Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is there a cheap national accredited online school?
Is there a cheap national accredited online school? I'm planning to get A.A. degree first and B.A. degree later.
Regional accredited online school like Big 3 looks a bit expensive.
There's always University of the People. It doesn't get much cheaper than free... Well, not completely free....

There is a $60 application fee and a $100 fee for each final exam. So they estimate it costs $2000 for their associate's and $4000 for a bachelor's. The way I read it $4000 would cover both. They say they have lots of scholarships available, but I have no idea what the criteria might be.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
davewill Wrote:There's always University of the People. It doesn't get much cheaper than free... Well, not completely free....

There is a $60 application fee and a $100 fee for each final exam. So they estimate it costs $2000 for their associate's and $4000 for a bachelor's. The way I read it $4000 would cover both. They say they have lots of scholarships available, but I have no idea what the criteria might be.

Dave beat me to it, I was going to suggest them as well. There is another one, NationsUniversity, it's actually FREE as well. Here's a post two weeks ago.
http://www.degreeforum.net/military-disc...post209270

bjcheung77 Wrote:Hmm, I would really wonder if NationsUniversity | Affordable, High Quality, Christian Education would work for you.
If you're in say, Asia for a year or two, you technically aren't resident...
And of you complete their degree, the tuition is free as long as you're not resident at any of the mentioned 25 countries.

BTW, they're accredited by DEAC, whereas I believe most Seminary's or Theological schools are accredited by TRACS.
See View Agencies , you can check accreditation for some at TRACS
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Nations University charges $960 per year now.

You can still get a degree from a regionally accredited school pretty cheaply. People use the Big 3 to test out of their degrees, and this is usually under $7,000 total. Western Governors University, Northern Arizona University, University of Wisconsin, Brandman University, Capella University, Patten University, Hodges University, and a few other schools offer competency-based programs where you pay a flat rate per 3-6 month term. You can complete as many credits as you can during those terms. With WGU's partnership with Saylor, you can complete a quarter to half of your degree by only paying $25 per Saylor exam taken. Each Saylor exam passed will earn 3-4 competency units at WGU.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
mickey20 Wrote:Is there a cheap national accredited online school? I'm planning to get A.A. degree first and B.A. degree later.
Regional accredited online school like Big 3 looks a bit expensive.

But ultimately, if you would like the best bang for your buck, you need to list what educational level and course you already have under your belt.
I looked up your previous posts, since you're not one of those 1 post wonders :coolgleam:. So, you've taken PF and some comm college...
What's under your hood of credits? Did you take any from Ashworth or another NA school? PF and other NA are good schools to have your AA.

Since you're already taking PF courses, why not finish there if you're close and transfer them to an RA institution for your RA BA/BS degree?
Some competency based degrees from Patten and WGU will grant credit for those AA's at NA schools, and you'll be half way to your BA/BS.
Take some more ACE credits and you'll be even further along the road to that RA degree at those two schools...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
If you have credit from a nationally accredited school, Excelsior will take up to 25% of your Excelsior program from those credits.
https://info.excelsior.edu/student-polic...d-schools/

So for example, if you have a 60-credit AA from a nationally accredited school, you could use up to 30 of those credits for an Excelsior BA.
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  U.S. Department of Education considers a degree as a high school equivalency ArshveerCheema 12 489 05-19-2024, 11:09 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  F in high school but 4.0 college gpa Spyrine 4 194 05-18-2024, 09:31 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Online Linear Algebra Course (Except SNHU) sjdkn1 3 228 05-15-2024, 12:00 PM
Last Post: inor
  Any leads on cheap-ish studio art classes? RachelB 6 332 05-13-2024, 07:30 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Graham School - University of Chicago Charles Fout 14 2,058 05-01-2024, 03:56 AM
Last Post: graduatesoon
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 30 6,789 04-28-2024, 01:15 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Credit Banking & cheap/free credits - Asking for a friend SweetSecret 8 1,725 04-25-2024, 07:52 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess
  Will online degrees become worthless because of AI? blablablox 12 1,031 04-20-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  New UK Bachelors Degree Online coming soon! Leedeedee 1 392 04-03-2024, 11:54 AM
Question How can I Study on my own pace and online like a european? justmemyself 6 508 03-25-2024, 09:14 PM