes to your overall course score.
"
Unless I understand it wrong it requires, at least in theory, a 50% in the touchstone. Check the Rubric to be sure you get the 50%.
(04-15-2024, 03:22 PM)Kab Wrote: From Sophia Student guide: "Complete each Touchstone with a score of at least 50%.
"

"HOW IT WORKS
• Achieve a total average score of 70% or better across all Challenges, Milestones, and Touchstones.
• Complete your Final Milestone, which contributes to your overall course score.
"  
Unless I understand it wrong it requires, at least in theory, a 50% in the touchstone. Check the Rubric to be sure you get the 50%.

No minimum required for the touchstones:

Quote:While there is no minimum required score on an individual Touchstone, keep in mind that you must complete each Touchstone as well as achieve an average score of 70% across all assessments to pass the course. You will be given one opportunity to redo each Touchstone if necessary to improve your score.
(04-15-2024, 03:22 PM)Kab Wrote: From Sophia Student guide: "Complete each Touchstone with a score of at least 50%.
"

"HOW IT WORKS
"  

This is what I see under the Business Law: https://app.sophia.org/spcc/business-law...W_IT_WORKS

HOW IT WORKS

• Complete each Milestone and Touchstone, which contribute to your overall course score.

Degrees
Polk State College, AA Liberal Arts, 2023 ACE/MOOC Friendly )
TESU, BA Computer Science/BS Computer Info Systems, AS Biology Pending 2024 )
RA Credits
ICC, NMJC, Polk State College
ACE Credits
Sophia Learning, Coursera, SDC
In short, I would get it done ASAP by following the rubric to get a 'complete' grade... You don't want to let this easy course credit go, I think it's just one assignment. When you submit the assignment, you can ask to have a third class open... It's usually best to have one class with touchstones, and one class without, so you can speed through that class without the touchstone.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I don't know when they changed the policy, but it used to be if you failed a milestone, you had to retake it.  I had to retake the 5th stats milestone. 

While there is no minimum required score on an individual Milestone, keep in mind that you need to achieve an average score of 70% across all Challenges and Milestones.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  English Comp II on Sophia vs at UMPI colonelcamp 11 394 3 hours ago
Last Post: ss20ts
  New Sophia course: Criminology Kab 6 305 Yesterday, 09:33 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Managerial Accounting Sophia faptaincrunch 3 743 07-24-2024, 09:54 PM
Last Post: Kioslap
  Sophia Course Retirement Alert AllThose299s 8 1,251 07-14-2024, 09:20 PM
Last Post: OtterDen
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 147 83,062 07-13-2024, 07:33 PM
Last Post: Quatchi
  Spanish I on Sophia DavidGood 10 492 07-11-2024, 04:37 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU doesn't accept SOPHIA? burbuja0512 11 775 07-07-2024, 03:46 PM
Last Post: burbuja0512
  Sophia | US Government bradonomics 9 1,951 07-03-2024, 08:13 AM
Last Post: DavidGood
Question Have any of y'all gotten Sophia credit at a Tennessee State school? tennessee123 1 222 06-26-2024, 11:30 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Can't take Student Success at Sophia? Pikachu 2 331 06-12-2024, 12:17 PM
Last Post: RJ77