Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is there any path with CLEP etc to Financial Mathematics
I hope you are all doing well. I was wondering if there was any path with CLEP etc.... to:

Financial Mathematics

https://mathfinance.uncc.edu/  this or something similar.
CLEP's are lower level exams, and used towards a BA/BS (or AA/AS). You can't test out of master's level courses.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(11-03-2019, 12:40 AM)dfrecore Wrote: CLEP's are lower level exams, and used towards a BA/BS (or AA/AS).  You can't test out of master's level courses.

Ok thanks so much for the help. Which path should I take for BA/BS to get what I need so I can be able to into that particular masters program? Is there a CLEP path for that at least. Thanks again so much guys!
Looking at their prerequisite requirements, I'd look to come in with a bachelor's in one of:

Mathematics
Computer Science
Finance or BSBA Finance
and maybe Accounting or BSBA Accounting

There are probably other choices I didn't think of.

They have the following prerequisites, so you'll want to take these and get them on an undergrad transcript whether they fit into your degree or not:

Calculus I
Calculus II
Matrices and Linear Algebra
Principles of Microeconomics
Financial Management
Programming: Programming concepts and mechanics taught through the use of a high-level language.

You should contact their admissions office and discuss this stuff with them. Usually grad admission folks are much more helpful than their undergrad counterparts. Find out what degrees most of their admissions have. Also ask them if the prereqs must be graded and whether alternative credit is acceptable for them.

The BACS at TESU would have plenty of room in electives to take the extra finance courses, and you might well be able to fit the math and programming into a Business degree at one of the Big3. I don't think there's an alt credit friendly Finance degree out there, but there might be.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
I was not understanding your question.

So, I would say that you CAN test out of a BA/BS degree, but you'd need to make sure that you have graded credits from an RA school for all prereqs, and I would go very heavy on those math courses with whatever degree you get.  I would also contact the school ahead of time and ask how many graded credits you need to get into the program, and then get those.  Like, if they want 60 graded credits, you can test out of half of your degree.

The cheapest graded math credits I know of are through Westcott Courses; they range from $499-$569 for Stats, Business Calc, Calc I, II, and III.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
NC universities have a law that guarantees the full and complete transfer of an associates (AS) degree and since the NC community colleges accept CLEP, you can build an accelerated pathway to a bachelor's but you can't apply to a master's program until you have finished your bachelor's degree.

To complete your bachelor's degree:
You can DIY your degree online using alternative credits as long as you are careful to get your graded credits and prereqs in there too - you can do that for under $10,000 and in just about 2 years or less.
or
You can go to Central Piedmont for your AS which includes CLEP (1 - 1 1/2 years) and then transfer to one of our promise schools and do the last 2 years for $2000. On that track you'll spend less than $5,000 but it will take about 3 1/2 years.

At that point you can apply to the program you linked above.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  InstantCert w/CLEP and DSST tomheany 0 142 03-13-2024, 02:52 PM
Last Post: tomheany
  CLEP and Modern States in the UK BritStudent 4 460 03-06-2024, 09:21 AM
Last Post: asianphd
  CLEP - BIOLOGY Recommendations? GoBroncos95 11 758 02-19-2024, 06:13 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  CLEP Spanish advice? Stanislav 8 486 01-31-2024, 08:52 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Is there a limit to CLEP? GoBroncos95 8 633 01-28-2024, 12:23 PM
  Cancelled clep scores?: Please HELP! lyssiethekitty 2 405 01-11-2024, 06:18 AM
Last Post: Ghostwill
  Military CLEP/DSST transcript issues defscarlett 4 445 01-10-2024, 07:43 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  What is Modern States? (AKA How to Take CLEP Tests for FREE) sgloer 1 1,974 12-10-2023, 10:51 AM
Last Post: Dango375
  ACE Recommendations for several CLEP Exams expiring today jch 2 934 12-01-2023, 05:30 AM
Last Post: jch
  Is the CLEP College Composition Modular easier than Sophia's English Composition I? whiverem 4 550 11-08-2023, 11:24 AM