Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Input on Excelsior
We all know about the coming cornerstone requirement for EC Nov 1. Would someone be able to enroll at EC before then, get locked in to the catalog now and then work on credits other places without incurring any fees? (COSC has the per semester fee while you are enrolled so you should wait to enroll until you have all but the last of your credits).

Am I mixing up applying with enrolling? Can I get a review from all 3 schools of transfer credits and then decide where to enroll my son?

Thanks,

Kathy
EC has an annual enrollment fee - so if you enroll, you have to pay $1095 (last I checked) and it's good for a year. So, I wouldn't enroll there until you are VERY close to graduation.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
The annual enrollment fee is $495. $1095 is the residential fee (you pay that regardless of the length of time it takes you to complete your degree if you don't earn at least 12 credits at Excelsior.) If I'm reading the fees page correctly (https://www.excelsior.edu/costs-and-fina...rgraduate/), you don't have to pay the annual fee if you complete your degree in under a year.
(10-03-2019, 03:58 PM)wow Wrote: The annual enrollment fee is $495. $1095 is the residential fee (you pay that regardless of the length of time it takes you to complete your degree if you don't earn at least 12 credits at Excelsior.) If I'm reading the fees page correctly (https://www.excelsior.edu/costs-and-fina...rgraduate/), you don't have to pay the annual fee if you complete your degree in under a year.

Slow your roll there wow, you're coming across as quite aggressive.

Excelsior doesn't have a "residential fee", that's not a thing.  TESU has a residential waiver, and EC's fee is similar, but their wording is different, and their price-structure is as well.

What I said was correct - assuming you're going to transfer in most of your credits, and only take the cornerstone at EC, you pay $1095 for the Enrollment fee at the beginning, and it's good for 1 year.  If you get your degree during that first year, then you're good.  If you need to take more time, then you pay the Student Services Annual Fee each year after the first one.  This is considered the "multi-source option."

If you are going to take 12cr at EC, then you won't have to pay the enrollment fee, since you'll be paying $6100+ in tuition.  This is the "course option."
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
What I'm doing is enrolling as if I'm taking 12 credits at Excelsior, which I'm not. That way, the $1095 enrollment fee is waived until they realize you aren't going to acquire 12 credits before graduation. At that point, I'll be switched to the multi-source option and have to pay the $1095. It's just a way to delay the inevitable but, it makes the enrollment process similar to Tesu by pushing the fees toward the end.

I would also recommend taking the two free Sophia learning courses, if you haven't already. Then send them to Excelsior prior to applying. This will get your $50 application fee waived plus, I believe the annual fee is reduced to $224 instead of $495 for being part of the Sophia partnership for the 2nd year and beyond...Correct me if I'm wrong.

In addition, I just confirmed that the study.com library science 101: information literacy class will fulfill their info lit requirement. They clearly want you to take the course at Excelsior but, this option will save money.

Of course, getting enrolled prior to 11/1 will allow you to avoid taking the cornerstone. Once the cornerstone hits, Tesu and Excelsior are going to be pretty expensive compared to Cosc. That being said, no-one knows what the future holds with Cosc either. All of those variables helped make my decision in choosing Excelsior.
(10-04-2019, 03:51 PM)dfwdegree Wrote: What I'm doing is enrolling as if I'm taking 12 credits at Excelsior, which I'm not.  That way, the $1095 enrollment fee is waived until they realize you aren't going to acquire 12 credits before graduation.  At that point, I'll be switched to the multi-source option and have to pay the $1095.  It's just a way to delay the inevitable but, it makes the enrollment process similar to Tesu by pushing the fees toward the end.

I would also recommend taking the two free Sophia learning courses, if you haven't already.  Then send them to Excelsior prior to applying.  This will get your $50 application fee waived plus, I believe the annual fee is reduced to $224 instead of $495 for being part of the Sophia partnership for the 2nd year and beyond...Correct me if I'm wrong.

In addition, I just confirmed that the study.com library science 101: information literacy class will fulfill their info lit requirement.  They clearly want you to take the course at Excelsior but, this option will save money.  

Of course, getting enrolled prior to 11/1 will allow you to avoid taking the cornerstone.  Once the cornerstone hits, Tesu and Excelsior are going to be pretty expensive compared to Cosc.  That being said, no-one knows what the future holds with Cosc either.  All of those variables helped make my decision in choosing Excelsior.

That's a new fee structure that just went into effect on July 15th - prior to that, you could apply for free, and get a $100/cr discount on tuition IF you took 12cr through EC (which most on here don't do), but partnership students now get a discount on the SSAF.
Quote:If you are going to take 12cr at EC, then you won't have to pay the enrollment fee, since you'll be paying $6100+ in tuition. This is the "course option."

Do UExcel Exam Credits not count as part of the 12 credits?
(10-17-2019, 11:29 PM)tjguitar85 Wrote:
Quote:If you are going to take 12cr at EC, then you won't have to pay the enrollment fee, since you'll be paying $6100+ in tuition. This is the "course option."

Do UExcel Exam Credits not count as part of the 12 credits?
No atleast on the planner it doesn't show that it counts
In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Excelsior BSLA - Upper Level Credits Robinred2404 7 403 03-18-2024, 09:08 PM
Last Post: Robinred2404
  Has excelsior accepted CSM math recently? CM1999 6 937 01-11-2024, 10:16 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  So disappointed in Excelsior. Should I bail or suck it up for the last class? profstudent 22 5,584 12-06-2023, 02:03 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess
  New Change to Enrollment at Excelsior U. -- Not Good milah1 12 1,646 10-20-2023, 12:46 PM
Last Post: frankc
  Excelsior University BS in Liberal Arts Upper Credit Transfer Options Niketay 13 2,315 07-05-2023, 10:22 AM
  Excelsior University to Ivey League ----> RichestLiberalArtsMajor 5 1,338 06-06-2023, 09:32 AM
Last Post: IReallyNeedADegree
  OTmina - Excelsior Degree Plan OTmina 28 4,074 05-16-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: OTmina
  Excelsior Capstone Risa 6 1,735 04-30-2023, 06:41 PM
Last Post: new2this
  Finally Graduating from Excelsior University new2this 4 1,256 04-29-2023, 12:46 AM
  English Comp Excelsior Sophia joer 17 5,311 04-14-2023, 10:30 AM
Last Post: rachel83az