Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it too late to apply to UMPI for August?
Is it too late to apply to UMPI for the August-October semester?
CLEP - 7 Courses, Study.com - 11 Courses, Sophia - 15 Courses, CSM Learn, INSTANTCERT - Spanish I, Coursera - Google Data Analytics Certificate.

UMPI Double major BA Accounting, BABA Project Management. 2023

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Apply by August 8th to start on August 29th

https://online.umpi.edu/
Actually, it's August 9th. And yeah, it's sometimes easier/faster looking at their website for answers as opposed to asking here without researching first.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
You have until August 9th to apply to UMPI for the Fall 1 session beginning August 29th. I wouldn't wait to start submitting transcripts though. I'd start now if you are thinking of attending that session. It takes a few weeks for transcripts to be processed.
(07-18-2022, 11:34 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Actually, it's August 9th.  And yeah, it's sometimes easier/faster looking at their website for answers as opposed to asking here without researching first.

I know what the website says. I did research it. And I know what the deadline is.  
I worded my questions poorly.
I wanted to know if I would have time to get all my transcripts in. I have heard that it can take a few weeks.
I didnt want to undertake a fruitless endevor if I had waited to long to get everything in.
Thanks for your help.

(07-18-2022, 01:49 PM)ss20ts Wrote: You have until August 9th to apply to UMPI for the Fall 1 session beginning August 29th. I wouldn't wait to start submitting transcripts though. I'd start now if you are thinking of attending that session. It takes a few weeks for transcripts to be processed.

Thanks so much, this is what I was wondering. I wasn't sure if I would have enough time to get everything in. I will start now.
CLEP - 7 Courses, Study.com - 11 Courses, Sophia - 15 Courses, CSM Learn, INSTANTCERT - Spanish I, Coursera - Google Data Analytics Certificate.

UMPI Double major BA Accounting, BABA Project Management. 2023

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
(07-18-2022, 02:23 PM)acethroughcollege Wrote: Thanks so much, this is what I was wondering. I wasn't sure if I would have enough time to get everything in. I will start now.

I would apply today. It's free. If you can't get everything done in time such as completing courses elsewhere, you can always defer your enrollment to the next session. If one applies on the last day, it can be really challenging to get all of the transcripts received and processed in time. I still have 1 college who doesn't have digital transcripts! It takes them about 3 weeks to mail a paper transcript. The best part of it is they were one of the first schools in the state system to have an online learning program. They were innovative with that but transcripts are stuck in 1850.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • origamishuttle
@OP - Oh, I see. I didn't know you were asking something slightly different. Anyways, I agree with ss20ts, you can get everything ready and apply/send transcripts in. I wouldn't "wait" until the deadline, at the latest, this week. You are correct, it does take some time for the transcripts to be evaluated and input into their system, when it's "busy time" for them, it'll maybe spill into the next week or two. Essentially, applying before the deadline gets you closer to actually enrolling in time before sessions start. Even though they have close to 3 weeks from application to session starting, that's their buffer time to make sure applications have everything... but as we all know "things happen", apply earlier is the best bet.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • acethroughcollege
I applied to UMPI and sent my transcripts on July 1, was accepted on July 8, and got a degree audit on July 12. The document deadline (I suppose that means transcripts) is August 11. It's not too late to apply and send everything in.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
[-] The following 1 user Likes amrly813's post:
  • acethroughcollege

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UMPI BABA Marketing Mrbarbz 9 110 05-03-2024, 04:07 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UMPI Class Review Master Thread RbxFunRocks 97 66,719 05-03-2024, 02:42 AM
Last Post: ishady
  UMPI Gen Ed Req colonelcamp 7 200 04-30-2024, 10:41 AM
  Degreeplan advices of UMPI BBA Management & Leadership Concentration whereismyramen 5 219 04-29-2024, 07:27 PM
  UMPI YourPace BLS w/ Management Minor Reference Plan valentvne 8 516 04-29-2024, 10:22 AM
  Sophia Scores, Speed, and Transferring to UMPI colonelcamp 13 510 04-26-2024, 06:23 PM
Last Post: colonelcamp
  Is a philosophy minor possible at UMPI? LevelUP 8 235 04-26-2024, 11:34 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Inquiry Regarding Equivalent Classes for Remaining UMPI Requirements hicham78h 5 339 04-24-2024, 12:53 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Should I contact UMPI now or wait until I finish my GEC with Sophia then contact them JusW 3 264 04-22-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: JusW
  minimum age for UMPI students YourPace EducationSeeker 6 359 04-20-2024, 05:19 PM
Last Post: EducationSeeker